What They’re Really Thinking: Dropping like flies edition.

An email from reader Valerie:

At the end of last night’s game I reviewed the text messages that have gone back and forth among my son, my daughter and me for the preseason, Browns, Eagles and Ravens games and realized just how much The Burghblog is part of our lives:

• From preseason: “Ben hit the Asshat for a TD!”
  • From Browns: “Troysus! Int to end the half!”
  • From Browns: “FG Skippy!”
  • From Eagles: “Skippy from 53.”
  • From Eagles: “Troysus is alive! Top 10 pick of all time.”
  • From Ravens: “Touchdown Asshat! Touchdown Asshat!”
  • From Ravens: “Skippy Skeve! Sluts were on the line.”

Thanks for making our Steeler lives so much fun. Others look at us like we’re crazy when we use your terms, but hey, we know we’re part of the in-crowd and they’re not.

First, AWESOME!

Second, it must be noted that Skippy was always Skippy, I just added the Skeeve. And the whores.

Third, Ben?!  BEN?!?  I think you mean The Duke.

I forgive you.

On to the game:

1.  The Ravens are our enemies, and that means trash talk.  Lots of it.

Not even FORMER Steelers were spared:

2.  Troysus showed up again, and brought his best bud Jesus with him.

Jesus, a Steelers fan.  It makes perfect sense.  We have Troysus, Troysus has Jesus, we have Jesus.

Jesus apparently doesn’t care about the running backs.

3.  Asshat.  Beautiful, beautiful touchdown.  And did you guys see how improved his blocking is?  He has been taught well by Hines.

Wait. Let me find it.  Here we go. Go to 1:20 and watch him go all BAM!

4.  I don’t know what the hell the Steelers’ problem was for the first two quarters of this game, but they weren’t playing football.  They were doing the Hokey Pokey.

You put your head in …

You put your head out …

you put your head in …

and you shake it all about …

You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around …

That’s what it’s all a-bout!

Thank God they stopped that hokey crap and managed to pull out a W in what sure was looking like a big fat L.

Next week, the return of The Defacator.  It should be shitastic.

I hope Jesus comes.  We might need him.

1. Sooska
    September 30, 2008 8:34 pm

When the Steelers took the field I emailed this to my daughter: >GAWD our outfits are UG-lee. where did they ever get those? when did they ever wear those? the guys who normally dress in the most stylish way must be sick. wait. LAMONT did it!

In the 3rd quarter my daughter emailed me this: “What was Ben doing there – praying to the Lord of Fug and the Prince of Gross for guidance?”

Later I emailed her : The Asshat saves the day!

You, PittGirl, have created part of the New Burgh lexicon.

2. Gunnlino
    September 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Pitt Girl, a legend.
    It’s a privilege to be present during ‘Burgh history in the making.

Well, maybe. If you leave out the LaMont part.

3. Angie :-)
    October 1, 2008 12:54 am

oh my goodness this is hilarious!!! I am in tears!! i needed the laugh!!

awesome pittgirl… awesome

4. PensPrincess
    October 1, 2008 7:02 am

First of all, my husband constantly asked me why I always talk about my “imaginary best friend pittgirl”. He just doesn’t get your awesomeness!

Second, did you see the guy get kicked in the head by Woodley when he jumped into the crowd?

Have a good one Pittsburgh! Time to go get a Pumpkin Spice Latte!

5. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 1, 2008 7:26 am

They really are dropping like flies.

6. Tony N
    October 1, 2008 8:01 am

The “Sluts!” picture with Skippy is priceless… Looks like he’s ordering a round of sluts for the house…

It looks like we are indeed becoming your minions. When you control the words, you control the minds.

7. Sue
    October 1, 2008 8:09 am

I called Jeff “Skippy” at Womens training camp, he didnt seem to flinch. lol

Agreed Santonio is playing Hines Ward WR ball, he does need a little more bulk on him, kid is skinny.
    I was going to go there..but deleted it.
    Too tired. lol
    Go Steelers!

8. HokieRider
    October 1, 2008 8:18 am

I also recall stating “Skippy, don’t screw this one up” at at least one point during that game. PG, you’re starting to take over my mind!

October 1, 2008 8:49 am

You’re getting better at these, and you were already pretty damn good.

10. JamieO
    October 1, 2008 9:14 am

Did anyone else catch Tony Kornholer make a reference to Skippy-Foul’s collection of embarrassing Internet photos? I nearly fell off the chair.

11. Brother Anthony
    October 1, 2008 10:10 am

I went to training camp his first year with the team and asked him if he liked his nickname “Skippy”. He told me something like “I don’t know where you heard that. No one calls me that.” I told him, “Good luck making the team… Skippy.”

12. Brian
    October 1, 2008 10:26 am

Someone just said “pumpkin latte.” Oh man, I can’t wait for lunchtime to get here now!

13. Sue
    October 1, 2008 10:38 am

Had to come back to add my thoughts about the pic of Ben holding Skips head up. lol
    First I though..Ben needed that spot light, how dare a kicker get that many mic in the face.

Second…AWW Benny, is so greatful for the win he will invite Skippy over for higher quality sluts on the bye week.

Third….SKIPPY, look at the reporters, right here, straight ahead. SOMEBODY GET THE SLUTS OUT OF SKIPS SIGHT!

14. chrys
    October 1, 2008 11:59 am

I am so glad I am not the only one to be using some of the “lexicon”.. LOL! I have been calling Jeff Reed Skippy Skeve so much, my brother in law and husband have started to call him that. As for Asshat.. I use that one too, and I usually get some odd stares from the mother in law. :)

15. PittinDC
    October 1, 2008 3:43 pm

While watching the game, I was continually yelling at “Skippy Skeeve” and “Asshat.” My fiance looked at me like I was nuts. I just told him he’ll never understand.

16. dwight
    October 2, 2008 12:40 pm

I woulda thunk that Skippy woulda been the one to take Benny from behind. You just can’t tell sometime.

17. Mikey
    October 2, 2008 8:21 pm

The build up and the Jeff Reed “sluts” picture payoff was TERRIFIC, well done!