Random n’at.

1. Today is a beautiful day here in the Burgh. Like one of those days where you stare out your window at the office and wonder how much trouble you would get into if you ran screaming out the door like Calvin all, “This is the only life I’ve got!”

2. An email in my personal, non-PittGirl Facebook inbox from Tina Fey who I tagged in a vacation photo and she decided she looked unattractive and demanded I remove the photo. I ignored her initial request.

Take the photo down immediately or I will post that one of you when you were 12 and had the old lady hair and the glasses.

Whoa. Bitch fights dirty. Photo removed.

Also, don’t bother trying to find my other Facebook. Futile efforts.

3. Jon Delano is holding a roundtable with some local bloggers tonight to discuss their reactions to Obama and the convention. Gosh. I hope there will be mooning.

4. Being a pilot. Ur doing it wrong.

5. I imagine if David Letterman had a Top Ten Ways to Tell if Your Wife Is Batshit Crazy, that number one would be, “She says ‘f&#* you’ in church group.”

My wife is beautiful and very fit. She works hard to stay in shape, and she hates being called “skinny” and she goes overboard when someone calls her that, to the point of annoying and embarrassing me. One example: At a church group someone called her skinny, and she replied, “How would you like it if I said, ‘F%$# you, you are fat’?”

That sounds like a super badass church group.

6. Re: the Sonni Abatta did she or didn’t she discussion. Two different sources, one directly and one indirectly have said Sonni had no work done on her face but did get new hair and makeup. Time and super hi-res close-up side-by-side comparisons will tell.

7. A foodie does Primanti’s and leaves happy, and probably a little bit bloated.

(h/t Spoon)

8. David Conrad turned 41 on August 17 and I totally forgot his birthday. He’s miffed, for sure.

Like the other day, we were watching Doug on TV playing with the Buccos of Suckitude while Daniel was off at his church group (hopefully not the one with the lady that swears, though.) and Matt was off in Australia trying to dig up some stupid dinosaur and I was all, “Wow. That was a nice hit!” and David was like, “Forsooth. Shut your whore mouth.”

I bet he doesn’t get me anything for my birthday next year.

1. Turkey Dev
    August 26, 2008 1:35 pm

I know people love to cite Primanti Bros. as the quintessential Burgh sangawhich and I do like a knockwurst and egg every once and awhile. But I think they pale in comparison to the true P-burgh sugnature sammie: the Turkey Devonshire either from the Union Grill, Durante’s or Minutello’s.

2. pittgirl
    August 26, 2008 1:40 pm

[whisper] I’ve never eaten a Primanti’s sandwich that I really loved. [/whisper]

3. Me
    August 26, 2008 1:48 pm

I heart the double egg and cheese!

4. Jordan
    August 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Primanti’s = overrated. Go ahead, flame me.

5. Monty
    August 26, 2008 1:59 pm

That is whack. Primanti Bros before Hoes.

6. mcsmooth
    August 26, 2008 2:00 pm

I’m a big fan of the Stephanie Watson taco.

7. Maria
    August 26, 2008 2:01 pm

I’ve lived in the Burgh for four years, had Primanti’s mouth, and hated it.

Also, “Forsooth. Shut your whore mouth” made me giggle. I’m going to start using that in daily conversation.

8. Maria
    August 26, 2008 2:03 pm

I don’t know why I typed “mouth” when I meant “once.” Hi, I’m going crazy.

9. ark
    August 26, 2008 2:05 pm

Primanti’s is disgusting. Has anyone ever bought a sandwich there and let it sit for a little bit? It turns into a congealed lump of lard.

mcsmooth, you’re sick.

10. Nel
    August 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Turkey Dev,
    I think the turkey devonshire is the Primanti’s of a different generation.

Turkey Devonshire is pure Pittsburgh. Invented at the Park Schenley I think. I used to get them at Stouffer’s.(Which was were Durante’s is now)

Union Grill’s are good. Never had one from Minutello’s. I guess I know where I’m going to dinner tonight.

