Monthly Archives: October 2008
Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s wife, Erin, today gave birth to a boy.
Cooper Luke Ravenstahl was born at 9:24 a.m. and weighed in at 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
1. Rumor: Erin Ravenstahl is in labor and due to give birth to the adorable spawn of Luke Ravenstahl.
Somewhere, the Dread Lord Zober is all, “Mwah-hahaha. My plan. It is working.”
If this rumor is true, then my good thoughts go out to the Ravenstahls for a healthy mom and baby.
2. Troysus’s son is due to be born any day now and that could mean he’ll miss Monday’s game.
When asked Thursday if there’s a chance he may miss Monday’s game, Polamalu said, “I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.”
When asked when his wife is due to deliver their first child, Polamalu said, “She’s due soon … any time now.”
Troy and Theodora Polamalu plan to name their son Paisios.
Did they maybe buy too many vowels from Pat by accident?
Wouldn’t Stupendous Man be a great Halloween costume?
So, let’s talk Steelers, shall we?
1. The Steelers are losing to the Redskins in the Chunky Soup weekly matchup. That’s bad.
We’re 8-0 for Chunky matchups, so clearly, you need to go vote to keep us undefeated, all in the name of charity via soup donations to food banks.
While you’re voting, ponder this: Why hasn’t Chunky approached Baby Cici Donna about being its spokesfatty?
(h/t Leah and Rebecca)
2. You know Snoop Dogg is a Steelers fan, but now he’s managed to combine the Steelers and the Buccos of Suckitude onto one article of clothing.
I hope the suckitude of that Pirates P doesn’t ooze down and get on the awesome of the Steelers logo.
Also, nice boots lady. Oy. Is that part of your Super Grover costume?
3. Why have I never seen this video of Snoop Dogg, Bill Cowher and The Duke before?
I love how Snoop is trying to do the street kind of handshake with Coach Cowher and Coach Cowher starts patting Snoop’s hand all, “Such a nice young boy. Would you like a butterscotch?”
But my favorite moment is at :16 when The Duke throws signs at the camera all, “Yo. Fuggin’ it up in da hizzle!”
Also, that video made me miss Bill Cowher a little bit. [tear]
4. Benny says it is very distracting seeing hot girls stretch.
They try to make their cheerleaders stretch in our tunnel before we come out of the locker room. That’s just not good,” Roethlisberger said yesterday.
“The couple of preseason games I’ve played down there, we’ve seen it,” Roethlisberger said.
And it’s a distraction?
“It can be, let’s be truthful.”
You know, I can’t write about that because I’m not a guy (says Ken Rice) and I don’t really understand how watching some hot sexy girls stretch would be enough of a distraction pre-game to affect your performance during a game.
I mean, ladies, correct me if I’m wrong, but they could have a whole host of hot guys in skimpy clothes doing stretches and we’d be all, “Nice pecs, babycakes” and that’d be it. Game time.
We wouldn’t be affected unless those guys were also carrying rather large diamonds, some Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, and a caddy of cleaning products because they’d really like to clean our houses.
And that’s not a euphemism.
You can start with the bathrooms.
(h/t DW and Ben)
- October 30, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Mike Tomlin, Steelers, Weather, Weird Burghers
- 18 comments
1. Snow! WTF?
2. The NFL Players Association will possibly file a grievance because it feels the fine and suspension of Santonio Holmes by Mike Tomlin was “improper.”
I agree. Santonio Holmes’ special brand of stupid deserves something more than a one-game suspension. I’m not sure what the punishment should be, but I am POSITIVE it should involve Steely McBeam, a pigeon, and some Zima.
3. UPDATE: Apparently, my warning is being ignored, so let me say it louder: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Ewwwwwwwwww! A giant floating nasty What The Effie. Srsly.
4. What do you spy with your little eye at the Zombie Walk?
I’ll give you a hint. It starts with “Giantest Vacuum” and ends in “Of Suck.”
5. TV Guide has an article on David Conrad. Can’t wait to read it! I hope he says “forsooth.”
6. ESPN.com’s Page Two says:
Now, before we get to the nominations, I need to do a little bit of housekeeping in the audience. Can someone tell Wes Welker that this is about finding the dirtiest player, not the player with the dirtiest uniform? Is that Santonio Holmes of the Steelers? Yeah, San, this meeting is about playing dirty, not riding dirty. And to the entire row of Cleveland Browns in the back. Fellas, again, this is about dirty players — not guys who might actually be infectious.
7. Looks like someone is trying to figure out how the Asshat does it.
That’s Lukey at the Nakama celebrity cook-off.
Lots more photos here.
(h/t Liz, whose friend took that photo and Jim, for tipping me off about the BarSmart photos)
Q: It’s almost November and I still see a lot of people — especially guys — wearing khaki pants. Aren’t those out of season now?
A: Basically, yes. Pittsburgh, with four distinct seasons, isn’t one of those tropical climates where you can wear khakis nonstop. Although we’ve had some recent Indian summer warmth, khaki pants should have been cleaned and packed away by early September at the latest. Like seersucker, khaki fabric is too lightweight to wear in cold weather. For those who don’t know what to replace it with when jeans won’t do, options range from wool blends and corduroy to moleskin and suede.
1. Yesterday, I saw an amazingly hot, tall, blonde chick walk down Fifth Avenue wearing gorgeous white pants with a black turtleneck and black boots. I didn’t see a thing wrong with it.
2 I wore white pants with a black turtleneck and black do-me boots last week. I didn’t see a thing wrong with it.
3. I knew there was a Don’t Wear White After Labor Day Rule (which I ignore), but Don’t Wear Khakis After Labor Day? Really?
4. I hope you boys are scolding yourselves that you didn’t clean and pack your khakis away EARLY last month. At. The. LATEST!
5. Show of hands, gents. How many of you were lost in your closets this morning, standing in your boxers, socks and a sweater while ripping out khaki after khaki all, “Honey?! Where are my damned seersucker pants?! Or my moleskins? Or my sexy sexy suede pants?! Is it too much to ask that I have at least my suede pants available to me?! Those hos ain’t gonna pimp themselves out!”