An email from reader Valerie:
At the end of last night’s game I reviewed the text messages that have gone back and forth among my son, my daughter and me for the preseason, Browns, Eagles and Ravens games and realized just how much The Burghblog is part of our lives:
- From preseason: “Ben hit the Asshat for a TD!”
- From Browns: “Troysus! Int to end the half!”
- From Browns: “FG Skippy!”
- From Eagles: “Skippy from 53.”
- From Eagles: “Troysus is alive! Top 10 pick of all time.”
- From Ravens: “Touchdown Asshat! Touchdown Asshat!”
- From Ravens: “Skippy Skeve! Sluts were on the line.”
Thanks for making our Steeler lives so much fun. Others look at us like we’re crazy when we use your terms, but hey, we know we’re part of the in-crowd and they’re not.
Second, it must be noted that Skippy was always Skippy, I just added the Skeeve. And the whores.
Third, Ben?! BEN?!? I think you mean The Duke.
I forgive you.
On to the game:
1. The Ravens are our enemies, and that means trash talk. Lots of it.
Not even FORMER Steelers were spared:
2. Troysus showed up again, and brought his best bud Jesus with him.
Jesus, a Steelers fan. It makes perfect sense. We have Troysus, Troysus has Jesus, we have Jesus.
Jesus apparently doesn’t care about the running backs.
3. Asshat. Beautiful, beautiful touchdown. And did you guys see how improved his blocking is? He has been taught well by Hines.
Wait. Let me find it. Here we go. Go to 1:20 and watch him go all BAM!
4. I don’t know what the hell the Steelers’ problem was for the first two quarters of this game, but they weren’t playing football. They were doing the Hokey Pokey.
You put your head in …
You put your head out …
you put your head in …
and you shake it all about …
You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around …
That’s what it’s all a-bout!
Thank God they stopped that hokey crap and managed to pull out a W in what sure was looking like a big fat L.
Next week, the return of The Defacator. It should be shitastic.
I hope Jesus comes. We might need him.