1. Are you guys going to the Steel City Derby Demons championship bout on Saturday to see the Bitch Doctors take on the Wrecking Dolls?
And have you seen this page of their battle scars? It is disturbing. That black eye up there is one of the tamer injuries.
Note to self, these bitches are tough and can take injuries that would make the Asshat suck his thumb. Do not ever insult them.
2. New York has the Naked Cowboy. Cleveland has this guy. Why can’t Steelers fans be this classy? Huh?
3. You techies have less than a month to apply to AlphaLab.
AlphaLab is a catalyst for launching the next generation of software, entertainment technology and Internet-related companies. AlphaLab provides funding, hands-on business assistance, access to a network of entrepreneurs and expert advisors, and free office space as part of an intensive 20-week program in Pittsburgh.
Of their companies from last cycle, I’m particularly excited to see this one.
4. If Pittsburgh Neighborhood Narratives has not invited David Conrad personally to the premiere of the films, they are missing out because David Conrad LOVES Pittsburgh neighborhoods and he is going to love these movies.
5. Jon Stewart gives a shout out to Troysus’ hair. A naughty shout out. See 1:35 of the video.
6. Willie Parker is nominated for the second week in a row as Fedex Ground Player of the Week. Go vote because he didn’t win last week.
7. Dougie is pissed. Pissed!
Doug Mientkiewicz, fresh off kicking an equipment box in the aftermath of the Pirates’ flat-lined 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers last night at PNC Park, went for a brief walk beyond the clubhouse walls, tried to clear his head, then returned to sit at his stall.
The one constant: He never stopped shaking his head.
“I’m probably not the guy to ask right now because I probably won’t say … it’s just embarrassing. It really is. You’ve got three guys who run balls out right now. It’s frustrating. Just frustrating. The whole thing is frustrating.”
He was so mad that when he came home last night, instead of his usual sports butt-slapping, he punched Daniel so hard in the ass that a fight broke out between all four of them … with Doug throwing furniture, Daniel kicking, David punching, and Matt trying out his new Pterodactyl move.
The garden hose came in handy to break it up.