Random n’at.

1.  It wasn’t just your computer.

The Burgh Blog had a near-death experience last night when it overloaded a server or some other such technical nonsense and had to be shut down by the host for a time.

There was a great resuscitation effort by Woy when the doctor said, “We’ve done all we can.”  Woy grabbed the blog by the shoulders and shook with all his might, screaming, “Don’t you die on me.  Don’t you dare die on me!”  He may have even slapped it across the face.

Saucy was screaming, “Run away from the light, girl!  Away from the light!  And if you see Jennifer Love Hewitt, RUN AWAY FASTER!”

Things appear to be working again, so let’s just cross our fingers and pray to the Dread Lord because I’m telling you he was behind these shenanigans.  Either him or the pigeons.  Or Benny’s minions.

Damn minions.

2.  Former Penguin/Forever Burgher Ryan Malone is either all, “Hey, no hard feelings” about his trade or he is all, “ASSHOLES!” about his trade.

Depends on which Burgh newspaper you read.

3.  The Steelers have been doing yoga.

“Every athlete is skeptical at first. The media portrays yoga as a meditative practice,” said Mrs. Conley.

As someone who has been doing yoga for a few months now and it still kicks her ass, I can tell you for a fact that the only thing meditative about yoga is the counting backwards from ten I do so that I don’t call WiiSteve a “f&#*ing bastard” when he tells me that my legs are shaking and did I just see you put your foot down?

“One of the most important factors of this practice is listening to your body,” he said.

My body regularly says, “I’ve had just about enough of this.”

4.  Bob Smizik writes:

Tomlin’s career has taken a backward step. He’s a mediocre 5-6 since his first nine games.

Ouch.

5.  Lukey’s new budget was unveiled yesterday, and it’s not the worst thing ever. In fact, there are some aspects of it that are quite pleasing to me.

Go Lukey.

See Dread Lord, I can be nice to Lukey when he deserves it.

6.  So listen, there’s a fashion contest in the Burgh called Pittsburgh’s Biggest Fashion Disaster and if you send a photo of someone with truly hideous fashion sense, that person could win a makeover and other prizes.  I imagine since the site is looking for poorly dressed Yinzers, that they are going to get lots of photos of mullets, spandex, oversprayed hair, oversize t-shirts, jorts, etc.

So here’s my question: don’t you think I should send them the photo of LaMont Jones in the chartreuse hip-huggers because I can’t tell you enough how much I love the irony of the P-G’s fashion editor getting nominated for Pittsburgh’s Biggest Fashion Disaster.

(h/t The Mysterious M)

1. Z
    September 24, 2008 9:31 am

I vote you submit Lamont.

2. lovesthenorthside
    September 24, 2008 9:37 am

#6. not only do i second z, but i think you should suggest your readers do the same.

3. Summer
    September 24, 2008 10:55 am

If you submit Lamont, I will found a religion in your honor.

4. J
    September 24, 2008 10:55 am

Welcome back. You scared me. I was pacing the waiting room taking up smoking and shit, ready to go Julia Sugarbaker on the doctor if he came out with bad news. (unfortunately I spent all my JS on my kids teachers this week;) )

But seriously, I hope you have all your archives saved in an off line preferably non digital format.

5. Mary in Accounting
    September 24, 2008 11:06 am

A medical situation does not call for Julia Sugarbaker crazy but Shirley Maclaine crazy via Terms of Endearment:

“It’s past ten. My daughter is in pain. I don’t understand why she has to have this pain. All she has to do is hold out until ten, and IT’S PAST TEN! My daughter is in pain, can’t you understand that! GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT!”

That works.

6. Sooska
    September 24, 2008 11:40 am

# 6 yes, yes a thousand times, YES! nominate Lamont.

#1 PittGirl, the page I got last night was asmallOrange or something that said you didn’t pay your bill. really? I think it was actually Dread Lord and Lukey trying to embarrass you by hacking your site.

7. cityworker
    September 24, 2008 12:27 pm

i think lamont derserves his own tag by now.

8. Papaya Jerry
    September 24, 2008 1:25 pm

PG, is there any reason we ALL shouldn’t nominate LaMont? One of two us they could laugh off, but with the entire BB squad peppering them with Lamontograms, there’d be no stopping us.

Oh, I just read the contest rules. If a fellow BBer makes the “winning” nomination, the prize goes to PG. All in favor?

9. Pensgirl
    September 24, 2008 2:42 pm

2. You knew I’d be the one who had something to say about this. Malone was always as good as gone; he was traded only so we’d get something back in his leaving (we got draft picks). If he’d gone to free agency he’d have signed elsewhere and we’d have gotten nothing. So given that, “ASSHOLES!” would not be a valid response. Also, it was not his actual response – hear the man himself on a podcast with Phil Bourque from before the other night’s preseason game. He says he knew in game 6 of the SCF it would be his last home game as a Penguin.

Also, yes, nominate Lamont. And I nominate Marc-Andre Fleury to take his place at the PG. That kid has style.

10. Kate
    September 24, 2008 5:48 pm

I vote we all vote for Lamont because that eye burning outfit was a million times more horrible than the normal definition of horrible.

And I second Pensgirl’s idea for Fleury taking over…that kid does have style…

11. minutes from the mall
    September 24, 2008 5:53 pm

I think I can help. I’ve just been in touch with the widow of the A Small Orange Minister of Defense, and, long story short, the Burgh Blog will soon be receiving a generous portion of a $33 million check from A Small Orange. I just need to get a few particulars…

12. Steelman
    September 24, 2008 7:10 pm

I am surprised that I am the first to address Smizik’s comments about Coach Tomlin. I still like the coach but I’m starting to waiver a bit. The performance of the offensive line against the Eagles was abysmal. We lost Faneca and the Steelers did nothing to shore up the line in the draft or via free agent signings. Put the 2nd stringers in – they can’t do any worse. I think it’s going to be a long season of frustration and angst. I hope Ben has good medical coverage.

13. TheJim
    September 24, 2008 11:14 pm

No matter what Bob Smizik says, he still looks like Bozo the Clown.