Random n’at.

1. I saw a squished pigeon on Fifth Avenue yesterday as I defiantly jaywalked across.  Flatter than a stack of Santonio Holmes’ fan mail.

Yesterday was a good day.  I mean, what can go wrong on a day in which you get to grind your boot heel into the bloody oozing innards of a pigeon carcass?

Good day, indeed.

Also, that hot chick in a turtleneck and do-me boots standing in the center of Fifth Avenue yesterday, jumping up and down on a dead pigeon?  Totally not me.

2.  It is only the beginning of October and Lukey is ALREADY losing the War on Snow.

Snow removal prep falls behind

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

With winter around the corner and the job of redrawing city snow removal routes incomplete, the city of Pittsburgh official assigned to that task has applied for disability benefits, leaving the effort adrift.

I can’t imagine Lukey having to reassign troops is going to bode well for the upcoming Battle on the Potholes.

3.  I had planned to write in Hillary Clinton (Again.  Just kidding, Dad.  Don’t die!), but now I’m going to write in Sophie Masloff, just so I can wear this new Wear Pittsburgh shirt to the polls.

4.  If you ride a PAT bus to work, you might want to start dusting off your personal jet pack.

Port Authority of Allegheny County is on track to run out of money in less than two months, weeks earlier than anticipated, county Chief Executive Dan Onorato said Tuesday.

It costs about $1 million a day to run the agency.

“Port Authority could be out of money by Dec. 1,” Onorato said.

You know what the Port Authority needs?

Some competition.

5.  Hines Ward’s mom don’t take no shit from him.  None of this end zone pass-dropping shit to be specific.

6.  Because I don’t think clowns, cats, howler monkeys, spiders, scientologists, and dead-eyed baby dolls are enough to haunt your dreams, let me add just one more to the equation.

FREAK!

(h/t Nay Nay)

7.  Jeff Reed continues to balance out his slut-loving skeeviness by doing good things.

(h/t ExPatPghGirl)

8.  Extreme Makeover Home Edition is coming to the Burgh and you can volunteer!

Gosh, that picture of Dawson crying NEVER stops being funny.  The video is even better.

9.  My firstest, bestest imaginary self-united husband and my future best friend David Conrad will FINALLY be screening his documentary Tamas for the rest of us.

A full list of movies for the 27th annual event, invariably a lively mix of indies, foreign films and documentaries, will be released next week. However, Pittsburgh Filmmakers yesterday announced a handful of special events and its opening-night lineup for Nov. 7:

Tamas: A Portrait,” the story of beloved Kiski School teacher and coach Tamas Szilagyi, created by actor David Conrad. The film follows Szilagyi as he returns to Hungary after 50 years (Regent Square Theater, Edgewood).

If you go, please REMEMBER YOUR FRICKIN’ LINES.

And let’s add one on just for him:  “Hey, David?  Say ‘forsooth’ for me!”

Bonus points if you get him to say, “Forsooth.  Shut your whore mouth.”

October 8, 2008 9:45 am

Wait, wasn’t the drink tax supposed to solve all of PAT’s problems? I’m confused. Or maybe the bajillions in drink-tax revenues are sitting in barrels with no one to count them.

Either way, y’all are getting your shiny new arena, so I don’t want to hear any whining.

2. kelli
    October 8, 2008 9:45 am

I need that Sophie shirt!

Also, I can’t wait for to see Tamas – not so much because David Conrad made it, but because I know people who know Mr. Szilagyi and from what they’ve told me about him, his story must be amazing.

3. kelli
    October 8, 2008 9:47 am

Oh – and as a PAT rider – I’ve had my bike ready and list of co-workers who could potentially pick me up ready since the contract expired (months ago.)

4. chrys
    October 8, 2008 9:50 am

1. I hope you washed the dead pigeon crap off of the heels of your “do me” boots… ewww

4. PAT sucks.. Years ago I took the “subway to nowhere” everyday. First of all, those drivers are perverts. And quite honestly I had never seen so much gold jewelry in my life. I remember thinking ” Gee, these guys make a lot of money.. and gee they are such perverts!” Maybe Skippy can be a subway/bus driver!

I thought that the drink tax was supposed to “help” PAT…Has PAT ever heard of privatization? bleh

6. That robot is a lot of wrong.. I refrained from watching the video. I enjoy sleep.

5. Ohio Steelers Girl
    October 8, 2008 10:00 am

I’m so glad I went all the way to the bottom of Skippy’s sock letter to see that monkey. My first reaction? “How fitting!”

6. spoon
    October 8, 2008 10:05 am

I bet that 27+ mil from the drink tax is just burning a hole in Dan’s pocket. We all knew it wasn’t going to PAT, it’s going to a general fund all along. Dan was using it as a bargaining chip.

Know what’s going to happen? He’s nuking PAT and bringing in drivers from outside the country at a cheaper pay scale. Biggest bitch I heard was that Danny O wont go to union meetings.

He wont raise property taxes because he’s screwing you in the doopa other ways.

7. Mrs Pitsberger
    October 8, 2008 11:16 am

PG, I love the Sophie shirt, but when the hell are we getting the next Burgh Blog design!?! I need it!!

8. Magnus Patris
    October 8, 2008 11:26 am

#6 I believe the Oxford English Dictionary has the correct spelling as “DUPA”. Also remember that Choke-a-bitchocrat shirts are still available. The perfect attire for November 4th.

9. pittgirl
    October 8, 2008 11:34 am

Mrs. Pitsberger,

Woy likes to tell me “next week.”

So, um, next week?

10. Summer
    October 8, 2008 11:59 am

Y’know, you’re gonna start making me like Jeff Reed.

Maybe he heard that Anne Hathaway thinks philantrophy is an aphrodisiac?

Ha-ha, Princess Mia and Skippy Skeeve. Get THAT out of your head now.

11. retiredguy
    October 8, 2008 12:14 pm

Hah! If you think Danny O is bad now, wait until he gets his hands on the state budget.

Shit, he’s gonna make us pine for the days when Ed Spendell was banging away.

12. JamieO
    October 8, 2008 12:39 pm

Skippy the Charitable Foulness always looks wasted in his team photo, even without the Medusa locks.

13. ultraviolet
    October 8, 2008 2:36 pm

competition is not going to help port authority. privatization of public transit would not solve the issue. in fact port authority was created due to the failure of private companies.
    public transit isn’t like toothpaste were everyone can have their favorite brand and keep switching for lower cost/better taste. just imagine!
    and, having one (or two) private companies, that wouldn’t be any different than now! it does need better managed, thats for certain. i’m sure there’s at least one town in this big world that managed to figure it out…what are they doing right?

14. Still A Fan
    October 8, 2008 6:18 pm

how do you gloss over the fact that the writer of the war on snow article threw in that the plans are “adrift”?

you’re slippin’!!!!

15. gumbygirl
    October 8, 2008 10:38 pm

I must have a Sophie shirt!!! Somewhere around 1990 or so, Pitt played Rutgers in Dublin. My husband was in the Navy, and we were stationed in Scotland, so we flew to Ireland for the game. We got fogged in at the airport with the football team, and my husband and I were talking to Sophie while we waited. She started to choke on a piece of candy, and I was all set to Heimlich the shit out of her when she horked it up. Disaster averted!

16. sherry
    October 9, 2008 8:29 am

i want that shirt!!! thanks for brightening my morning.

17. Pingback: 15211.org Congressman Murtha: Speaking the Truth or Long in the Tooth? | 15211.org