1. Happy Columbus Day. That day of the year when we celebrate the fact that we don’t live in Columbus, Ohio.
2. Ok. I’m loving the weather. I know I was a whiny bitch about it last week, but as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind without a moment’s notice and expect you to just accept it as part of my charm. Being a woman is the best thing ever. I feel sorry for you men.
Anyway, because of the weather, Mother of PittGirl had a family dinner yesterday and served a delicious Sunday meal on her deck. As we were sitting under the giant red umbrella, gulping down the last few bites of chicken and veggies and sipping down the last few sips of red wine:
Brother in Law: [leaning back in his chair and patting his stomach, looking over at me] Carrot cake.
Brother in Law: I could go for some carrot cake.
PittGirl: Dude. You do not say the words carrot cake unless there is carrot cake to be had. I thought you were offering me some carrot cake.
Brother in Law: Well, there is no carrot cake. Go get some.
PittGirl: You should have texted me to pick up some carrot cake when you texted me to stop and get the rolls.
Brother in Law: Apple crisp.
Brother in Law: I could go for some apple crisp.
I settled for an Oreo. How disappointing for me. Wanting carrot cake and getting an Oreo is like wanting David Conrad and getting Skippy Skeeve.
3. While we’re talking about carrot cake, have you ever had the tiny little shot glasses of carrot cake at PF Changs? Heaven.
4. Really, because the words were spoken, I will need to have carrot cake in the next 48 hours or I’m going to become a whiny bitch again.
5. I’m guessing most of you have seen this commercial by now because it has been posted on lots of blogs, however, in case you haven’t … best Troysus commercial ever:
(h/t SteelersKidd, Bob, the419, PK and anyone else I missed)
6. What we already know:
I am well aware that the Packers, Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins, just to name a few, have great fans who pop up in away stadiums every time their team is on the road. Trust me, it does not compare to Steelers fans. I have played for some of those teams and it is not even close. The Steelers have the best fans in the NFL.
7. I think my mother used to have some of these Weight Watchers cards around the house. Funnier than the cards are the author’s remarks.
8. I love bloggers that make me spew my coffee. Here’s a local blogger that I just discovered, MindBling.
I am sitting there daintily chewing a bite of scrambled eggs when it hits me. I. Am. Going. To. Sneeze. Shit. You know you can’t stop it, it just makes it worse, so I cup my hands over my face, tuck my chin in and hope for the best. ACCCHOOOOOOOOO. “God bless you!” says the entire
I can feel the eggs on my face and hands, and I look down, and my entire breasticle region is covered in mangled bits of my food. I literally had egg on my face.
What to do, what to do. Cry? Run? Dive under the table? Create a diversion? Nope. Not me. I, cool as a cucumber, wipe off my face, brush off my boobs, pick the flecks of egg that had scattered off of my notebook, and continue on as if I had not just shot chicken fetus all over the goddamned place.