And PittGirl said, “It is good.”

Behold the power of the readers of The Burgh Blog.

Here’s attorney David Shrager before we went all, “OMG, Look at your hair!” on his ass.

Yowza.  I hadn’t looked at that picture for a while.  That’s some crazy hair.

And here’s attorney David Shrager yesterday:

Still a little spiky, but a HUGE improvement over the previous ‘do.

It is amazing what a few comments from Burgh Blog readers and a comparison to Skippy Skeeve can do to motivate a guy to get a haircut.

Ladies, David would like me to let you know that he is 35 and single.  I will add to that that he is probably rich.

We’ll start the bidding at $100 …

Also, readers, this should motivate us.  If we can do this to hair, surely, SURELY we can do something about LaMont Jones.

And yes, LaMont Jones has his own tag on The Burgh Blog now.  I don’t know whether you should congratulate him or tell him to “hang in there.  She can’t blog forever.”

1. NoSide15212
    September 25, 2008 8:02 am

“Hang in there,” PittGirl? Really inappropriate, PittGirl. Oh, you were subtle –very subtle. But still, really inappropriate.

2. pittgirl
    September 25, 2008 8:04 am

I really didn’t think anyone was going to catch that. BRAVO!

3. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 8:44 am

Dear David,

I don’t care what PittGirl says about your hair, I think you’re hot and that we should go out sometime.

Let me know.

4. pittgirl
    September 25, 2008 8:52 am

PghGirlNextDoor,

So what you’re saying is that you’re in for $100?

;)

5. Summer
    September 25, 2008 9:01 am

Your powers are impressed. The Dread Lord had better watch his back!

6. TBD
    September 25, 2008 9:19 am

Still looks like the Earl of Smug to me. But then again I’m a dude. No $100 for me. :^)

7. Nel
    September 25, 2008 9:24 am

After reading your first blog post on this guy I remember thinking “This guy has got to be a total jerk.”
    Maybe he’s still a jerk, but he’s a smart one with a sense of humor who can laugh at a good joke, even if it’s on him.
    He’s good at what he does and he’s laughing all the way to the bank.
    I like him, too bad he’s too young.
    That, and he eerily reminds me of my friends ex-husband from N Huntingdon who was a scary freak.

September 25, 2008 9:46 am

if mr. heat miser is so rich, he can afford to go to get a haircut/style at someplace other than supercuts.

just sayin’…..

9. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 9:49 am

I don’t typically purchase my dates…though the losers I’ve dated have cost me far more than $100. So yeah, I suppose I’m in.

10. spoon
    September 25, 2008 10:10 am

unsatisfied, have you checked out Sports Clips off 228 yet? If not you MUST go! All the women are hot. There are LCD TV’s where you sit and for $24 (i think) you get a cut, shampoo, hot towel and neck/shoulder massage. They always have specials going on. There’s a reason why I have hair again :)

Now if they only served craft beer, cognac, whiskey, scotch and cigars like in cali.

11. StillerGirl
    September 25, 2008 10:17 am

Dear PghGirlNextDoor,

Time to start a bidding war? I’m in for $150! :) He’s pretty hot, and there’s not that many single, straight, non-fug guys over 30 in pgh – I need to get while the getting’s good!

12. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Hm…just had a thought…have we confirmed that he is indeed straight? I’d hate to get into a bidding war over a gay man. It has happened to me far too many times already.

13. StillerGirl
    September 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Well, he wanted PittGirl to inform the ‘Ladies’, but you are correct; it hasn’t been confirmed. I stopped dating gay guys in high school (I think!).

14. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 12:35 pm

PittGirl, can we please get confirmation on David’s sexuality before the bidding war resumes?

Or David, perhaps you and I can just talk about it over dinner. :)

15. working mama
    September 25, 2008 12:43 pm

I’m pretty sure he is….I know his cousin!

16. Monty
    September 25, 2008 1:00 pm

When is the last time any of you saw Ice-T taking pictures with a gay guy??

