Random n’at.

1.  Yesterday, the family, including Ohio Sister, gathered at Mother and Father of PittGirl’s house to watch football and hockey and eat S’mores around the fire.  I should tell you that Ohio Sister is a world-class S’mores maker.  She slow roasts the marshmallows over the very top of the fire.  This cooks that sucker all the way to the inside ensuring that the marshmallow melts the chocolate.  Then she puts peanut butter on the S’more for an orgasm on graham crackers.

Anyway:

As the hockey game was starting and the six hundred anthems were being sung:

PittGirl: Hey, Pens Fan?  I had a reader email me this week and tell me how hot and attractive she finds Tyler Kennedy.

Pens Fan: Was it Miss Piggy?

Pens Fan is such a snarky bitch.

2.  Sage advice from LaMont Jones about buying a winter coat:

• Try on a coat before buying it. Always.

Brilliant!

3.  Skippy Skeeve got his own show! The Jeff Reed Show!

One of his co-hosts is LauRen Merola.

Now, Burghers, I did not stutter on the shift key.  That’s how she spells her name.  Not Lauren.  LauRen.

Also, listed as LauRen’s first thing she enjoys: Spinning.

Spinning!

Awesome.

Check out her MySpace because boys, I think you’re gonna like it.  Except for her profile picture.  Why is she standing like that?

(h/t J who tells me the promo video is painful to watch.)

4.  Screw it.  Forget models on the Skippy Skeeve Show who love to spin and who have six kajillion pictures of them looking like pure hot sex.

The next Smokin’ Hot Burgher is NOT LauRen.

It’s ‘Snot Rocket Science.

5.  Readers all over are sending me pictures to support their belief that Maxime Talbot is smokin’ hot.  I must admit that he gets more and more attractive every day.

I think I need to stop drinking.

6.  Reader Addie won the Steelers/Giants tickets when I drew number 115 via Randomizer.

If I don’t hear back from Addie in 24 hours, I’ll draw a new number.

Dom at ineedtwo.com tells me that he will have other tickets for giveaway for other games this season, so maybe next time will be your lucky day.

1. Tony N
    October 6, 2008 11:53 am

It was a good idea for the contest… I loved reading all the classic lines. The tough part was coming up with something that hadn’t already been used.

2. Marcy
    October 6, 2008 12:06 pm

OK, so I clicked thru to Lau(R)en’s MySpace, and WTF is up with that dress she wore for Miss Pennsylvania? She’s obviously a knockout but the dress looks, in the words of Michael Kors awfully “Becky-Home-Ec-ky” Did she make it herself??

3. ic lion
    October 6, 2008 12:15 pm

Wow, the Jeff Reed Show. . .so much to say. . . 1. The Bus I understand. 86 too of course. But is Jeff Reed really enough of a model citizen Steeler to get his own show? 2. The two girl hosts- a model and a nurse. Is this some sort of Skippy fantasy land that we are all invited to? 3. Skip’s own bio says “Reed helped bring home a Vince Lombardi trophy with a perfect 3 for 3 PAT performance in Super Bowl XL.” Really? Couldn’t I have been 3 for 3 in PATs in XL? 4. It also says he once kicked a “54 yeard field goal” . . . clearly LauRen is chief editor too. 5. Maybe what made me laugh the most though was Heath’s bio as their next guess- “Heath Miller is an American football tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL.” Glad they cleared that up that they are talking about “American football” for all the foreign nationals who are going to be tuning in. Talk about Wiki Ctrl+V.

Oh this show is gonna last. . . I can tell.

4. Amy
    October 6, 2008 12:46 pm

So, I’m waiting for your post-show write up, but as I wait, I want to share some exchanges I had with my honey. He’s from Cinci and a huge Bungle fan, but he still watches the Steelers cause he knows who’s better this year!!

Honey – “The Alamo!!! I want to see the Alamo!!!”
    Me – “WTF? You know his name is Asshat!”
    Honey – “Sure, but did you hear John Madden?!!! San.. anton..io Holmes…”

(Early in the game, Davenport makes a pretty good rushing play)
    Me – “You know what PG calls him? The Defecator!”
    Honey – “Why?”
    Me – (I explain the story)
    Honey – “Well, I’m calling him Greyhound now”
    Me – “Why?”
    Honey – “Did you see how fast he was on that rushing play? He must have dropped a load on the sidelines!”

5. PittinDC
    October 6, 2008 1:10 pm

I thought this was funny from Bill Simmons’ Week 5 picks column:

SPORTS GAL (-3) over the other wives
    The mere sight of Troy Polamalu caused her to Google “Samoa” on Monday. Did you know Samoa is between Hawaii and New Zealand?

The Sports Gal is so one of my heroes.

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 6, 2008 1:39 pm

The photos in the image gallery from “The Jeff Reed Show” reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer had his apartment set up like a talk show. Hah!!! Is this show being shot from his living room?

7. Sarah
    October 6, 2008 1:45 pm

NY Luvs Pitts, you hit the nail on the head. That looks like my attempt to film a talk show when I was a freshman in highschool.

Also, what is with the nurse? I get that Miss PA, LauRen (seriously? spell your name like a grownup… I stopped calling myself SaRaH in highschool) might not have anything else to do… but doesn’t an ICU nurse have, oh I don’t know, a job? Patients? Aren’t nurses on call too?

8. Chris
    October 6, 2008 1:49 pm

PG’s favorite attorney – David Shrager – is a show sponsor. I’m not sure who that speaks less highly of, Shrager or Reed.

9. Kylie
    October 6, 2008 1:56 pm

PG,
    You don’t have a drinking problem. Max IS hot.

10. Chuck
    October 6, 2008 2:16 pm

I actually stumbled on the Jeff Reed Show. She is a major bimbo and the show is a train wreck. Just too bad to watch.

11. wshicldtel
    October 6, 2008 2:19 pm

Rumor has it that the Michele is Hine’s new girl.

12. JayTeb
    October 6, 2008 2:34 pm

Um, spellcheck? “Only kicker to kick a 54 yeard field goal in H.S., The Longest in school and 2nd longest in state history.”

What’s up with those 2? I have NEVER seen Skippy out in public without him….

13. Mrs Pitsberger
    October 6, 2008 2:47 pm

I don’t know anything about whether you’re a drunk or not, but yes, Max IS hot.

14. B.o.b
    October 6, 2008 7:05 pm

Personally. I think the set that Kramer had in his living room was better than Jeff’s. I mean you can tell that all Jeff did was put a giant piece of cloth on the wall and said ‘Okay! We’re done!’ and if you need proof here’s the link to see Kramer’s set:

15. PittCheMBA
    October 6, 2008 11:10 pm

#3 – LauRen reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Cosmo Kramer was a pageant coach for Miss Rhode Island.

16. John