Vintage Pitt.

Spotted yesterday on How I Met Your Mother.

Represent!

Also, if you’re not watching that show, you can’t be my friend anymore.

1. cityworker
    October 14, 2008 9:51 am

i saw that yesterday and was like…Old School Pitt??? what is going on! Pittgirl, I think it is time to have an intervention regarding your self-uniting husbands.

2. pittgirl
    October 14, 2008 9:54 am

Go ahead and try. I’ll shoot flame at your “Intervention” banner and then I’ll sic my husbands on you.

3. chrys
    October 14, 2008 10:00 am

I saw this too!! How I Met Your Mother is one of my very favorite shows. :) And I love Marshall.

4. Pensgirl
    October 14, 2008 10:11 am

I love HIMYM, but I missed this one. Oh well, I can watch it online.

I’m curious as to whether the shirt has a context though…isn’t Marshall from Minnesota?

5. Franklyn Kabacinski
    October 14, 2008 1:15 pm

HA! I remember my dad wearing that same shirt when I was about 6 this was circa 76 during the glory days.

6. Stacey
    October 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Last nite’s ep was hysterical…. intervention for speaking with a fake british accent! Ha! Missed the Pitt shirt though, was blinded by the really bad hat.

7. Sofa King
    October 14, 2008 1:21 pm

I already liked this show, now I have to give it an additional eleventy-jillion cool points for that shirt.

8. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    October 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I saw the shirt immediately. Immediately paused the dvr to plurk about it. Yeah, Marshall is originally from Minnesota, but that was a national championship team then, so it might have been picked to be brought back as retro wear, especially since those were the Dorsett years.

Also, a couple years ago, I saw a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio wearing a Pitt hat. The picture was taken, I believe at a playboy mansion party. So maybe Pitt is hip. Maybe I should grow a Wannstedt mustache.

9. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    October 14, 2008 1:28 pm

Minor spoiler below:

Also, the show is so good that it can end the episode with a quick “one year later” scene, not explain missing characters or characters there that shouldn’t be, and it didn’t piss me off at all.

10. ultraviolet
    October 14, 2008 1:57 pm

i have trouble watching that show, seeing alyson hannigan and jason segel go from quality shows like buffy & freaks and geeks to what is well, a mediocre comedy (eh, who still does laugh tracks?!)
    as for the shirt i’d be willing to bet someone on the wardrobe crew is from pburgh. lots of ‘burghers in showbiz!

11. beaner
    October 14, 2008 2:03 pm

i want that shirt.

12. maxtalbot
    October 14, 2008 2:09 pm

beaner, I had that shirt. Eventually it became see-through. A moment of silence, please.

13. kbl guy
    October 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Cool retro Pitt shirt. Love the show. Almost as good as Two and a Half Men.

14. Christine
    October 14, 2008 2:21 pm

This ’80s alum saw it, pointed it out to non-alum husband (who was like, “huh?”), and said a silent Hail to Pitt! Only thing better would’ve been the classic script Pitt.

15. PittinDC
    October 14, 2008 2:42 pm

I saw that last night too! Oh how I love that show!

October 14, 2008 2:50 pm

gotta get that shirt…..

17. Marcy
    October 14, 2008 3:04 pm

best episode yet this season. And I was totally jazzed to see Marshall in the Pitt shirt. He wears a lot of vintage college t’s.

18. downtown worker
    October 14, 2008 3:12 pm

We have it tivo’d but haven’t seen it yet, but for those who like that shirt (like me), here’s a place to buy it. $36 is a little steep though.

19. InSewickley
    October 14, 2008 3:39 pm

I wish I could say the show is funny. But I can’t. :D

20. Charlie
    October 14, 2008 3:42 pm

has it always said Ben Roethlisberger ABOVE the Blog Roll? Just wondering…never noticed it there

21. Brother Anthony
    October 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Sometimes I’ll watch a little of HIMYM. It resembles Coupling which is truly hysterical. Watch that tonight on BBC America.

22. figment
    October 14, 2008 7:14 pm

could the backstory be that Marshall at one point wanted to spite Cleveland native Ted with a shirt from Pittsburgh?

or am I reading WAY too far into it?

and how have we gone this far without mentioning the ridiculous hat paired with Marshall’s t-shirt?

23. scottie
    October 14, 2008 8:30 pm

YEY! You caught that too. :)

24. ErinPatricia
    October 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Im still catching up, Im almost done with season 2
    I know I know, how did I not start watching this in the beginning.

I love it though, so very much.
    Im madly in love with NPH, which my bf dosent have a problem with since he’s totally into Alyson Hannigan

25. Pittsburgh Tom (in NJ)
    October 15, 2008 8:33 am

The ridiculous hat didn’t need mentioning cause it was part of the plot. The intervention was being held to get Marshall to stop wearing it.

On the other hand, the Pitt shirt was just randomly thrown in there.

And by the way, I say the show is due for another appearance by Trudy (aka Danica McKellar).

October 15, 2008 10:48 am

danica mckellar — winnie cooper! ***rowwwwwrrr!!!***

27. Jen
    October 16, 2008 11:01 am

the vintage pitt t-shirt can be found at

but it’s only in med, xl, and xxl

28. Pitt Sucks
    October 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Who gives a shite about Pitt and that stupid old shirt? They haven’t had a national championship in 32 years. Pathetic. And they just broke the top 25? Wake me up when Wannstedt actually has a winning season!

29. Ann Michelle
    November 9, 2008 8:04 pm

Does anyone have ANY idea where i can get this shirt?
    my husband saw it and can’t stop talking about it….
    please help!!!

30. Ann Michelle
    November 9, 2008 8:05 pm

oops sorry…just saw the other post…thanks

31. Ann Michelle
    November 9, 2008 8:07 pm

just went to that site and its not there….any other ideas?

32. Pingback: Random n’at. | The Burgh Blog