The only good sandwiches from Primanti’s are the ones you don’t remember eating. At 3am anything is the best ever.

11. joey
    August 26, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: #4: Talk about karma kicking your ass.

And what’s with the hate on Primantis? I mean, you know what you are going there for…to get a Frankenstein of a sandwich. Ain’t like you are going there for a 5-star meal.

12. Chuck
    August 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Whats “Old Lady Hair” ?

13. Still A. Fan
    August 26, 2008 3:41 pm

“forsooth, shut your whore mouth”

luckily i wasnt drinking a diet coke when i read that, because that shit will burn your nose.

same thing out here near philly…..everyone talks about how gino’s cheesesteaks are better than Pat’s. however, i’ve had them both, and i’m not a fan of either. yet, when people come here, they are told they have to get one from there. in my 17 years here, i’m a fan of Ted’s in conshohocken.

14. Eric W
    August 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Primanti’s blows.

15. pittgirl
    August 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Chuck, old lady hair. Too short and too curly.

I guess maybe more Little Orphan Annie hair, except brown.

Highly unattractive.

16. Lump
    August 26, 2008 6:21 pm

I’ll eat a Primanti’s sammich every now and again, but it’s hardly a regular thing. I have a good Primanti’s story, though. A friend and I went to lunch at the Market Sq. branch. Friend ordered a sandwich with bacon and egg. She bit into the sandwich and immediately yelled, “Aaah! Aaah! The bacon! It’s cutting my upper palate! It’s like a salty knife!” The countergirl was still there and gave her The Look that they give you when you ask to have the fries, slaw, or tomato left off.

“Like a salty knife.” Pure Primanti’s poetry.

17. Alison
    August 27, 2008 8:58 am

best time (only time) for pirmantis is drunk time.
    i dont even get a sammich then. carson street fries, no chilli. my buddies at the oakland pirmantis usually dont scowl at me too much.

18. TheJim
    August 27, 2008 9:19 am

One time, I was on Facebook and I saw Pittgirl and she saw me and she knew I knew it was her. The End.

19. Burgh Baby
    August 27, 2008 9:56 am

The key to a perfect Primanti’s sandwich is to order it without tomatoes and slaw. Mushy stuff should never touch my eggs and cheese.

August 27, 2008 2:17 pm

primanti’s — mmmmmm. had me some of that last night and it was goooooood.

btw — jon delano: most. annoying. voice. ever.

21. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    August 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Funny. I always order Primanti’s with no tomatos and often order with no slaw and I don’t recall ever getting The Look.

22. Mitch Cumstein
    August 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Primanti’s is sooooo overrated and I hate how that’s the place everyone from out of town has to go. Gimme a Sammy’s corned beef or Uncle Sam’s in Oakland.

I say good hunky food is quinessential Pgh food. There should be a restaurant (there isn’t is there?) that only serves dishes like glumpki and haluski, etc. and McCain, Obama and all other VIPs should be required to go there.

23. Christina
    August 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Bloomfield Bridge Tavern has an extensive menu of Polish food, and it’s delicious.

I agree with you, I am tired of the overrated Primanti’s. I think it’s disgusting. It looks like a giant pile of slop. I doubt even my dog would eat it. (Wait, yeah he would. He eats cat vomit.)

24. InSewickley
    August 27, 2008 3:29 pm

How do you not like Primanti’s? That’s so unPittsburgh.

boo.

25. Mitch Cumstein
    August 27, 2008 7:16 pm

I’m all over the bloomfield bridge tavern.

August 27, 2008 10:52 pm

hey — there’s nothing wrong with BBT, uncle sam’s or sammy’s. but, what the hell’s wrong with primanti’s?

nothing.

but, hey, you like what you like….

as for primanti’s — I distinctly remember mccain going to the original one in the strip a few months ago and saying that what he knew about primanti’s was that they had the “best burgers in town.”

if he didn’t fire his advance man before that, he should….