Cleaning up.

Reader Jenn wrote in an email with the subject of “New Nominee for Smokin’ Hot Burgher”:

Hi Pittgirl!

Max Talbot. Please?

And I was like, Max Talbot?

Geico caveman Max Talbot?!

Jesus Max Talbot?

Oh, heck no!  I’ll name Steely McBeam a hot Burgher before I name Max Talbot!

Jenn offered up proof from the P-G’s Empty Netters blog because apparently Shelly Anderson is a lucky bitch and got to go to Sweden with the team.  Here’s the photo I’m going to lift from the P-G and hope they don’t tell me to take it down for at least ten years:

Holy crap!  Max Talbot looks superfine in those glasses and it takes some serious hots to pull off the unicorn look.

However, one hot photo does not a Smokin’ Hot Burgher make.  But I’ve got my eye on him now.

Also, Tyler Kennedy has an unfortunate nose.

That is all.

1. Rachel
    October 1, 2008 8:36 am

You HAVE to look at the Penguins Town Hall meeting on the Pens TV site. They bring on some of the guys at the end and Max is there and so cute and hot with his accent you can’t stand it. (Fleury too!) This will seal the Smokin Hot Burgher deal for you.

2. Mean Gene
    October 1, 2008 8:40 am

I just bought new glasses and I think I got the exact same frames at Max. Taste. I haz it.

3. shouldbworking
    October 1, 2008 8:44 am

Max Talbot is hot. Sweaty caveman and all. Where have you been P-girl?!

4. maxtalbot
    October 1, 2008 8:56 am

I thought my hotness was manifest all this time? PittGirl, put down the Zima.

5. Seth Rorabaugh
    October 1, 2008 8:58 am

PG,

Take that photo down in 11 years!

6. Maria
    October 1, 2008 8:58 am

Max has a hot French accent too. He is a Smokin’ Hot Burgher…you will see in time. Also, Tyler Kennedy looks like he belongs in Whoville. Now you’ve got me thinking…have you named Sid a Smokin’ Hot Burgher? Or Fleury?

7. pittgirl
    October 1, 2008 8:59 am

Seth,

Yes sir!

8. Jill
    October 1, 2008 9:05 am

don’t take the photo down period. I think I might have to put it in the “special” drawer beside my bed. Kennedy’s nose is jacked up because he’s a scrapper. I wonder if I can get a life size picture and hang it on my ceiling above my bed??? thoughts?

9. rachel
    October 1, 2008 9:08 am

Wow, lets hope he keeps this look up. Definitely an improvement — he looks GOOD!

10. Becky
    October 1, 2008 9:19 am

Dude he is hot..My sister says….like hot in a “I’d let him do dirty things to me” way…..

11. youngest of 5
    October 1, 2008 9:23 am

anyone else think he bears resemblance to Val Kilmer? Top Gun hot Val Kilmer, not “I am now looking like a beached whale” Val Kilmer.

12. Katie
    October 1, 2008 9:32 am

Hmmm, I can definitely see where you got Val Kilmer from….

Damn, he’s looking good though. Not everyone can pull off a Viking helmet like that…. Can I self unite with this picture of him?? You know, just this pic in case he goes back to his crazy stylings during the season then I won’t feel too bad… :)

13. Mrs Pitsberger
    October 1, 2008 10:32 am

I say he’s a Smoking Hot Burgher. Of course, I would say that, seeing as how I’m his self-united wife and all.

14. Sooska
    October 1, 2008 10:51 am

Max is definitely a Smokin Hot Burgher. No doubt.

If you really want to see more Smokin’Hot Penguins Burghers go to pittsburghlive.com and find Potash Postcards and see his photos. NOM NOM NOM! Whom shall I self-unite with today? Let’s see…

15. Pensgirl
    October 1, 2008 11:30 am

If you did crown Max, he’d have a lot of fun with it. I bet he’d bring it up in interviews. “How did you feel when you scored that goal?” “Like a Smokin’ Hot Burgher.” And someone would have to make sure Fleury knew.

Smokin’ Hot Burgher or not, Max may well be the Most Huggable Penguin, and that’s saying a lot on that team.

Also, be sure to check out the photos Dan Potash has taken. I won’t spoil the fun, but the first shot is absolutely priceless.

16. Kylie
    October 1, 2008 11:59 am

I’ve thought he was a Smokin’ Hot Burgher for quite some time, even during his Jesus and Dirty Caveman phases. I went to practice about two weeks ago and he’s got a smokin’ hot car to go with the title. A BMW convertible, that is no doubt compliments of A & L Motors. My friend accurately exclaimed, “Good God, that thing is sex on wheels!”

17. captain dummy
    October 1, 2008 12:30 pm

ummm… i’ll bet cash that mad max steps right over the “smokin’ hot burgher” title, and right into the same fug catagory as skippy skeeve… i’m just sayin’… and hatin’ a little… lol

18. Jimmy
    October 1, 2008 1:43 pm

I’ll take him over Sidney Crosby any day. Yum!

19. PghGirlNextDoor
    October 1, 2008 2:55 pm

Oh my dong. (PS – I say OMD instead of OMG. It amuses me. Moving on…)

You know, I always thought he had something hidden under all that…craptasticness…but now I SEE IT!!! I agree that he should not yet be named a Smokin’ Hot Burgher but WOW. That pic is HOT!!

20. Alison
    October 1, 2008 6:50 pm

i always thought max was hot, at least when he was in his jesus funk.
    then again, i have a thing for kurt cobain.

21. PittCheMBA
    October 1, 2008 8:20 pm

The phenomena is called “Puck Bunny”. From Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_bunny,A puck bunny is a female ice hockey fan, often one whose interest in the sport is primarily motivated by sexual attraction to the players rather than enjoyment of the game itself. The same can be said for Big Ben, except PittGirl would probably call them “FUG Bunnies”.

22. spoon
    October 2, 2008 7:41 am

bwhahaha Fug Bunnies

I love the logo of the team the Pens are playing today