A new Smokin’ Hot Burgher

It was bound to happen.

I can’t deny it any longer.  Mike Tomlin is smokin’ hot.  Look at him up there.  All pointy and shit.

And his smokin’ hotness has 90% to do with the fact that he’s hot and 10% to do with the fact that he is AWESOME.

He spoke to the ninth graders yesterday:

We are committed to helping you bring out your best. Are you?” Mr. Tomlin said. Voice rising, he asked again, “Are you?”

Saying “it’s easy to get up for the big game,” Mr. Tomlin encouraged students to persevere in daily struggles to lay the groundwork for success down the road. He said he hoped at least one student will approach him some day to tell him the pep rally was a turning point.

“Be the one,” he said.

“I love you guys. I’m rooting for you. Hopefully, you’re rooting for us. We have dreams, too. We want to hoist the Lombardi.”

So it’s official.  He’s the next Smokin’ Hot Burgher with his awesomeness and his smokin’ hotness and his Sunglasses of Football Justice.

Also, reader Jenn pointed me toward the fact that the “Believe” line of shirts has expanded and this is my favorite.

1. White Guys Can't Sit
    September 17, 2008 8:19 am

Love the nom-noms. But why do the guys on the right side of Tomlin look dorky, all slumped and uncool, and the guy on the left is working that 70s style?

2. pittgirl
    September 17, 2008 8:23 am

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not, so I’ll tell you that the left-hand white guy is Mayor Lukey Ravenstahl and right-hand white guy is County Executive Dan Onorato. And yes, they are both dorks. There you go.

3. MiamiShyner
    September 17, 2008 8:40 am

I second the Hot Burgher emotion. He really is a role model. It would be nice if more gentlemen would have a look at what a REAL man dresses like. Pimped out Ray-Bans(?) and all.

4. Thee Dude
    September 17, 2008 8:51 am

I can hear the “Shaft Theme” when I look at those pics of the new hot ‘Burgher.

5. White Guys Can't Sit
    September 17, 2008 8:52 am

Actually PG, I do know who the pols on the right are, but your straightforward response to my snarkiness is an example of how you use your awesome powers for Good in this city!

And MiamiShyner, if you’ll allow me, I’d say those are classic shades, not pimped out. Tomlin’s cool is epic because his style is timeless; it transcends flash and fad.

6. Erin
    September 17, 2008 8:54 am

PG, what took you so long? Mike Tomlinomnomnom.

7. Tony N
    September 17, 2008 9:11 am

I have a friend that’s a Cowboys fan, but always watches Steeler games just so she can eyeball Coach Tomlin… or “Cutie on Duty”, as she calls him.

8. Sooska
    September 17, 2008 9:16 am

The “guy on the left” is Steeler Charlie Batch, injured backup QB and founder of the Best of the Batch Foundation.

September 17, 2008 9:23 am

“It’s easy to get up for the big game.”

Really? Then what’s your excuse for the end of last season, Mr. Smokin’?

10. lisalisa
    September 17, 2008 9:39 am

I’ll admit that as hard core football girl as I am during the game– I usually eek out at least one “Mike is so hot!!” I can’t help myself…

11. hello haha narf
    September 17, 2008 9:41 am

oh i would SO do him.
    yum!

September 17, 2008 9:59 am

how does he get the hairline on his ‘fro like that?

that shit is tight.

yeah, “shaft” theme — chickachickachickachickachicka WONKWONK!

13. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 17, 2008 11:59 am

Still say he looks like Chef from South Park

14. SpicyMeatball
    September 17, 2008 3:51 pm

I have been touting Mike Tomlin’s sexay since he arrived and for some reason I get the beat down for it. If you heard Mr. Meatball’s response you’d think Tomlin was Quasimoto running up the tower to ring the bell.

Somehow he combines stoic and swagger into one super tight package. So thank you PittGirl for shining the light on this glorious creature.

Hi Mike. Call me. 555-MEAT.

15. mudbugs
    September 17, 2008 5:38 pm

I’m just glad he doesn’t read Lamont’s column.

16. Christina
    September 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Dang, those sunglasses. I’m with you on this one. He is hot.

17. gumbygirl
    September 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Tomlin is a hohothottie! Lukey looks like he just picked a booger.

18. Papaya Jerry
    September 17, 2008 8:39 pm

@ gumbygirl: Lukey did just pick a booger, then immediately ate it. But first he offered it to Danny O ’cause that’s what boy BFFs do. They were going to dunk a girl’s pigtails in the inkpot next period, but they fought between naked Sonni Abatta and Julie Jumbo. Or something like that.

I’ve been living in this city and/or reading this blog WAYYYYYY too long…

19. Xena
    September 18, 2008 1:18 am

Yes, he is indeed Smokin’ Hot. He gets that Will Smith “going to kick me some space alien/Baltimore Raven ass” look. Nom, nom, nom.

20. windy city steel city
    September 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Sunglasses of Justice! Brilliant!
    Let’s listen in to Mr. T’s pre-game pep talk…
    “If I have to remove my Sunglasses of Justice to look you in the eye Casey Hampton, well there will be a exercise bike in your future, my Big Snack friend.”

21. Sue
    September 19, 2008 7:17 am

Why dont we see more pics of his SMOKIN on fire hot cutie little wife? Kay got mad press.
    It seems to be almost impossible to come up with a Tomlin nick name or shirt without being border line insulting. Me..I’d go with Coach T Thugalisious.