Random n’at.

1. I went to the Waterfront on Saturday night to enjoy dinner at PF Changs with Ohio Sister, Pens Fan and Mother of PittGirl because really, we don’t have enough girls nights out.

The highlight of my evening was not the kickass seven dollar sunglasses I found, nor was it when Ohio Sister, who had not eaten all day, drank two sips of a Plum Collins and got a good enough buzz for her to try to speak Spanish — cuando does escuela start-o? –, rather it was when the normally reserved, classy, stylish Mother of PittGirl laughed so hard she spewed diet Pepsi all over the table.

Sex-ay.

2. The Bleacher Report indicates that the Jason Bay trade was another piece of dumbsuck to the giant puzzle of suck that is the Buccos of Suckitude. I’m withholding judgment for now.

3. The Fans of PittGirl group on Facebook recently passed the 400 mark, got up to 410 and today, it is at 409. I just want you to know, whoever you are that left my fan club, that I will hunt you down and I will make you rue the day you clicked that “Leave Group” button. Nobody walks away from Ken Rice, you hear me?!

4. Also:

That’s church.

(h/t to Bobby for creating it)

5. I was watching Wedding Crashers this weekend for the first time (I had seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing) when suddenly my imaginary self-united husband and future best friend David Conrad popped on the screen playing a character named Trap and actually said, “Did you tap that again? Damn. Sluts!”

Hey! That’s Skippy Skeeve’s line!

6. In Cat’s Call today:

I’m over 70 and my wife is over 65. My problem is: I’m old but not dead yet! My wife and I haven’t had sex in more than five years.

Now I have old-people sex images running through my head. Thanks, Cat!

Now, you know I give Cat lots of grief, but I would like you to go and read her response to the Dad who wrote back in to her after she printed his letter in which he complained about his wife putting on baby weight.  She puts him in his place and by the time I got to her last line where she tells him to grow up, I wanted to find Cat and salute her.

I mean, if you’re going to ask your wife to grow you a human, you’d best be prepared for what growing a human and birthing that human is going to do to her body.

7. Let’s check in with Baby Cici Donna:

Still fat.

Is anyone else thinking maybe Mike Tomlin is taking this too far? I mean, okay, you’ve made your point.

Let the thugalicious Fatty McFatPants practice.

8.  What drunk monkey is naming the hurricanes these days?

Edouard?

How ’bout Diggory?  Can we name one Diggory?

Or Saucy?  That one’d be a bitch.

1. Kat
    August 5, 2008 9:28 am

6. Did you see Cat’s website? Dad dude wrote back complaining about how he was misunderstood: http://catscall.com/

I love how he’s surprised that growing a human being tends to change a woman’s body a little bit.

2. dayafternext
    August 5, 2008 9:46 am

7. ’90s over. No more jean shorts, plz.

3. omgz!
    August 5, 2008 9:50 am

Yes, but does Cici Donna have STRETCH MARKS?!?!?!?!!? As I understand from the gentleman’s well-reasoned response on Cat’s site, they’re the end of the universe and all civilization as we know it. And as such, the entire franchise should not only bar him from training camp, but run screaming into the night, for surely Apocalypse is nigh.

(Not Cat’s call: unattractive, yes… end of the world, no.)

4. unsatisfied (no longer Jeff Reed's Puke)
    August 5, 2008 10:29 am

7. keep pedalin’, casey.

has anyone here seen bryant gumbel’s report from a year or two ago on HBO about former NFL’ers who were extremely overweight during their playing days and are now either severely handicapped or dead?

keep pedalin’, casey….

8. how about “thugalicious”?

5. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 5, 2008 10:49 am

Casey’s going to need both knees replaced by the time he’s 40 if he doesn’t do something about his weight. I remember being at the Denver game last year and looking down at the sideline and seeing him standing next to someone, sucking down oxygen. We couldn’t see his number, but we sure as heck saw his belly.

Tomlin’s looking out for Casey and the team. More and more players are putting it back on the team (in the form of lawsuits or labor grievances) when they get injured or have a health crisis, even when the crisis is of their own doing.

6. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    August 5, 2008 10:54 am

Am I’m the only one who thinks that if you’re going to make Casey pedal a bike outside, you should make him ride a real bike?

Yeah, I’m probably the only one.

7. missedgehead
    August 5, 2008 10:57 am

I like Tomlin’s cracking down and showing even a veteran like Casey who the boss. No more Camp Cowher where he kind of let the inmates run the asylum. My question is though: what is with the groin injuries?

8. retiredguy
    August 5, 2008 11:23 am

There is no excuse for a professional athelete to be in that condition. Unless he is a sumo wrestler. Think about it. The only thing they have to do in the off season is work out.

