A night to remember.

Finally, something or someone lived up to my ridiculously high expectations. Bryan Adams in concert on acoustic guitar.

• Was he passionate about his music? Check.
  • Did he act like he wanted to be there? Check.
  • Audience participation? Check.
  • Funny stories? Check.
  • Voice in perfect condition? Check.
  • Smile for the cameras? Check.
  • Looked hot? Check!
  • Tell the stupid trailer yinzers in the front to quit fighting over seats which forced him to restart Summer of 69? Check!
  • Bring out his guitarist Keith Scott for the encore? CHECK!
  • Tell that stupid screaming blond bitch to sit the hell down so the people behind her could see? Check!

A brilliant night, and honestly, I can’t remember the last time I sat for two straight hours with a smile on my face the entire time. Even when I had lunch with David Conrad, there were points in the conversation where I had to force myself to be serious and nod my head in agreement with whatever deep things he was saying even though inside I was all OhMyGodOhMyGodSQUEEE!OhMyGod.

In honor of Tina Fey’s birthday, I called her during three of her favorite songs so that she could listen in. i believe it was during Heaven that she texted, “Taking my bra off now.”  Which made me laugh out loud.  Which garnered me some looks.  Which, shut up.  It’s my sissy.

I forgot to bring my camera in, but Saucy was there with me and happily obliged.

First, she wanted you to see the boobies in the Byham which are just plastered all over the ceiling.

Nice. I don’t ever want to hear you boys complain I don’t paste gratuitous shots for you. Look, there’s like 20 boobies right there. God.

Then she wanted you to see Bryan from dead center.

Then she wanted you to see Bryan and Keith during the encore. Please note that the Yinzers in the crowd rushed the stage hoping for an autograph.  It would have been Jumanji if someone yelled fire.

She also took the time to circle one of the crazy people in the audience that was fighting over seats.

After the show, I took her for a drink at Krobar in the Strip. My first time ever being there, and boy did Saucy get all excited by this sign on the door to Krobar:

Free spankings! In the Naughty Class!

I don’t know about you, but whenever I say any sentence that includes the word “naughty,” I say it in a British accent.

Also, I bet Skippy Skeeve teaches the Naughty Class. I mean, doesn’t he have a Ph.D. in Naughty with a Master’s Degree in Sluts?

1. Mrs Pitsberger
    August 8, 2008 10:01 am

PG, I’m so jealous. I WUV Bryan Adams. Also, I guess it’s Skippy Skeeve’s PhD/Master’s that qualifies him to do PSAs regarding still born babies. Either that or the fact that he has the mental capacity of a still born baby. Not sure which.

2. Marcy
    August 8, 2008 10:22 am

So glad you had fun! The pic of the Byham ceiling reminded me of a Patty Griffin (she has a huge gay fan base, jic you aren’t familiar with her) concert I saw there a few years ago…I commented to my friend “those chicks up there (referring to the paintings on the ceiling) kind of look like dudes” and the man in front of me (who had been canoodling with his boyfriend so it’s not like he was gay-bashing) turned around and, laughing, said, “a lot of the chicks in here look like dudes!” Telling him I was referring to the frescos prompted some embarassed laughter on all of our parts. :o)

3. uncalled for
    August 8, 2008 10:50 am

that was really lame Mrs. Pitsberger. seriously.

4. lauren_hbg
    August 8, 2008 11:02 am

I’m with you on the British accent while saying “naughty” – I think it’s because I’m addicted to SuperNanny on ABC, and that crazy British lady, Jo Frost, always has someone hanging out in the “naughty corner” or sitting on the “naughty step.”

5. Magnus Patris
    August 8, 2008 11:35 am

Isn’t “stupid screaming blond bitch” double redundant? Maybe triple redundant? Why do people rush the stage? Do they think Bryan is going to be their BFF if they get close to him? I don’t get the whole wanting an autograph thing. I have asked exactly one person for his autograph; Gordie Howe; who was the Civic Area back in the early 80’s. He made me feel like an asshole for bothering him (I probably was an 18 year old asshole for bothering him). First and last autograph I will ever ask for. But, if Pat Benatar wanted to take a picture with me, well, that’s a different story. Glad you liked the show!

