Hacked.

Have you noticed lately how the Post-Gazette’s site keeps getting hung up or something?  It actually went down for a bit last night and then this morning, it is very clear that someone has hacked into their site and totally screwed with the weather forecast:

I mean, THAT can’t be right can it?

IT’S FRICKIN’ OCTOBER!  I put all of my summer clothes away!  I turned my furnace on!  I have pumpkins!  I lit candles for the love of God!

[shakes cute little fist at global warming]

1. Stacey
    October 10, 2008 7:36 am

Hey! It’s warmer up there than here in Orlando. Definitely a hacker…

2. A Model Citizen
    October 10, 2008 8:10 am

Figures, I get shipped up to Cleveland (from Tampa, lucky me) for 3 straight weeks of work, and all I wanted was to see this season I vaguely remember, I think it’s called “Fall”. Now it’s going to be 80. yippie

3. Gunnlino
    October 10, 2008 8:31 am

I believe the highly technical meteorological tern for this condition is called Indian Summer.

4. Pensgirl
    October 10, 2008 8:39 am

There hasn’t been any such thing as a real Fall in years. It goes from 80 to 30 within about a week. I can’t tell you the last time any part of the mid-Atlantic had a string of those crisp, pleasant, mid-60s kick-the-leaves-on-the-sidewalk kind of days. I miss them.

5. Ravishing Rick
    October 10, 2008 8:43 am

If Valerie Abati was still around YOU wouldn’t have
    this problem

6. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 10, 2008 8:50 am

Like Tina Fey said in one of her Palin parodies on SNL, global warming is “just God hugging us closer”.

7. Tony N
    October 10, 2008 8:51 am

Shouldn’t that be called “Native American” summer?

8. Ant Annie
    October 10, 2008 9:04 am

PG:

That’s not a hacker – those warm temps are just the hockey gods smiling down on us Penguins fans. There’s nothing better than wearing shorts to a Pens game. Well, the only thing better would be wearing shorts to a Pens game that is during the Stanley Cup finals in June…

Ant Annie

October 10, 2008 9:37 am

Looks just right for Maz Day on Monday.

10. kbl guy
    October 10, 2008 9:54 am

PG, don’t shake your cute little fist at global warming. I’m glad that I will be able to sit outside in the backyard this evening and DRINK after watching the stock market go down the toilet.

11. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    October 10, 2008 9:55 am

That is why I never put my summer clothes away. Well, that and the fact that I’ll sometimes wear shorts to work in the winter cause I’m usually too warm in the office.

12. JamieO
    October 10, 2008 9:59 am

This will probably last until the last week of October, or there about. Probably become really cold then, however.

13. TBD
    October 10, 2008 10:02 am

Keep em coming. This is great. You’ll be shaking that lil something else the first time Lukey looses round 1 vs. the evil Dr. Snow.

October 10, 2008 10:41 am

am I the only fan of global warming?

of course, where the hell is global warming the last half of jan/all of feb?

just happy to be wearing shorts again. though, all of this up/down crap has my throat begging for halls mentho.

15. Magnus Patris
    October 10, 2008 10:41 am

Technically, Indian Summer (Aboriginal American Summer?) doesn’t take place until after the first hard freeze. We haven’t had that yet.

16. Mrs Pitsberger
    October 10, 2008 11:07 am

Whatever keeps my gas bill down…

17. Summer
    October 10, 2008 11:48 am

Amen. I haven’t turned on the furnance yet. Maybe we can make it until November …

18. BurghBoy
    October 10, 2008 12:20 pm

That not global warming, it’s the heat generated from the anger that everyone has towards Palin. Her fat ass is in town today!

19. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    October 10, 2008 4:11 pm

I’d be willing to consider (not actually do it) a date with Skippy-Skeeve or the Duke of Fug in exchange for an Indian Summer type week. Here in the Portland-OR metro area we are in the full throes of Fall — crisp, cold weather, leaves changing colors, grey overcast skies with an occasional sunbreak, and rain, rain, rain. Furnace has been on for a week. Bummer. No more real sun until May.

20. Steelman
    October 10, 2008 4:35 pm

My My BurghBoy we are in a nasty mood today!!!!!!!!

21. BurghBoy
    October 10, 2008 5:10 pm

@Steelman,

Sorry my hate for the Religious Right runs deep. I wish they would drop God and get back to there conservative roots

22. gumbygirl
    October 10, 2008 5:33 pm

I will enjoying the exact same weather here in Birmingham, AL. What I will not be enjoying, sadly, is Fort Ligonier Days. I thought I’d be able to come home for them, but my evil professors at UAB had different ideas, and scheduled midterms this week and next. You cannot imagine how much I wanted funnelcakes, gyros,pierogies, and all the other goodies. Please, everyone-go, enjoy, have some for me!

23. TheJim
    October 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Stop badmouthing the weather! We’ll all be freezing our balls off in short order.

24. John
    October 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Mrs Pitsburger, that’s church.