- September 29, 2008
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, LaMont Jones, Mayor Ravenstahl, Pirates, Steelers, Yarone Zober
1. Last night while trying to look graceful doing the yoga Dancer pose, but looking more like the Drunk Emu pose, I pulled something in my neck and today I am all crooked and in pain.
Damn you, WiiSteve and your, “Don’t give up. Hold the pose. Your legs are shaking a little. Use your core muscles to stabilize yourself, you unbalanced piece of shit.”
2. On a whim and realizing I had only some dude named J.T. O’Sullivan (WTF?) to play as my quarterback due to Peyton Manning’s bye week, I traded to acquire one Mr. Brett Favre as my backup quarterback for this week’s Yinz League Fantasy Football matchup.
And Brett Favre got me six touchdown.
Boo-ya! PittGirl’s Minions are on the warpath.
3. Is anyone flinging a virgin sacrifice into the mouth of a volcano in preparation for tonight’s game? Benny is going to need it. So is Mendenhall.
4. Chad Hermann says, “See ya, suckers!” in grand Next Page fashion and even gives a little dig at those who hide behind their anonymity.
5. My self-united husband Dougie was voted by the Buccos of Suckitude as the team leader:
The majority choice of the vocal, emotional Mientkiewicz was no surprise … “Dougie’s the man,” Ian Snell said. “He’s been there for us every single day.”
Dougie is the man. My man. Step off.
6. A writer for the San Jose Mercury News writes about the charms of the Burgh. And if you’re drinking for the word confluence it’s your lucky day.
7. Speaking of the Buccos of Suckitude, Pedro Alvarez finally signed on with the team and I would just like to say to Pedro, “Welcome to The Suck!”
8. Lukey is sick and has missed a few days of work because of it.
Get well, Lukey! Make sure the Dread Lord isn’t just putting the juju on you.
9. LaMont Jones is going to be a judge for a Halloween costume contest and here’s what I need. I need one of you boys to be LaMont Jones for Halloween and I need you to send them a picture of you wearing these.
Bonus points if you’re bald.
Extra bonus points if you’re Ken Rice.