Pee Wee’s Playhouse

Go here. Watch this video of City Council and the fight that happened yesterday during which Doug Shields’ behavior made Barbara Trant go into the mayor’s office to cry, and then he ordered a bailiff to make her return to the room … which rightly she didn’t so. And then Jim Motznik chimes in.

I don’t know what you see in the video, but what I see is:

Child Number 1 AKA Jim Motznik: My mother and your mother were hanging up clothes and my mother punched your mother right in the nose.

Child Number 2 AKA Doug Shields: Uh-uh. You’re a lying liarface!

Child Number 1: Oh, yeah? I’m rubber and you’re glue. Bounce. Stick.

Child number 2: You smell like butt.

Child Number 1: So does your mother!

Child Number 2: Real mature, Mr. Poopy Pants.

Child Number 1: I know you are, but what am I? Also, Pee Wee Herman called. He wants his face back.

God help us, because these are the people running our city.

They’re the next Annoying Burghers and their crowns are in the mail, and by “crowns” I mean two copies of “All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned In Kindergarten.”

1. Magnus Patris
    August 14, 2008 11:19 am

Civilization is doomed. So long and thanks for all the fish!

2. SK
    August 14, 2008 11:40 am

Is there anybody that has anything to do with running this city in any type of capacity that is doing a decent job? That isn’t stupid, or crazy or an angry freak? This is not sarcasm folks, I’m serious, I want to know who the good guy/lady is out there.

3. Thee Dude
    August 14, 2008 11:50 am

In a written statement, Ravenstahl said, “The residents of Pittsburgh expect and deserve a civil, professional and respectful city government that gets things done. I encourage council to rise above (a.k.a. move forward from) the type of conduct displayed during today’s council meeting and to work together proactively (and move forward) on behalf of the residents and neighborhoods we love and serve.”

Can we please have a special drink for this one? You KNOW that was what he was saying in his brain!

4. Bram R
    August 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Ouch! That title has “stick forever” written all over it…

5. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 14, 2008 12:06 pm

Oh for the love of everything good and holy…

This town needs an enema

6. TeacherMomma
    August 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Once upon a time I was a committeewoman on the Erie County Democratic Party. I have never in my whole life seen grown adults behave like that; the lack of civility is ridiculous. My third graders had more respect for each other than these people, and I do mean that literally. This does not surprise me in the least.

Maybe we could have a class of third-graders come in and do some sensitivity training?

7. Spud's dad
    August 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Sadly, this video is almost enough to make me respect Congress. Dougie-doo, if you “know” she and the Ravenettes are lying, where’s your evidence? But he stands by his statements that she’s lying, and he can prove it by saying she’s lying.

BTW, Dougie, take down the picture of MLK Jr. that you cleverly propped up on the books behind you before the cameras came into your office. You are to MLK what Doogie Howser is to Albert Schweitzer.

And these morons plus Danny-O (no offense to Dan (not Onorato)) want to consolidate the city and the county. Why in gawd’s name would any municipality in the county want to entangle themselves in this kind of BS?

PG, I suggest we corral a bunch of pigeons and release them in council chamber in the midst of the next meeting. It can be the official kickoff of the CAB party.

8. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 14, 2008 1:20 pm

none taken….well put

9. Julie
    August 14, 2008 1:42 pm

I never thought children would be running the city, but here we are.

10. Mark
    August 14, 2008 1:45 pm

I think the kids would run it better. Can we get the producers from “Kid Nation” on the phone?

August 14, 2008 1:51 pm

if only there were someone to pull the race card — or, moon someone…..

12. Sean
    August 14, 2008 3:13 pm

God help us, because these are the people running our city.

Fortunately, I think this isn’t the case. Sure, they’re the elected officials – but luckily we have thousands of talented, hardworking people in the area who are actually running the city while these clowns are parading around with their meetings & injunction & decrees.

13. LaReina
    August 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I noticed the MLKJr. photo, too, and laughed out loud. He may as well have Scotch-taped it to his forehead.

14. Maria
    August 14, 2008 6:01 pm

Today is obviously Bitch Fight Day at the Burgh Blog. While watching the video in the previous post of Shanara Reid, it made me ashamed to say that some of the $15,000 I borrowed to go to Pitt this year is going to her. And after watching the video of city council, I’m wondering if people really ever grow up.

That being said, I’m glad I’m 21 years old and more mature than all of these people combined.

15. TBD
    August 14, 2008 6:13 pm

When will the peeps from the City O’Picksburgh ever get a clue and through all of these self serving career politico idiots out on the arses. Heck ditto that for the state and fed ones as well.

16. Eric W
    August 15, 2008 8:44 am

This is why single-party rule is a baaaad idea. Competition is good for the consumer (voter).