I’m only worried about your health.

Dear Carla, Joanna, and Sergio:

What giant balls you have to feed pigeons like this in broad daylight while a Trib staffer takes your photo.

You knew I would see this. And I am aghast.

Maybe they don’t teach you this at the Western School of Health and Business Careers, but pigeons can pass on the Ebola virus with one simple peck in your palm.

True story.

Don’t come crying to me when you start bleeding from your eyeballs.

Yours,

PittGirl

(h/t Paul)

1. SK
    August 6, 2008 9:17 am

I hope they are all in school for business and not the health part. Who doesn’t know pigeons are nasty, unhealthy, disease ridden rodents?? Who freaking stops and feeds pigeons anyway…and why, why even do that for christ’s sake.

2. dwight
    August 6, 2008 9:45 am

If there is only one reason not to see the destruction of the pigeon race, it is because it gives PG fodder which, in turn, makes me laugh. And really, that is all that matters.

3. Monty
    August 6, 2008 9:48 am

Are we sure they’re feeding them? Looks like they’re offering up their veins. Giant balls indeed.

4. Thee Dude
    August 6, 2008 10:14 am

There is a song you may be interested in on this CD, Disc 1, track 13

5. Is it only Wednesday?
    August 6, 2008 10:23 am

This morning I sat at my computer, with my back to the window – a fluttering shadow – a resounding “THWACK!” – and a very stunned and confused pigeon sitting on the window ledge. At least I think it was stunned and confused – with pigeons it’s so very hard to tell.

And of course my very first thought is “i gotta tell pittgirl about this!”

6. Alison
    August 6, 2008 10:32 am

another pigeon story for pitt girl.
    i’ve been meaning to tell you about this for over a week.
    I work in the housing dept. of Pitt (summer job, i’m still a student). while i was sitting in the garage beneath the towers i was watching this pigeon try (and fail) to fly. who knows why the thing couldn’t fly. anyways, as a truck was pulling in i was distracted for a minute and walked away. but i heard this horrible little spqueaking noise and when i came back… the pigeon was now a pigeon pancake.

7. Alison
    August 6, 2008 10:53 am

I apparently cannot type. Squeaking. Not spqueaking. fail. epic.

8. Sooska
    August 6, 2008 11:44 am

PittGirl- or her minions -must immediately call this school and demand that these people be placed on a watch list (like a Megan’s list or a terrorist list) so we can be alerted when and where these people graduate and get jobs in their “health-related” field so we can avoid them – like the plague. Let’s hope they move to Filthadelphia.

9. dd
    August 6, 2008 2:47 pm

We had pigeons nesting in our chimney and shitting down the (unused) fireplace into our bedroom. Yeah, nasty! We had Critter Control install a wire mesh around the chimney top, and it’s great watching the damn birds try to fly back in and bonk into the mesh. I also use a Super Soaker to scare them away.

Anyways, the Critter Control dude told us that we could probably get our pigeon-feeding neighbor cited by the county health department for “attracting a nuisance” or some such. So, assuming it’s actually illegal, shouldn’t there at least be signs in Mellon Square and elsewhere telling idiots not to feed the birds?

10. Steeler_tom
    August 6, 2008 3:51 pm

Warning! (I’m gonna sound like a nerd here)
    Feeding birds is actually a violation of the migratory bird treaty act.

Feeding them is actually considered Harassing them.

Quick somebody have those people arrested!

Lol

11. retiredguy
    August 6, 2008 3:55 pm

As soon as I opened the paper today I thought, PittGirl is gonna shit.

12. MH
    August 6, 2008 4:27 pm

“Anyways, the Critter Control dude told us that we could probably get our pigeon-feeding neighbor cited by the county health department for “attracting a nuisance” or some such.”

Seriously. Thanks dd. I’ve got my own issues with pigeons and neighbors.

13. pidgeonhater
    September 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Have you seen the frickin pidgeons that live in the parking garages? They are mythical creatures that are fat and scary. I love that you kick pidgeons. I am too damn scared to get that close.