- September 24, 2008
- filed under LaMont Jones, Mayor Ravenstahl, Mike Tomlin, Penguins, Steelers, Yarone Zober
1. It wasn’t just your computer.
The Burgh Blog had a near-death experience last night when it overloaded a server or some other such technical nonsense and had to be shut down by the host for a time.
There was a great resuscitation effort by Woy when the doctor said, “We’ve done all we can.” Woy grabbed the blog by the shoulders and shook with all his might, screaming, “Don’t you die on me. Don’t you dare die on me!” He may have even slapped it across the face.
Saucy was screaming, “Run away from the light, girl! Away from the light! And if you see Jennifer Love Hewitt, RUN AWAY FASTER!”
Things appear to be working again, so let’s just cross our fingers and pray to the Dread Lord because I’m telling you he was behind these shenanigans. Either him or the pigeons. Or Benny’s minions.
2. Former Penguin/Forever Burgher Ryan Malone is either all, “Hey, no hard feelings” about his trade or he is all, “ASSHOLES!” about his trade.
“Every athlete is skeptical at first. The media portrays yoga as a meditative practice,” said Mrs. Conley.
As someone who has been doing yoga for a few months now and it still kicks her ass, I can tell you for a fact that the only thing meditative about yoga is the counting backwards from ten I do so that I don’t call WiiSteve a “f&#*ing bastard” when he tells me that my legs are shaking and did I just see you put your foot down?
“One of the most important factors of this practice is listening to your body,” he said.
My body regularly says, “I’ve had just about enough of this.”
Tomlin’s career has taken a backward step. He’s a mediocre 5-6 since his first nine games.
5. Lukey’s new budget was unveiled yesterday, and it’s not the worst thing ever. In fact, there are some aspects of it that are quite pleasing to me.
See Dread Lord, I can be nice to Lukey when he deserves it.
6. So listen, there’s a fashion contest in the Burgh called Pittsburgh’s Biggest Fashion Disaster and if you send a photo of someone with truly hideous fashion sense, that person could win a makeover and other prizes. I imagine since the site is looking for poorly dressed Yinzers, that they are going to get lots of photos of mullets, spandex, oversprayed hair, oversize t-shirts, jorts, etc.
So here’s my question: don’t you think I should send them the photo of LaMont Jones in the chartreuse hip-huggers because I can’t tell you enough how much I love the irony of the P-G’s fashion editor getting nominated for Pittsburgh’s Biggest Fashion Disaster.
(h/t The Mysterious M)