Rob Owen. It’s on.

I planned to shut up about Sonni Abatta’s nose job or lack thereof because while she is a TV personality choosing to be in the public eye, I figured that I mentioned she looked different and now she deserves to just do her job.

Secondly, whatever changed, she still looks hot and from what I know from people that know her, she is a kind, genuine, funny, wonderful person and I don’t want to give her any stress with this, right?

But then Rob Owen wrote:

Q: What’s up with Sonni Abatta? She looks — different — and I can’t quite place it. I know she was off for a couple of weeks on, ummmm, “vacation” — but something tells me, as the side by side pic shows — that something is “different.”

— Rob, Jefferson Hills

Rob: I feel for Abatta and now know what it must have been like for women to live through the Salem Witch Trials. One person (in this case, Pittgirl) yells “Witch!” (in this case, intimations that led her minions to exclaim, “Nose job!”) and suddenly everybody and his brother is seeing witches (a nose job).

WTF?

First, “minions.”  Awesome.

Second, I’m on a witch hunt?  He’s comparing one side-by-side photo to the SALEM FRICKIN’ WITCH TRIALS!?

People.  No such thing happened.  What happened was I suddenly had a bazillion emails about it and craploads of hits to the site from non-readers Googling Sonni Abatta nose job.  Sonni Abatta appearance.  Sonni Abatta looks different.  Sonni Abatta face.

So I wondered what was up, I investigated and checked out recent video and lo and behold, she did look different!

So I posted about it.

Rob Owen got the order wrong.  I’m not on a witch hunt.  I didn’t yell witch.  I noticed some search activity and email activity and brought it up.  The questions about her appearance were happening before I ever posted on it.

So while he was just a few minutes ago on my good side because he wrote about two of my husbands, he’s back on the dark side and I might sic the Dread Lord on him.  He’s the next Annoying Burgher and his crown is in the mail, and by crown I mean a bitch-slap from Saucy because she is all, “Girl!  I KNOW you gonna let me choke THIS bitch for you!”

And that, my friends, is church.

(h/t lostinpgh)

1. workingmama
    August 29, 2008 8:57 am

I saw his column this morning and immediatley thought – oh saucy is so gonna kick Rob’s @ss (which he totally deserves because sometimes he can be a real jerk in his responses to people!)….

You weren’t on a witch hunt and neither were your minions…we just notice things….but I still think she just was testing out some new hair and makeup. Because since then, she’s looked back to her normal hair and makeup and I don’t think she’s had any work done at all.

2. Maria
    August 29, 2008 9:00 am

You have minions! AWESOME. We should get tee shirts.

3. vince
    August 29, 2008 9:15 am

Are you really upset? I mean that is 75% of your shtick, who is hawt, who is ugly, how people look, you are all over it. It is like jr. high for adults. I think it is funny or I wouldn’t read your blog , but don’t be so sensitve. Oh wait, I hear something, “dude its a joke” comment coming in 5.4.3.2.

4. ark
    August 29, 2008 9:18 am

Bobbie O. rides my bus, I think. Want me to take him down for you?

5. PittGirl
    August 29, 2008 9:23 am

Dude. It’s a joke.

Yeah, he got it wrong, but no, I’m not really upset by it. I mean, please, PittGirl does not equal sensitive unless it comes to sick kids or her husbands.

Oh, yeah, and false cries of censorship. That riles me up gooood.

But to recap, Rob Owen is wrong and PittGirl is right.

6. Summer
    August 29, 2008 9:50 am

So Sensitive Rob chides Insensitive PittGirl for her speculations on Sonni (and trust me, you don’t go into television without knowing damn well your appearance is just as important as your abilities. People who fail the appearance test work at newspapers.)

So Sensitive Rob illustrates how insensitive Pitt Girl is by comparing Pitt Girl saying “Whoa Sonni looks different to me, how ’bout you?” to the Salem Witch Trials, which included the false prosecution, torture and murder of innocent women that had the chutzpah to practice herbal medicine.

Good call, Rob. Good call.

7. lostinpgh
    August 29, 2008 9:58 am

PG You’re welcome.

Maybe he felt offended by PG making fun of LaMont Jones that he just got catty? Ha!

If no one else noticed then why were so many people searching for it, because blog sites tell you how people foudn your site. And sometimes the things people search for when they find your blog is…um…well…just gross.

8. Goob
    August 29, 2008 10:12 am

I thought you were yelling “which”.

It didn’t make sense to me at the time, so I went and ate some yogurt. It was pretty good yogurt, but then I didn’t know if I could recycle the container or not, so I was walking into the kitchen looking at the bottom of the container to try and see what kind of plastic it was when I tripped and fell down the stairs into the basement.

9. gunnlino
    August 29, 2008 10:18 am

( People who fail the appearance test work at newspapers ),

Ouch ! That’s a pretty broad brush.
    I think maybe Lamont deserves that, and maybe Rob.
    But I do know for sure a hawtie who does not.

10. Ravishing Rick
    August 29, 2008 10:59 am

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

11. Sooska
    August 29, 2008 11:33 am

Maria is right- teeshirts. I already own the one “PittGirl says Drink” and now I want one that says “PittGirl says Witch.” …or can there be one that says “I am PittGirl’s minion”?

12. geeves
    August 29, 2008 11:43 am

PittGirl, I have to ask – how does one summon the Dread Lord Zober? Do you say his name 3 times at midnight in front of a mirror?

