What They’re Really Thinking: Movies Edition

While watching the Cincinnati game, TJ Houshyaddayadda pops on screen:

Brother In Law:  He looks like a runway model.

Family of PittGirl:  [blink] [blink] [BLLLLLLLLLLLLL]

Yuck.

He tried to clarify that by “runway model” he meant, “you know, ugly.”

Right.

That particular BIL is color-blind so maybe he can’t see fug really well in his weird world.

Before we get on with the recap, reader Christy was at the game and wanted us to see what the Jaguars call their stadium clothing store:

Jagwear.  HAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAH!

Jagoffs.

Also, she wrote:

Oh, AND we saw Lukey at the game (p.s., he was sitting behind me…thought he might want to “move that ticket forward”…he he)!  He was also on our shuttle from the stadium back to the lots a few miles away.  I might be mistaken, but does that guy seriously have a bodyguard of some sort?  Whatever…

That’s how he rolls.

Moving on, in light of all the awesome movie quotes you guys gave in the 717 comments to the Steelers ticket posts, let’s get on with the game recap, movie style.

1.  Again, the first part of the game was scary.  Scary bad.  NOTHING was going right, not even for Hines Ward who I think dropped what?  Three passes?  Yikes.

(Dumb and Dumber)

2.  Skippy Skeeve is still kicking 100%, but got hurt and there was no shortage of fans willing to volunteer to nurse him back to health.

(Dude, Where’s My Car?)

3.  The Duke of Fug and the Earl of Gross was intercepted, the O-line was porous, the running backs were hitting walls.  The Jaguars were eating us alive.

(Silence of the Lambs)

4.  Then.  Things started going wrong for the Jags.

(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

5.  Benny was suddenly on fire.  Hitting numbers, throwing spot-on fades, evading sacks and converting.  He was a one-man show!

(A Chorus Line)

6.  The Fug Bunnies LOVED it and they let it show.

OMG.  It’s a thing!

7. An aside:  the roughing the passer call on Harrison was total, absolute, 100% bullshit.

8. Another aside:  The Asshat cannot return a punt to save his giant penis.

9.  Mewelde Moore ran like he had something to prove, the O-Line held the Jags to only three sacks, which, come on … HUGE improvement, Troysus prayed, towels waved, enemy defeated.

(The Wizard of Oz)

10.  And Mike Tomlin can now give a giant “Nyah!” to Bob Smizik for his “mediocre” comment.

(The Titanic)

Indeed, you are.

1. missingPA
    October 6, 2008 9:24 pm

I was just commenting to my husband yesterday about how TJ Whosehewhatsits creeps me out and I’m not sure exactly why. The guy just looks creepy.

Loved #’s 1 and 5. I was laughing so hard I had to cover my mouth to keep from waking up my daughter.

2. dahcheet
    October 6, 2008 9:38 pm

I don’t know why but every photo captioned with an appropriate (or inappropriate) “OM NOM NOM NOM” ALWAYS gets me laughing.

3. Deutschtown Frau
    October 6, 2008 10:36 pm

Um, actually, I think TJ’s a lot better lookin’ than most. If you do Google Images with his name, you’ll get a video of him with a boxer named Mosley — pretty good-looking. Definitely not fug. Depends on the expression in his eyes.

4. PittCheMBA
    October 6, 2008 11:06 pm

Holy Cheese and Crackers, I can not believe there is an actual FUG Bunny in the crowd.

5. Sue
    October 7, 2008 6:58 am

Pitt girl,

You Piss Excellence!

“Ricky Bobby” aka Big Ben

6. DisplacedFromPitt
    October 7, 2008 7:07 am

Am I the only one that laughed with the “nom nom nom” then gasped when I saw it was quoted from silence of the lambs. I wanted to keep laughing but it was disturbing to laugh at that movie…

7. Brian
    October 7, 2008 8:39 am

I’m down with the “Dumb and Dumber” reference. My favorite line from the movie. Easily.

8. ic lion
    October 7, 2008 8:52 am

My favorite part of the Fug Bunny picture is “Welcome to Teal Town” on the scoreboard in the background. Nothing says rock-em’-sock-em’-beat-your-ass-into-the-ground-football quite like “Teal Town.”

9. Jeff the Speech Therapist
    October 7, 2008 8:56 am

As long as we’re quoting movies, I gotta pull out my Green Goblin (stupid mask and all) reference for the start of the game:

“MISERY, MISERY, MISERY!”

I guess it was karmic retribution for telling my one buddy’s chick that she must really be into pain if she’s a Browns fan.

Then everyone woke up and played well (well, mostly) and I wondered just what it was that _I_ was really into.

10. Mrs Pitsberger
    October 7, 2008 9:18 am

Mr. Pitsberger and I have nicknamed him T.J. Douchebagzadeh.

And I think your BIL is the one with the drinking problem.

11. TBD
    October 7, 2008 9:42 am

Oh great recap, pics AND quotes.

#2 – Look like nasty sl&ts. As in not good nasty just nasty nasty.

#4 – Still the best movie ever. Great that Mr. Jagoff Jag’s fan has the deer in headlights look and though other teams can steal our terrible towel ideas they aren’t smart enough to figure out which side is up. Moron.

#8 – So sad. So true.

#10 – King of Steeler Nation to be sure.

12. Jess
    October 7, 2008 10:20 am

Hey go easy on ‘Housh, PG! As a ‘Burgher living in Cinci (where we have Martino’s, our home away from home), I probably see him a little more than some of yinz. This being the case, I have to say (looks aside) he is one of the few Bungles I like; plays hard, makes key receptions, acts humble (compare to “Oucho-stinko”),.. Reminds me a bit of Heinz actually. Also really nice to my son when his pee-wee football team went to PBS, even though the boy is a Steeler fan.

13. LA
    October 7, 2008 10:37 am

Fake-breasted sluts rule!

14. Sarah
    October 7, 2008 10:44 am

Wow, that Fug Bunny thing caught on in what? A week?

And it made it all the way to FL!

15. Dan (Not Onarato)
    October 7, 2008 10:48 am

An alternative quote for #2 could also have been:

“Look at the fun-bags on that hosehound”

Dumb and Dumber

16. Maria
    October 7, 2008 12:15 pm

Number 5 makes me want to drop out of college and write Steelers: the Musical.

17. kkinLA
    October 7, 2008 12:54 pm

OMG. The Chorus Line caption WITH the photo…PittGirl, you have outdone yourself! Laughing so hard right now!

The whole “Jag” thing is just too easy…it’s a joke that practically tells itself! The husband and I only refer to them as the Jacksonville Jagoffs. Puh-leeze! And they revealed their true jagoff-ocity during the game! Losers!!

And, responding to MizPitsberger–my husband and I always call him “douchemanzadah”–because he IS one!!

So sad that we have a bye this week!!

18. Still A Fan
    October 7, 2008 10:35 pm

jess…you mean like the time he cleaned his shoes with a Terrible Towel? he’s an ass.