9. toni
    August 5, 2008 11:24 am

Cici Donna needs to keep his butt on the bike and I applaud Tomlin’s decision. Cici’s a vet and the extra time spent on conditioning him isn’t going to hurt his play or lack of it as much as it would a green rookie. And Cici’s response to a reporter is that he hopes the conditioning lasts until training camp is over.

Bet Cici dosen’t say that now. He’s FORTY pounds overweight. That can kill you in this heat wearing pads and practicing. This isn’t camp Cowher where Bill allowed another player to substitute for Cici’s laps.

And it sends a VERY big message to Cici and the team that if your taking the money you better come in shape to camp. It is a disservice to team and fans, but more importantly, Cici is doing a disservice to his own health and welfare.

Bravo Tomlin!

10. Bram R
    August 5, 2008 11:51 am

He’s outside, in a field, on a sunny day, and Coach is making him ride a STATIONARY BIKE? Hysterical! PWNAGE! Motivation through media mortification! I think Tomlin should make Hampton wear a big, yellow helmet while he’s at it. Then he should get a job working for Curves over the offseason.

11. Me
    August 5, 2008 12:08 pm

Missedgehead,

I was also thinking the same thing about all the groin injuries. Are they not stretching properly???

12. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 5, 2008 12:41 pm

@Toni — Cici is forty pounds over his listed playing weight (325), which is above and beyond a healthy weight for his height and bone structure to begin with. He’s likely at least (and I’m being generous) 100 pounds overweight. He probably suffers from hypertension, is at serious risk of diabetes and not to mention the stress and pressure on his bones and joints. He’s still young and can greatly improve his future health by taking action today. It would be a different story if all of that extra weight was muscle, but it’s not.

13. windy city steel city
    August 5, 2008 1:29 pm

re #2> Was back in Chicago this weekend and had a chance to see The Succos play in the venerated Wrigley Field. Another come from ahead loss. Nice place to watch a ball game though.

Hey PG> I went to game with a buddy from the Burgh who is dating a fair lass from Minnesota. She is still lamenting the loss of “Dougie Poo” MientienkiwcZ. I have photos for you, Holla back and I will send them along.

14. Thee Dude
    August 5, 2008 1:53 pm

Why is Cici pedaling in the heat? I am no trainer, but shouldn’t he be in air-conditioning so he can keep hydrated and maximize his workout?

15. Susan
    August 5, 2008 2:27 pm

Plum collins??

16. Puma
    August 5, 2008 2:44 pm

I also saw “Wedding Crashers” this weekend, it definitely loses something on TV. Vince Vaughn’s repeated screaming of “Cheese ‘n Rice” in certain parts was funny, in that they were really “Jesus Christ!!!” moments.

And yes, as soon as I saw David Conrad, I did think of PittGirl.

17. PittGirl
    August 5, 2008 3:01 pm

Windy City,

Holla!

pittblogger [at] hotmail [dot] com

18. NY Luvs Pitts
    August 5, 2008 3:30 pm

7. The way they got him out in the heat peddling makes me feel bad for him. Couldn’t they find a shaded spot under a tree. They got him right out in the sun. And are those two guys trainers or enforcers? I wonder how long they had him out there.

19. retiredguy
    August 5, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey, the rest of the team is out in the heat. That’s where tubogoo’s bicycle belongs.

20. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 5, 2008 5:13 pm

I talked to one of the monks at St. Vincent (went to college there) and he said that Casey was doing a period of reps at a constant speed and then had to do a sustained higher speed for one minute intervals. There is absolutely no shade on the practice fields at St. Vincent. In previous training camps there used to be a couple of tented-areas. The guys are part of the training staff and if you check out the cup holders, both contain waterbottles. Also, about five-ten feet from the bike, there’s likely benches, misting fans and other things. The players are constantly watched for signs of heat stroke/exhaustion.

Don’t feel sorry for Casey. He put himself in that position.

21. Tony
    August 5, 2008 5:54 pm

Regarding the hurricane names, Diggory is a great name. I also think they should call one Rapunzel. These hurricanes would get much better press if they could be called something a little more light-hearted.

22. NorthSide15212
    August 6, 2008 6:16 am

Chillax, all yinz. Word on the street is that Yum-Yum gained all this weight on purpose so that his agent could work out an endorsement deal with NutriSystem, a la Dan Marino/Mike Golic/Don Shula; there is a purpose to all of this madness.

23. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 6, 2008 7:31 am

Im thinking Cici should ride a bike like PeeWee Herman did in PeeWees Big Adventure….complete with flag and bell….but thats just me

He could carry pads…deliver water, get a paper route, whatever