13. Zsa
    August 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Actually, when I saw those pics side by side, I got mixed up and thought the one pre-alleged nose job was the post-alleged nose job.

Oh and yeah, nice sensitivity there Rob, publishing it in THE REGION’S MOST WIDELY DISTRIBUTED NEWSPAPER where even the old dudes who don’t have the intraweb yet can read about it. I love when people who are trying to “clear things up” are really just bringing up the whole matter again and making it worse for the person in question than if it would just have been allowed to drop.

14. scottie
    August 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Rob Owen is a bitter old closet case. I should know…he was schtupping someone i know.

15. Jess
    August 29, 2008 12:50 pm

The only way to settle this is to weigh her. If she weighs more than a duck, she got a nose job, and can be burned.

16. Summer
    August 29, 2008 12:55 pm

@ gunnlino

I say that tongue-in-cheek. I work for a newspaper, and they’ve got my photo up on their sites. We unattractive people are being more and more marginalized.

17. KDsux
    August 29, 2008 1:19 pm

LISTEN CLEARLY, SONNI DID HAVE A NOSE JOB AND A BROW LIFT. I HAVE INSIDE INFORMATION. SHE LOOKED BETTER BEFORE.

18. Loopy
    August 29, 2008 1:26 pm

Jess, ROTFLMAO (ten minutes later still…)

19. Ravishing Rick
    August 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Nose Job and Brow Lift
    kind of young for all that

20. KDSuxSux
    August 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Care to post that “inside information?” You sound like Marty Griffin.

21. Jimmy Lovesick
    August 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Whatever the cause, the male population of Pittsburgh can relax…the swelling is going down now. Be cool, baby…Be cool.

22. YouRKidding
    August 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Oh please, “inside information”. Yeah, you do sound like that Marty Griffin. Gets old after a while.

Guess what – she DID NOT have any work done. She is not that conceited.

23. InSewickley
    August 29, 2008 5:03 pm

It probably was Marty Griffin.

24. Still A. Fan
    August 30, 2008 5:15 am

Jess, well played, sir

25. retiredguy
    August 30, 2008 7:42 am

Zsa

Hey! I’m an old guy who has the “interwebs”, or as my mother used to call it “e-bay”, and I don’t read the PG. Well, I do get it for the NY Times Crossword and the comics, but I get my news from the Trib.

26. chrys
    August 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Who cares what the moron posts.. he reads your blog and millions more will google and find your blog.. and fall in love with your witt!

Rob Owen is an idiot. He is pompous to the point of blowhard jackass. He likes to think he is in the know, and ever so “hip” I think he noticed it and he wants to let you take the heat for it.. he doesn’t have the balls to comment on potential ” lady procedures”..LOL! Did he ever comment on Sally Wiggin and her potential procedures? hmmm.. he’s an ass!

27. Invisi-Gal
    August 31, 2008 8:59 am

I think Rob Owen has a Will and Grace thingy for Sonni.

28. Ravishing Rick
    August 31, 2008 2:51 pm

And now for something completely different:

29. JV
    September 1, 2008 11:01 am

What you need to learn is Rob Owen is a bitter old queen stuck doing the same job and rehashing the same stories for the past 10 years.

30. medgirl
    September 1, 2008 3:35 pm

i am betting you wish that you had the money that Sonni makes Pitt girl…………………..Get a grip already and worry about something that makes sense.

31. Summer
    September 1, 2008 8:20 pm

Medgirl, how do you know Sonni isn’t PittGirl?

32. Maria
    September 1, 2008 10:32 pm

Summer, medgirl knows Sonni isn’t PittGirl because Ken Rice is PittGirl. Duh.

September 1, 2008 11:08 pm

“People who fail the appearance test work at newspapers.”

Hey! I resemble that remark!

“She turned me into a newt.”

“A newt?”

” … I got better.”

34. Mark
    September 2, 2008 8:32 am

I’m the guy who emailed Rob from Pleasant Hills. Thanks to the other local dish he’s supplied, I thought he would be in the know. Turns out he’s just a a wanker at the Post-Gazette. I didn’t even KNOW about pittgirl until his response to my question.

My question was submitted totally on my own. I noticed a difference right away in her face. Mimicking another comment about the whole situation, I thought it looked like Roethlisberger when he finally recovered from the bike accident.

It’s pretty freaking obvious, and for Rob Owen to lump me in with the “minions” was totally stupid and a poor choice of words from a supposed “writer”.

September 2, 2008 10:46 am

blah blah blah Sonni blah blah blah

Never any love for that cutie Christine Sorenson.

36. Summer
    September 2, 2008 12:17 pm

@ Maria

PittGirl is everywhere and everyone. You will be assimilated.

37. MDTom
    September 3, 2008 11:20 am

BOTOX ANYONE? HER FOREHEAD DOESN’T MOVE EITHER. WTF.

38. MDTom
    September 3, 2008 9:59 pm

JOHN McCAIN RULES!!

39. CriticExtraoordinaire
    September 5, 2008 8:20 pm

Believe me, thousands of Burghers were noticing Sonni’s new Hooker Look well before pittgirl posted about it. How could you miss it, she looked like 10 miles of bad road.

Thank God that Kristine Sorensen has not messed with Mother Nature and is still looking her fine self. :-)

40. LMAO