- August 7, 2008
- filed under Downtown happenings, Local media, Mayor Ravenstahl, Mike Tomlin, Steelers
1. Tonight. Me. Bryan Adams. Squeeee! Anyone else going to the concert? Anyone? Anyone? Zober?
2. Scary Naked Bleeding Man has earned Ross Guidotti a Mid-Atlantic Emmy nomination for his “Naked Man Running” story. Gosh. If he wins, I hope they print the name of the story right on his Emmy.
3. Let’s check in today with Baby Cici Donna:
But not as fat as I expected him to be. I see some muscle definition there, coach.
Also, I don’t need to tell you what Coach Tomlin is really thinking in that photo right there do I? It rhymes with rom-rom-rom.
4. URA development dude Pat Ford has been cleared of wrongdoing and wants to come back to work after having taken almost $35,000 in paid leave for doing no work at all.
“If there was no wrongdoing found from the ethics commission, then obviously we’ll take that into consideration and move forward,” Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said.
And, Burghers, you’ll need that drink because get a load of this:
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said he was “encouraged” by the lawyer’s claims, but that neither he nor the URA could act on reinstating the development chief until they receive formal word from the commission. That may be soon, or it may be when the commission meets in the fall.
THE FALL?! This means that Pat Ford could conceivably be on paid leave for several more months?
5. The Boardwalk is rollin’ on the river. Buh-bye.
6. Reader Emily wrote:
My mom and I are watching that Sunday night KDKA sports show and Jory Rand, the new KDKA newscaster is on, and she instantly thinks that this Jory should be one of your self-united husbands. I did some Google Imaging and I’m not sure how I feel. He’s no Dan, David, Matt, or even Doug, but I just thought you should know your fans are looking out for the well-being of your potential marriages.
You know what? There’s just no THERE there for me. I think it’s the eyebrows (says Ken Rice).