Screwed, we are.

An injured Brett Kiesel.

An injured Willie Parker.

An injured Baby Cici Donna.

An O-line as porous as fish net.

A quarterback with a separated shoulder, an injured hand and possibly a fungus.

Ray Lewis itching to get his giant paws on The Duke.

Is there any hope?

Let’s ask Yoda.  He knows everything.

Yeah.  It doesn’t look good.

1. Joe
    September 23, 2008 2:54 pm

No worries, Steeler Nation and PG. Ray Lewis is about 5 years past his prime, Joe Facco, who couldn’t start at Pitt, is the Ravens QB and it is a Monday night game in the burgh.

I am thinking 30-10 Steelers.

2. NY Luvs Pitts
    September 23, 2008 3:12 pm

We need to have a 24 hour prayer vigil for the Steelers. If everyone could just take a time of day until the clock is filled. We need the Lord’s help.

3. Pensgirl
    September 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Let’s just call up the kids from Wilkes-Barre! They did so well filling in last year!

Oh, wait. Wrong team.

Hopefully Good and Evil will factor into this, and we’ll win anyway.

I live less than than a mile from that purple monstrosity they call a stadium and I want to wake up Tuesday morning to a Deeply Depressed Baltimore.

4. Sue
    September 23, 2008 4:15 pm

I want to see heads rolling in Pittsburgh.
    Bouchette says Tomlin will not jump the gun,
    Screw the gun JUMP IT!
    If the staff cant right this ship then they better put Leftwich and Dixon in until they do!!!
    I will take a division loss to save the season.

September 23, 2008 11:16 pm

we’re just lucky that that duke of fug guy is laying in a hospital bed somewhere after that shit that went down in philly….

September 23, 2008 11:17 pm

ISN’T laying in a hospital bed, that is.

go to bed, unsatified…..

7. Still A. Fan
    September 24, 2008 6:44 am

i agree. hoping we can bring the house to flacco. and as for ben…..i know there’s been a lot of talk about him getting killed last week…but in reality, there werent that many crushing blows. it was just the huge guys landing on him. i think the sacks of mcnabb were actually harder hits. anyway…i’m just sayin’

8. ic lion
    September 24, 2008 8:08 am

Ben took a pounding last week, make no mistake about it. And the line sucked too. But for as long as I can remember (early Cowher) and I’m sure before that, the Steeler offense lived and died off the run. The problem in Philly started with the fact that Willy had 20 carries for 30 yds (or something like that). Any chance that Mendenfumbloosky or MM can change that against a tough Ravens D this week? I’ll let you decide. . .

That being said, the Ravens O sucks. They have a 2-0 rookie QB who has beaten the Bungles and Brownies by throwing less than 130 yds in each game. Add a MNF Pittsburgh crowd to the mix, and I say low-scoring Steeler win. . . nothing to get excited about.

9. Summer
    September 24, 2008 8:32 am

God, I hope they win. If not, then I’ll have to listen to my Baltimore relatives whoop it up.

10. Sue
    September 24, 2008 8:41 am

The problem is far greater then this next game.
    Sit Big Roe, let him heal. A couple good hits from Ray Ray and our SEASON is done.
    FIX THIS Arians/Zearlian (spelling)?

11. SportyGal85
    September 24, 2008 11:03 am

I’m with NY Luvs Pitts, when I saw Ray put that hit on Kellen Winslow, I said “Oh Lord, Ray Ray and ‘nem gon’ KILL Ben next week!” (lol). All jokes aside, pray…

12. Bill H
    September 24, 2008 11:09 am

Just maybe Tomlin was right, if Baby Cici Donna was a little more serious about his conditioning maybe his groin would not be down around his kneecaps in the third game of the season!!

13. Pinto Alegre
    September 24, 2008 11:16 am

Wow..I’m totally disappointed in my fellow Burghers on this one. If you look closely, right after Jeter picks his nose, you’ll see one proud Pittsburgher wearing his Big Ben jersey next to all those cockamamie pinstripe wearing dorks.

14. Megan
    September 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Can’t say our offensive line is any worse without Faneca!