1. Don’t tell Ta-Ta the Grand Poobah, but I’m totally buying her this for Christmas.
And then I’m going to make her buy me this one:
(h/t Ken and Mrs. Pitsberger)
2. Some What The Effies for you to use to make yourself feel better about you:
- I’ve mentioned before how much the photo-from-above Craigslist ads drive me crazy/make me dizzy and how I don’t understand them. I mean what is that? Hey, here’s what you would see if I ever bent over really really far? Here’s an example of one. And here’s a great example of proof that the photo-from-above can be VERY deceiving.
- Phat beats.
- First, what does it mean to want a woman to be “deep in her spirit and soul”? I mean, dude, really. Define that with words because it sounds like a Paula Abdul American Idol performance critique: “I look at you up there singing, and you are so deep in your spirit and your soul.” Also, those photos. One of these things is not like other. One of these things doesn’t belong.
- Is that guy wearing a skirt? A skirt that is not a kilt? Sex-ay!
- Here’s a phrase you don’t expect to precede the phrase “anything within reason”: “put me on a leash or sit on my face.” Well, that sounds reasonable. Can I also fly you from the flagpole at dawn? Would that be reasonable to you?
- I am SO tempted to answer this ad, show up, and beat the shit out of him with a can of spray paint.
- Man, when did Webster go and redefine “gym addict body.” These times. I can’t keep up with them.
3. Troysus is going to be a dad and I just now found out. I am totally slacking off and I plan to have a talk with me about it. I might even slap myself.
Q: I know you don’t watch a lot of football, but did you watch this past Monday Night game?
A: No. Saw the score, saw the film, heard the breakdown. But there’s a lot of emotion taken out when you can’t hear the crowd or the announcers.
Q: What did you do instead?
A: My wife is pregnant, so I was just running to the refrigerator and back, or something like that.
4. That eBay auction to win the chance to have Greg Lloyd come to your house and eat your food and watch football with you? Sold for $7,000.
He’s no Jeremy Bloom, I tell you that.
5. This photo was snapped by reader Sara in McKees Rocks.
Boy. There’s gaudy and then there’s GAWD-Y!
Is that yours, Asshat?
Someone go get to the bottom of that shit.
He said the URA would have had to pay Mr. Ford through the end of the year under the terms of his employment contract, and adding another six months of compensation “was a relatively small amount of money in comparison to what the legal costs potentially could have been. And in addition, it allowed us to put this employment issue behind us, allow us to move forward at the URA.”
Do you wonder? Has Luke ever said “move forward” to the press and then done one of those d’oh! faces as he realizes what he just said? Gosh. I hope so.