The President of the Skippy Skeeve Fan Club speaks!

Last night, an email from this guy:

Hi! It’s Dave Shrager. My friend showed me your blog and I think it’s well written and hilarious! I do not take it personally and let’s face it, my hair is kinda crazy.

He complimented my writing, so, you know, points for him!  Let’s face the fact that I am a sucker for flattery and if Jeff Reed ever wrote me all, “Your (sic) the best writer ever and I luv u.  Are you also slutty, by any chance?” I’d probably rename him Skippy Awesome.

David Shrager let me know that he does entertainment law as well, that he does have tattoos, and that his hair, as evidenced in the photos he sent of him with some of his famous clients/friends has always been a bit crazy.

Case in point:

I wrote back:

Well!  A sense of humor.  Color me surprised because your friends are sure all GRR! SNARL! BITCH! SLAP! I mean, I didn’t say you were a bad lawyer.  I said you LOOK like a bad lawyer.  Geez.

I shall share your email and some of your photos tomorrow and if I may be so bold:  Your hair is FABULOUS in the photo with Chingy.  Very David Beckham. Go back to that.

See what I mean?

So the moral of the story … sometimes people will surprise you by having a sense of humor and sometimes flattery will get you everywhere with PittGirl.

1. chrys
    September 18, 2008 8:49 am

WOW! a lawyer with a sense of humor. It makes me almost overlook the Flintstone ‘do. I have to agree, the hair looks a lot better in the bottom pic.

And since you enjoy flattery so much.. you are “wicked awesome”

2. lovesthenorthside
    September 18, 2008 9:18 am

lukie should totally steal his p.r. person.

3. Elle
    September 18, 2008 9:37 am

I agree, PittGirl! Totally hot with the short hair.

September 18, 2008 10:07 am

You’re looking mighty fine today, PitGirl. Something different? New ‘do? New shoes? I don’t know exactly what it is but I don’t think I’ve ever seen you more … radiant. Seriously, you just glow with health and vitality and … and … yes, hotness. You’re a virtual Chernobyl of girl-hotness, a great warm glowing lump of …

Damn, I never quit while I’m ahead.

5. Summer
    September 18, 2008 10:40 am

He actually approaches hot in the second photo, so what’s up with growing out the crazy Kramer hair?

If he does go back to the shorter hair, it will prove that you use your powers for good.

I guess it’s just a wait and see thing …

6. SteelyMcstupid
    September 18, 2008 11:21 am

meh. He picks the semi-hot pic with the most famous person he can find and sends it. Smells a bit like a Summer’s Eve.

7. Pensgirl
    September 18, 2008 12:09 pm

When I saw the first picture I at first wondered what a picture of Jimmy Fallon and Ice-T had to do with this post. Paging Emily Litella. Anyhoo, nice to see he can poke a little fun at himself.

September 18, 2008 12:13 pm

hold the phone….

mr. heat miser shows that he has a little bit of a sense of humor and PG gets all creamy in her jeans?

SELLOUT!!!

9. Alison
    September 18, 2008 2:12 pm

@ unsatisfied– instead of throwing fit at everyone that commented and pittgirl (like the cloth tampon people or the PETA people) this guy lets it roll off his back.
    and on top of that he compliments pittgirl.
    its shows some class…. even if his hair doesn’t. ha.

10. Kelly
    September 18, 2008 3:08 pm

I don’t know..he’s pretty good looking AND a successful lawyer who knows some famous people. Is he single?? Where are his friends, excuse me, ASSOCIATES to give us the scoop on Lawyer Boy? Anyone?

11. I love Janelle Hall
    September 18, 2008 3:38 pm

still looks like an a-hole, with a lot of bs smooth talk. Wow, tattoos, hair and famous friends… impressive. Must be a slow week here. This post sux.

Pittgirl…. you had me at Pittsburgh only cooler.

12. BURGH
    September 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Well, if nothing else, it proves that PG is a broad.

A little smooth talk, a few ‘look who I know’ pics, and she turns to buttah.

13. Still A Fan
    September 18, 2008 7:12 pm

plus, the picture with Ice-T is prolly from the New Jack City time frame!

14. Dan (Not Onarato)
    September 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Not impressed

15. Xena
    September 18, 2008 7:28 pm

I taught this kid when he was an undergraduate at Pitt. He was memorable.

September 20, 2008 2:16 pm

@ alison — hey, I enjoyed the posts from the tampon and peta people. they were HILARIOUS.

hey, I have a sense of humor (I think). I’m gonna go OD on some hair gel and get my mane all nice and skeevy. then, go stalk some washed up former gangsta rapper and snap a pic. anyone know where ice cube is hiding these days?

17. lux
    September 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Xena . . . I’m curious why was he memorable???

18. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 21, 2008 10:53 am

I really like his hair in the first picture!! I think he looks very Jersey in the pic with Chingy.

I also want to know how old this man is and whether or not he’s single because I’m finding him oddly attractive.

19. Xena
    September 22, 2008 6:32 pm

He was smart, funny, and always trying to find a way to work an angle to avoid–real work. That’s another way of saying that at 18 he was something of a smartass. But I have always wondered what he ended up doing, because he was intent on law and certainly had the raw ability to do it. I always figured I would see him on TV some day.

20. Pingback: Gay animal sex stories.