17. Chris
    September 25, 2008 1:08 pm

I’m confused. Is knowing someone’s cousin a euphemism like being a “friend of Bill’s”?

18. StillerGirl
    September 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Dangit PghGirlNextDoor! That was sneak-ay! ARG!

19. Heather
    September 25, 2008 1:50 pm

I bid a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies and he can motorboat me.

20. Monty
    September 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Mmmm. Cookies.

21. retiredguy
    September 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Wait a minute. His hair in the first picture was styled that way? I thought it was just a really windy day.

22. working mama
    September 25, 2008 2:25 pm

I’m not sure I understand the “friend of Bill’s” thing – but whatever – confirmed he is indeed straight…

23. the violet
    September 25, 2008 2:34 pm

A friend of Bill’s is someone who works a 12 step program. Cat’s out of the bag. And the thing about LaMont “hanging in there”… do you mean in a/the closet???

September 25, 2008 2:42 pm

spoon — I haven’t yet — sounds interesting! though, I have a fairly hot chick cutting my hair these days, so we’ll just have to see…..

ok — bidding war starting now for motorboating heather. I can’t bake a damned thing, but I’m sure that I can whip up a coupla hundred chocolate chip cookies somehow….

25. efw_west
    September 25, 2008 3:02 pm

sorry, his beetching over the police roughing up his “client” after a high-speed chase still leave a bad taste in my mouth. Sleaze ball.

26. Still A. Fan
    September 25, 2008 5:48 pm

why does everyone assume a lawyer is rich? and while you’re at it, define rich? i know a few who aren’t even close to being rich…and i don’t know any who are. i’m sure some can spend all their money on gadgets and cars and not have a penny in the bank…..that’s not rich….that’s stupid. i’m just sayin’……..

27. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 5:58 pm

I agree that knowing his cousin does not confirm is hetrosexuality.

And Monty, I don’t know a single person, gay or straight, who WOULDN’T jump at the chance to get their picture taken with Mr. T.

28. PittCheMBA
    September 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Shrager is the attorney who is defending the couple that robbed a bank and led police on a chase along Rt 28 and the 31st Street Bridge, http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_589990.html. Is he a younger version of attorney James Ecker?

29. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    September 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Still a Fan has a great point. I’m a lawyer, definitely not rich, definitely don’t have a bunch of gadgets and have the same car that I’ve had for the past ten years. I’m still paying for law school (woo-hoo, two years to go) and have worked nothing but public sector jobs since I got out of law school. I recently (about two years ago) finished paying off my college student loans. I’d probably be “richer” if I refinanced my student loans several years back, but I really didn’t want to still be paying for my degree at the same time I was approaching retirement age. Most of my classmates from law school who are practicing law are in a similar situation, with the added expense of a family in the mix, too. There are some “rich” lawyers in Allegheny County, but most of them are well beyond their 30’s and have been practicing for many, many years. Plus, you don’t hit the jackpot in criminal defense work in southwestern PA. Shrager’s other area of practice (entertainment law) is probably much more lucrative.

30. white guy
    September 25, 2008 7:50 pm

cookies and motorboating Heather, eeuuummm just thinking about it warms me.

31. BURGH
    September 25, 2008 11:00 pm

I’ll toss in 200 bucks and pick a name out of a hat if you stop acting like desperate whores.

Not to be critical.

32. pittgirl
    September 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Sure. If you stop acting like a jealous prick.

Not to be critical.

33. PghGirlNextDoor
    September 25, 2008 11:36 pm

HAHAHAHAHA

Save your $200 and see if you can use it to get a grip. It shocks me that someone who is clearly lacking humor would be reading this blog to begin with.

34. StillerGirl
    September 26, 2008 7:36 am

I prefer ‘money-grubbing whore’, thank you very much! So, about that $200…

35. TBD
    September 26, 2008 9:18 am

Can we start the bidding instead for the motorboat and cookies treatment? I’m in for $100 ;^)