She is birthed.

You guys love Woy, right?

Woy. Mike Woycheck. Master of the Sandwich. Godfather of Pittsburgh Bloggers. Granddaddy of WearPittsburgh. Sugardaddy of the Burgh Blog. The guy that takes me to lunch on occasion and tells me stories about all of you. I know everything. You have no secrets from me.

His gorgeous and funny wife Meg bore him a baby in the wee hours of the morning and let me tell you, I think Meg was technically in labor for 24 hours or so. Good God almighty what did women do to deserve that kind of torture? I blame Eve.

I let Woy know he must run out and purchase Meg some diamonds. Immediately. Don’t hesitate. She deserves them. Big ones. Shiny ones. Get me some while you’re there.

Anyway, my point is to congratulate Mr. Woy and Mrs. Woy on the birth of their sweet pea Madden.

So I guess I didn’t win the WoyGirl arrival contest.

Damn it.

1. Uncle Crappy
    August 1, 2008 7:59 am

Congrats to Mike and Meg — and to Madden, who has one of the coolest names I’ve ever heard.

And fret not, PG — tehbaby, of Sportsocracy fame, is coming soon. You’ll get another chance at the baby pool thing.

2. Burgh Baby
    August 1, 2008 8:04 am

Congratulations to Mike and Meg! I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting Meg, but I can guarantee that Mike is going to be a fantastic father. Welcome to the Burgh, Madden!

3. spoon
    August 1, 2008 8:22 am

Congrats mike and meg and welcome to the world Madden! So where is Madden’s blog at? :)

tehjim, tehwife is next unless Papuga has immaculate combustion

4. corner press
    August 1, 2008 8:56 am

Congrats to the new parents! And yes, I agree with UC … that is one of the coolest names I’ve ever heard.

My question, though, is who actually won the pool? Does 1:12 a.m. after 24 hours of labor count as July 32? Maybe Kewyson really was on to something after all …

I think the next pool should be how long it takes the new Daddy to post pictures … or maybe he already has … :)

5. TheJim
    August 1, 2008 9:17 am

Congratulations to all Woys involved! Now, the question is, did Mike pass out?

6. wineplz
    August 1, 2008 9:47 am

Congrats to the Woychecks!

Wow! I missed it by only an hour and twelve minutes!

7. sherry
    August 1, 2008 11:45 am

that’s terrific. i’ve been checking every now and then.

glad you let us know.

August 1, 2008 4:38 pm

Madden? For John or Mark?

9. Megan
    August 2, 2008 12:00 pm

Congrats to them!!!!!!! (not to start a competition, but I was in labor for 54hours, only 3 with epidural) Welcome to the world baby Woy!!!!!!!!!

10. Puma
    August 4, 2008 12:50 pm

Congrats Woy! Thanks again for coinciding your child’s arrival schedule with our flag-football season. You have 48 hours, and I expect you back at two-a-day drills.