August 8, 2008 11:59 am

PG — thanks to you and saucy for the ceiling shot.

but — that just won’t cut it.

not.
    even.
    close.

glad that you had a good time.

and, I may just have to check out this place krobar of which you speak. I’ve been a bad little “NOT’tee!” unsatisfied indeed….

7. Thee Dude
    August 8, 2008 11:59 am

Magnus, I don’t ask for autographs either. I was hanging out with a B-list band that said when they come to the ‘Burgh they don’t give them out. This is due Yinzers posting more e-bay ads than any other city in the US.

I was hanging out in a dark alley in my car with an A-list actress chatting and she said that while she loves her fans, she has to keep her distance because every one of their “moments” add up to all of her moments.

Therefore, I do not ask for them out of respect. I feel they did their job of entertaining me, I paid them for it. They are not obligated to do any more.

8. Nerdlinger
    August 8, 2008 12:20 pm

Gotta go with unsatisfied. Byham boobies != PG boobies. It’d be like one of us menfolk posting cheesecake shot after cheesecake shot, the womenfolk asking for a single view of the manfolk’s (presumably) luscious bod, and the manfolk responding by posting a picture of some Michelangelo mural with rugged Biblical he-men.

It must be said again:

not.
    even.
    close.

9. chrys
    August 8, 2008 12:26 pm

I love Bryan Adams.. I do believe there was a time that I had a poster of him on my wall as a teen. Nothing like hearing the song “Heaven” and being transported back to freshman year of high school. hmmm…

Anyway, I am glad you had a great time.. I am pretty excited as my wonderful hubby is taking me to see Neil Diamond on the 18th.. I know he’s not Bryan Adams ~swoon~, but he still rocks.. :)

10. Julie
    August 8, 2008 1:02 pm

Unsatisfied, you’ll be happy to know that my boyfriend and I decided that next week is Boob Appreciation Week. So show your gratitude. Oh, and for rules: please focus your appreciation on natural boobs only. Whoever can appreciate boobs the most gets a prize at the end of the week… a prize TBD.

Our idea (who am I kidding, my idea!) for Boob Appreciation Week actually stemmed from my grandma having just had surgery to remove breast cancer, and I know there’s a whole month dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness, but we figured why not spread the love around a little more? PG, feel free to pass the word along to your readers. :)

11. Nerdlinger
    August 8, 2008 5:40 pm

Julie, your efforts are greatly appreciated and your cause is noble. To further the cause, visit http://www.savethetatas.com/. No kiddin’.

12. Sarah
    August 8, 2008 6:34 pm

I took my 5yo daughter to see Steve Earle at the Byham and all she could say is, “mom, why are there boob-boobs on the ceiling”? Thankfully it got dark and she fell asleep. She also tells me everyday that her boob-boobs are getting bigger…

13. Maria
    August 8, 2008 10:34 pm

I will so be celebrating Boob Appreciation Week. My sister beat breast cancer a year ago and I use every opportunity I get to raise tata awareness.

I was watching the Steelers game with my family and referred to Jeff Reed as “Skippy Skeeve.” It caught on. Then my mom checked out the Burgh Blog…PittGirl, I’m sorry to say that my mother thinks you’re “a tad bit vulgar.” Don’t let it get to you, though, my mother also said she will not cheer for Miroslav Satan because his last name makes her uncomfortable. Score one for conservatism.

14. neill
    August 9, 2008 12:23 am

i can’t believe he told you to sit down. how embarassing. :)

15. retiredguy
    August 9, 2008 7:22 am

Who?

16. Bob
    August 9, 2008 10:10 am

In today’s Seen tab in the PG, we have visual proof that LaMont Jones is circumsized. The horror….

17. Ravishing Rick
    August 10, 2008 12:42 pm

??

August 11, 2008 8:24 am

julie and maria — we need more women like you. :-)

I’m all on board of “boob appreciation week” — just ask my better half. everybody wins!

19. Krista
    August 11, 2008 11:57 pm

The guy circled was wearing a hearing aid because he is mentally challenged. I had to correct Bryan on making fun of him but the trash sitting on the side (stuck in the ’80s) were classic. Bryan told me the audience was full of “basket cases” which I found accurate.