- August 15, 2008
- filed under Dan Onorato, Downtown happenings, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Random, Weird Burghers
1. I spent 43 minutes with WiiSteve last night and when he first popped on the screen to walk me through the Tree pose in Yoga, which, IMMEDIATE TOE CRAMP, he was rubbing his neck and actually said, “Man. I’m tired. I think I stayed up too late last night.”
Steve. Such a party animal.
Also, Steve told me I have “incredible abdominal strength.”
Flattery will get you everywhere with me, Steve.
I earned enough fit credits to unlock Rhythmic Boxing and HELLO! my newest addiction.
Also, last night, Pens Fan came over to try the Wii Fit for the first time. Fitty told her she is underweight a smidgen at 101 pounds and that to achieve an ideal BMI, she should gain five pounds.
So Pens Fan set a goal to lose three pounds.
Fitty was like, “WTF?”
Also, if I posted video of Pens Fan trying to do the Basic Step, which is a step class set to music … immediate international YouTube sensation. It was that funny.
2. MiamiShyner wrote:
So, it’s been a good nearly 10 years since I’ve been back to the Burgh and the name of this food has slipped my mind. For the most part, it’s just cabbage rolls. You know, with the rice and meat inside and tomato sauce on top. I was thinking halushki, but I looked it up and that’s cabbage and noodles. I know that we called them pigs in a blanket, but I thought they had another name as well. Since you’re still there and have the ear of the masses, I thought you might be able to lend a girl a hand. :-)
Well, my mother calls them Stuffed Cabbage.
Any ideas, Burghers?
3. Mario says, “Gotcha!” to Danny O, Lukey and Eddie:
Mario Lemieux says the Penguins never were serious about leaving Pittsburgh. “It wasn’t a possibility,” Lemieux said during a groundbreaking ceremony Thursday for Pittsburgh’s $290 million hockey arena.
“We had to do a few things to put pressure on the city and the state, but our goal was to remain here in Pittsburgh all the way. Those trips to Kansas City and Vegas and other cities was just to go and have a nice dinner, and come back.”
City Councilwoman Tonya Payne, who represents the Hill District, Downtown and the North Shore, said Lemieux’s comments shocked her. “Every indication pointed to that they were serious about moving,” Payne said. “I know that scared the hell out of the governor, the mayor and the county executive. It got them in gear.”
You know. I’m not angry about it. He’s being honest about what he did and his bluff was never called.
Mario did what he needed to do to get the Penguins a new arena. It worked. It’s a game and he played it better. Gold star for him.
4. It looks like the 7-year-old maybe didn’t kill baby Marcia after all. Even though previous reports were that she admitted to it and that she had anger management issues.
So if the seven-year-old didn’t do it and the caregiver passed a lie detector test saying SHE didn’t do it. Who did it?
The bottom of this case needs to be gotten to, because this is starting to reek of shenanigans.
5. Here’s a giant What the Effie for you out of the North Hills. I’m HIV positive and also, are you pregnant by any chance? Have a nice day.
6. Jenny Lee Bakery is closing after 70 years in the Burgh. Huge loss.
7. The Go Fug Yourself girls have the Scroll Down Fug, the Post-Gazette has the scroll-down phallus Popsicle. Scroll down slowly. You’ll know when you get to it. Unless you’ve never seen a penis before. In which case, does your mommy know you read my site?