Please my eyeballs, damn it!

In what appears to be a cry for new content, the P-G has written an entire article on the proponents and detractors of the color yellow-green that is popping up on construction workers, road signs, and crossing guards.

Or if you’re reading in preschool, that would actually not be your Yellow-Green Crayon but would be your Inch Worm Crayon.  You’re welcome, kiddo.  PittGirl loves you.

Ms. Eiseman of Pantene says the color — the hottest of the greens — has so much pop because it is such a saturated hue. Maybe too saturated in her view. “I get it, but of all the greens available to choose from, my choice would be a little more subtle, not so in-your-face, knock-your-socks-off green.”

Yeah!  Put something subtle on there, maybe the color of a tree or a bush.  So I can run over kiddies and knock their socks right off of their feet.  Screw the kiddies!  Please my eyeballs!

Ms. Dutka uses a muted version — an apple green — in decorating and loves it. But she is not sure if the color would cross over to fashion. “I don’t care what color your hair is, fluorescent lime green is not going to do much for anybody.”

Except Lukey.

Also, LaMont Jones in the Chartreuse Hip-Huggers is the new Rickroll.  Spread the word.

1. JamieO
    October 1, 2008 9:11 am

That article reads like something out of The Onion.

I understand design and all, but, you know, this is like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy telling the military their camo is too drab and they need more jaunty tones.

I do have a recommendation for traffic signs, Ms. Pitt Girl, that would greatly improve traffic safety. These signs need to be changed from, say, “Stop”, “Yield” and “No Tailgating” to “STOP YOU F______ MORON!” or “YIELD YOU SMUG ASSHOLE!!” or “NO TAILGATING YOU CAN’T PLAN YOUR LIFE LOSER!!”

That way, the, um, people who nearly kill you because they seem to be ignoring the signs might pay more attention because the signs will now be addressing them directly.

2. c
    October 1, 2008 9:14 am

Totally unrealted but… Did you hear Willard Scott’s Today’s joke?
    What is the difference between a pigeon and a stock broker?
    The pigeon can stil make a deposit on a Ferrari! hahahaha

3. Deutschtown Frau
    October 1, 2008 10:45 am

Using the phrase “tested out” — the FHA “tested out the fluorescent yellow-green” — is a sure sign of watching lots and lots of design shows. In Design Land, they “change out” boring lamps for new ones, they “swap out” old chairs, they “build out” built-ins, they “test out” paint samples. As if the extra syllables = more important work.

And I say this as a design show fanatic.

4. rhet_prof_NC
    October 1, 2008 11:09 am

What I find truly hilarious in the first quote is that the P-G didn’t catch the Pantene-Pantone error. When you read that in the context of green hair color instead of the authoritative source on all things print and color, it takes on a whole new and fascinating meaning. Who knew there were so many shades of green hair and shampoo?

5. chrys
    October 1, 2008 11:53 am

Deutschtown Frau, I, too, am a design show junky. I use those terms when I am trying to talk my husband into “swapping out” an old piece of furniture for a new piece, “test out” repainting the living room for the 6th time, and “knocking” down the wll between the kitchen and dining room to “open up our living space.”
    I have learned using those terms can sometimes work to my advantage..LOL! Almost.. I am still trying to talk him into the “knocking out the wall” idea.

As for the article itself.. kind of silly.. There must be some kind of important news out there.. right? :)

6. Sooska
    October 1, 2008 11:57 am

psycho-physicist?

7. PghGirlNextDoor
    October 1, 2008 2:57 pm

“It’s like having Paris Hilton to lunch every day,” said Nick Hale, a psycho-physicist and color consultant who lives in Florida. “It’s too much.”

COLOR CONSULTANT? FOR REAL? At what point in your life do you decide that you want that job? And how exactly do you become qualified?

This article is ridiculous.

8. Deutschtown Frau
    October 1, 2008 3:25 pm

@chrys — Important news? Well, there’s the style disaster of the Steelers’ uniforms Monday night…

I’m intrigued by your description of getting your husband to update things around the house. Here’s how it goes in our home. Me: It sure would be nice to get a little grill for the patio — then the [tiny] kitchen wouldn’t get so hot in the summer. Him, two years later: I’ve been thinking about getting a grill…

BUT … progress! Last week he suggested we take a chunk out of our daughter’s bedroom to build an alcove on the other side to set our entertainment center into, so the TV screen would be flush with the family room wall. “Or,” I proposed, “we could leave the shared wall exactly the way it is and put the contractor’s costs into a large flat-screen TV!” This idea is one we’ll be moving on quickly.

October 2, 2008 8:39 am

wow, why all the hatin’ on the steelers’ throwback unis? I totally dig ’em — well, maybe not the yellow helmets so much.

but, at least they didn’t bring back the mid-60’s style uni — but, I’m sure that lamont woulda loved it.

10. gumbygirl
    October 2, 2008 7:58 pm

I too am hopelessly addicted to HGTV and FLN. BUT- one thing they all do, and it drives me screamin yellow bonkers-is they say kitchen area, or dining room area. Attention, employees of the Dept. of Redundancy-a room, by definition, IS an area.No need to say it twice.

11. hello haha narf
    October 12, 2008 9:36 pm

i was out of town for two weeks on business and i return to the new rickroll??!?!?!!! you are cruel. funny, but cruel. now i gotta find the brain bleach before bed. don’t need nightmares…