Pat Ford does the right thing. Kinda.

Pat Ford resigned from his position as URA boss with what the PG calls a “strongly worded letter.” His resignation is effective at the end of this year, thus ensuring he will get paid to do absolutely nothing 8 of the 12 months of 2008.

This man is evilgenius.

Some things he is not so genius about:

1. NEVER resign your position with a letter detailing why you resigned and never insult your boss while you’re doing it. Paper trail = bad news when you’re hunting for a new job. You just say, hey, I quit. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you, but I feel my talents would be better used elsewhere. Good luck, bitches. THEN go home and poke pins into the eyes of your Luke Ravenstahl voodoo doll.

I believed that by working together we could have a positive impact on this city, embracing all that it has to offer. But that vision never materialized, and as I have always said, ‘Where there is no vision, people perish.’ I have no desire to perish along with Luke Ravenstahl’s Pittsburgh.

2. Please do not quote the Bible and claim it as your own. I refer you to Proverbs 29:18 which states, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.”

“To this day, my wife and I are being persecuted with no support from the administration I served, for no real reason whatsoever,”

3. Please do not play the martyr and expect us to feel sorry for you because first, you’ve been paid since April and second, dude, you nailed yourself to that cross with your own actions and the actions of your wife.

You’re not Jesus. We don’t feel sorry for you.

Now, if you’re disappointed with your political party, can I suggest you join the Choke-A-Bitchocratic party? Here’s the deal though — We don’t take no shit, so you’ll need to stop being shady, stop being an Annoying Burgher, stop being a martyr, stop being a cigar-smoking, power suit-wearing, egomaniacal faker and start being real.

Think about it.

1. Brian
    August 27, 2008 9:06 am

It’s really difficult to even comment on this when you don’t believe anyone involved. They’re all scum, this town may burn yet, and the majority of people involved in the city “government” will own a share of the blame.

2. Lily
    August 27, 2008 9:16 am

“you’ll need to stop being shady”

heh.

3. Anon
    August 27, 2008 9:22 am

There has GOT to be a lot more behind this story. PF certainly has a role in this, but I hope that the lid gets blown off of this city and the corruption exposed. The “Mayor” is on Marty Griffin’s radio show right now and gave the expected I-haven’t-seen-the-letter-and-I-am-disappointed response. What a leader. Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes down, too.

4. Good Chad
    August 27, 2008 9:23 am

I believe that this situation could have been avoided if Pat Ford and Luke Ravenstahl were white.

5. Sooska
    August 27, 2008 9:24 am

You can bet someone even shadier will hire him as a, oh let’s see, hmmm, yeah, yeah that’s it, a lobbyist, at the state or federal level and they’ll all set up Lady McFord as one, too.

6. Erin Ravenstahl
    August 27, 2008 9:30 am

Anon — FYI, you are wrong, he does not.

7. lostinpgh
    August 27, 2008 9:36 am

This was my favorite line of the article “Over the past two years I have told myself that I was a ‘good soldier…'” I didn’t know you can compare working for city government to war. Oh Wait I forgot this is City of Pittsburgh government. My bad.

8. Stephanique1
    August 27, 2008 10:03 am

I’m suspecting his crown is in the mail?

9. Bram R
    August 27, 2008 10:04 am

DUDE, HE PLAGIARIZED THE BIBLE?? “Pleased to meet you … hope you guess my name! Woo woo!”

August 27, 2008 10:04 am

man, what a dick.

11. gunnlino
    August 27, 2008 10:38 am

All in perspective, this is one short chapter in the never ending saga that is Western PA politics. Stuff like this and far more criminal, let alone unethical, has been going on since forever.
    The Boy Mayor is not going to change anything and neither is anyone else, until they get caught too.
    So all you voters live with it.

12. Christina
    August 27, 2008 10:46 am

I almost spit my drink out at the Erin Ravenstahl comment. Nice work.

13. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 27, 2008 10:49 am

Like Ive said a 100 times before…to quote Jack Nicholson as the Joker

“This town needs an enema”

Now where is that hose?

