- October 8, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Hot Burghers, Mayor Ravenstahl, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. I saw a squished pigeon on Fifth Avenue yesterday as I defiantly jaywalked across. Flatter than a stack of Santonio Holmes’ fan mail.
Yesterday was a good day. I mean, what can go wrong on a day in which you get to grind your boot heel into the bloody oozing innards of a pigeon carcass?
Good day, indeed.
Also, that hot chick in a turtleneck and do-me boots standing in the center of Fifth Avenue yesterday, jumping up and down on a dead pigeon? Totally not me.
2. It is only the beginning of October and Lukey is ALREADY losing the War on Snow.
Snow removal prep falls behindWednesday, October 08, 2008
With winter around the corner and the job of redrawing city snow removal routes incomplete, the city of Pittsburgh official assigned to that task has applied for disability benefits, leaving the effort adrift.
I can’t imagine Lukey having to reassign troops is going to bode well for the upcoming Battle on the Potholes.
3. I had planned to write in Hillary Clinton (Again. Just kidding, Dad. Don’t die!), but now I’m going to write in Sophie Masloff, just so I can wear this new Wear Pittsburgh shirt to the polls.
4. If you ride a PAT bus to work, you might want to start dusting off your personal jet pack.
Port Authority of Allegheny County is on track to run out of money in less than two months, weeks earlier than anticipated, county Chief Executive Dan Onorato said Tuesday.
It costs about $1 million a day to run the agency.
“Port Authority could be out of money by Dec. 1,” Onorato said.
You know what the Port Authority needs?
5. Hines Ward’s mom don’t take no shit from him. None of this end zone pass-dropping shit to be specific.
6. Because I don’t think clowns, cats, howler monkeys, spiders, scientologists, and dead-eyed baby dolls are enough to haunt your dreams, let me add just one more to the equation.
(h/t Nay Nay)
7. Jeff Reed continues to balance out his slut-loving skeeviness by doing good things.
8. Extreme Makeover Home Edition is coming to the Burgh and you can volunteer!
Gosh, that picture of Dawson crying NEVER stops being funny. The video is even better.
9. My firstest, bestest imaginary self-united husband and my future best friend David Conrad will FINALLY be screening his documentary Tamas for the rest of us.
A full list of movies for the 27th annual event, invariably a lively mix of indies, foreign films and documentaries, will be released next week. However, Pittsburgh Filmmakers yesterday announced a handful of special events and its opening-night lineup for Nov. 7:
• “Tamas: A Portrait,” the story of beloved Kiski School teacher and coach Tamas Szilagyi, created by actor David Conrad. The film follows Szilagyi as he returns to Hungary after 50 years (Regent Square Theater, Edgewood).
If you go, please REMEMBER YOUR FRICKIN’ LINES.
And let’s add one on just for him: “Hey, David? Say ‘forsooth’ for me!”
Bonus points if you get him to say, “Forsooth. Shut your whore mouth.”