BURN!

The Menstrual Mom, my goodness I just love that nickname, has posted two new missives to the Fabric Tampons post, in which she writes:

I stumbled upon this teeny-tiny little blog by accident.

TEENY?! Tiny?! Little? Blog.

Oh, snap!

And, ouch.

Today, she has taken issue with readers Sarah and Grist Reader.

Have fun and then come back and read more on my teeny tiny little blog.

1. spoon
    September 4, 2008 11:03 am

I don’t know what all the fuss is about, I love my fabric tampons.

2. TBD
    September 4, 2008 11:08 am

Spoon, New marketing ploy. All Budilleroorsichelobelight sh*t should come with a fabric tampon for anyone stupid enough to consume it.

Seriously though the fabric lady and her minions should be aware that when she puts herself and her choices out there (the original PG article) someone might have something to say about it. And not to take her own self so seriously.

3. chrys
    September 4, 2008 11:33 am

I still think homemade “fabric” tampons are disgusting!! I can’t get the thought of Toxic Shock Syndrome out of my head. Not to mention having to wash them.. yuk.

And your tiny, little blog is awesome. :) It gives me the laughs I need during my hectic afternoons.. thank you. :)

4. Mel
    September 4, 2008 11:35 am

Wow. Who knew a fabric tampon could cause so much controversy? Anyone who doesn’t understand why people would be grossed out by that clearly cannot be reasoned with.

I will also continue taking my chances with the chemicals, and don’t tell me to do my research on it. I already did that when I was bio major/chem minor in college…..with a concentration in microbiology. Staph aureus is nothing to mess around with, especially with the prevalence of MRSA. To each his/her own, but I stand by my choice.

5. Summer
    September 4, 2008 11:38 am

I suggest she stumble off of this teeny tiny blog. She’s not making any converts, just making herself look like a jagoff.

September 4, 2008 11:38 am

Menstrual Mom said:

“Pleaseeeeeeeee!!! go to an American Ostomy Society or even a Pittsburgh branch meeting and then YOU can bring your plate to the table of a REAL discussion about poo.”

can I bring beer? if so, I’m totally there. I’ll just put on one of those $300 diapers and go ta town!

I’m wondering, though — with all of that sewing she does to save the environment — how does she find time to write mile-long posts on this here teeny, tiny little blog?

MM is rockin’ my world!

7. Mrs Pitsberger
    September 4, 2008 12:02 pm

This issue is turning into Roe v. Wade. You have the right to use your cloth menstrual products and we have the right to make fun of you for it. God bless America!!

8. Sarah
    September 4, 2008 12:24 pm

Meh. Her chemistry background appears as solid as her French.

9. joey
    September 4, 2008 12:34 pm

LOL @ Sarah.

Menstrual Mom needs a life….or perhaps she just enjoys the attention?

$300 cloth diapers at auction?…good grief….

10. Burgh Baby
    September 4, 2008 2:32 pm

That’s odd. On my computer monitor The Burgh Blog is exactly the same size as every single other blog on the Internet. Hrm. Maybe I need a new monitor.

11. Monty
    September 4, 2008 2:35 pm

Fabric tampons are like imports.

12. Nel
    September 4, 2008 3:52 pm

Pitt Girl,
    Just how many hits have you had on this teeny, tiny little blog.
    I’m guessing mens mom should do a little more of that there research she’s been bragging about.

13. Sticks and stones, but they'd probably hurt *there*
    September 4, 2008 4:01 pm

I think Mrs. Pitsberger nailed it.

Look, lots of people do things outside “the norm,” be that hobbies, fashion, ideologies, what the hell ever. You can cry about how you’re being persecuted, you can sneer down your nose at the mere mortals who dare to be not like you, or you can get over yourself and get on with your life in whatever manner you please.

Who CARES what people say about you. People can say what they want, and if your ego isn’t a house of cards, it won’t matter. One side has fun, the other side doesn’t give a damn, everybody wins. Try it.

14. scottie
    September 4, 2008 4:14 pm

maybe she’s just testy because she’s got a bad case of boll weevils…

15. BACwife
    September 4, 2008 7:21 pm

Well folks, time for me to resume life as it is.

The ostomy comments were intended to bring a reality to the table about bigger subjects attached to your fun.
    No offense intended directly to any fellow ostimate’s.

votre droite — mon Français est pauvre.

au revoir !

16. cmc
    September 4, 2008 8:05 pm

People, she doesn’t make fabric tampons! the article is very clear that it is someone else who does, her responses make it clear that she doesn’t. WHY persist in carrying on about her making fabric tampons when she in fact does not?!

17. Fonda Bruises
    September 5, 2008 6:22 am

Teeny Tiny Blog. Hilarious!

Menstral Mom. Best. Name. Ever.

Chemicals are everywhere. Everthing is made up of a chemical. The biggest chemical we are exposed to is water.

Even though the MM doesn’t make, use, endorse crocheted tampons, that is the part of the story, wich I believe the original article, online, had a link for a store that sold these. I, personally, am busy crocheting purple, glittery tampons for my small Christmas tree in the salon. This year, it’s going to be “pick your tampon from the tree!” It’s going to be fabulous!

We laughed in the salon for two weeks over this the first time!!

18. Heidi
    September 5, 2008 9:13 am

Question for you, PittGirl:

They are saying that Sarah Palin looks like Tina Fey, so does that mean your sister looks like Sarah Palin?

Just wondering.

19. ultraviolet
    September 5, 2008 10:08 am

she looks like every other brunette mom with glasses. tina fey? i don’t think so.