Same old Pgh politics….same old results

14. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 27, 2008 10:54 am

hey gotta give props tho…Pat is waiting until the end of the year…

if he was any type of decent human being he would have given the money back to wipe his hands of the entire city

15. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 27, 2008 10:54 am

Does Erin’s comment make sense as it relates to Anon’s comment? “He does not” what? Pat Ford doesn’t have a role in his? He (the mayor) does not go down? (everyone get your minds out of the gutter). Is anyone else confused.

16. Moe the Dog
    August 27, 2008 11:09 am

Anon, that was freakin hilarious.

Bram, take a bow!

17. Lyon Advocate
    August 27, 2008 11:39 am

Remind me again why we are stuck with Lukey as mayor for life? How exactly would Mark DeSantis have been worse than this?

18. Mike Veon
    August 27, 2008 11:40 am

Hire that man, post-haste!

19. Brian
    August 27, 2008 11:47 am

Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl, Erin’s comment makes total sense. And you did understand it, because your second theory is correct. And it is fucking hilarious.

20. Summer
    August 27, 2008 12:32 pm

I went to the Post Office to try and change my political party to Choke-A-Bitchocrat, yet it was not listed as one of the choices. A possible conspiracy?

21. Sooska
    August 27, 2008 12:58 pm

I just read the whole resignation letter Ford wrote. I believe he is practicing to be the next Cyril Wecht.

22. Bram R
    August 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Ha! Now I get “Erin’s” comment. Took a second reading. (@Moe: [complies])

23. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    August 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Ok. Got it. Someone please tell me why I’m still trying get back to the ‘Burgh for good? Here in Oregon you can actually write in “choke-a-bitchocrat” as your party affiliation.

24. Julie
    August 27, 2008 2:13 pm

“Hello Kettle? This is Pot. You’re black.”

25. joey
    August 27, 2008 2:28 pm

The Pirates’ deal with first-round draft pick Pedro Alvarez appeared to be in jeopardy today, with the Pirates issuing a statement saying that Alvarez’s agent, Scott Boras, has said Alvarez will not sign the contract agreed to on Aug. 15.
    ———–

Gawd…the Pirates just ooze suckitude…..

26. Mitch Cumstein
    August 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Erin…one would think you’d be in the know, but he totally does. Maybe not with you, but he does.

27. toni
    August 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Mitch Cumstein said …

I guess it takes a man..one named Cumstein yet…to know.

28. Ed Heath
    August 27, 2008 3:59 pm

As far as I know, Pat Ford was trying to get his job back yesterday. Now he is whining because no one is defending him, and according to Ford Yarone is actively attacking people who defend Pat Ford. I honestly can’t figure this out, it is an act of professional suicide of the most incoherent sort. Pat Ford is complaining about a “culture of deception and corruption”, and how he is being “forced to serve as a scapegoat for the inappropriate affairs and activities of others”. Since Mr. Ford was the executive director of a quasi independent Authority, it is hard to know who he is talking about. When pressed for an example of corruption, the lawyer Fisher mentioned that deal that has been in the papers, where it was discovered that the wining bid for a contract was the highest of three bids, and then the winner wanted to re-bid lower (its like watching keystone cops). But Mr. Ford was the director at that point, he could have over-ruled the first decision or resigned at that time. This resignation is nothing but sour grapes, and also political suicide. If Mr. Ford already has a new job lined up (he is already cleaning out his office), he may go to it to find that they decided they don’t want him.

29. J
    August 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Maybe Ford’s wife is behind this. It seems as stupid a strategy and as unprofessional in language as was her hallmark.

Let’s hope Chelsa Wagner runs for Mayor. Integrity, smarts, vision…could Pittsburgh possibly elect someone so competent?

30. Mitch Cumstein
    August 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Thanks, Toni. It’s been tough growing up with this names and comments like yours don’t make it any easier.

Chelsa Wagner? Since Pgh is only ever going to elect a democrat, it would be nice to at least get some fresh blood every once in a while.

31. LaReina
    August 28, 2008 5:10 pm

No more bald people, seriously.