Ken Rice, love, and tags. Or. Ken Rice love and tags.

Reader Jennifer wrote:

I wish I read your column this morning, before I left. I just accompanied a client to the taping of the KDKA/PA Sunday show with Ken Rice.  As I sat and watched I was mesmerized by his eyebrows, they are even bigger in person.  Oddly he carries it well though. Most men could NOT rock those eyebrows and be considered handsome.

But more importantly I asked him if he was familiar with your blog and he said enthusiastically “absolutely!”  so of course I asked if he was you, and he very good naturedly didn’t deny it and thanked me for reading.

So he must be a fan or he would have denied it.  Or you are him.  But I wish I had read this morning’s blog so I could have suggested he dress as you for Halloween!  Because that would be very cool.  Hey, I’m still looking for a costume. Maybe I’ll dress as Ken Rice dressed as PittGirl!

He didn’t deny it.  He thanked her for reading.

[blink]

I love Ken Rice.

He deserves a Burgh Blog tag and he’s getting it.

He’s the next Awesome Burgher and his crown is in the mail and by “crown” I mean, “Gosh.  I’ve never mailed myself anything before.  Awkward.”

1. amanda
    October 17, 2008 12:19 pm

i’ve seen ken a couple of times at a suburban mexican resturant (excellent and one of my favs, btw, and one of which i will not disclose for fear he’ll stop going there…) anywho. he’s very handsome in person… the larger eyebrows don’t change that, luckily.

2. kbl guy
    October 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Thank you for not saying which restaurant. Hope the guy can enjoy eating without crazy people all over him.

3. big daddy
    October 17, 2008 12:56 pm

I stood next to Ken at the PNC Park Springsteen concert. He can’t dance at all. (Ken, not Bruce. Bruce can dance like nobody’s business) His unibrow was moving to the beat, however. (Ken’s, not Bruce’s)

4. Laura
    October 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Ken was the emcee at an event for an organization I’m in and I got to sit at his table during dinner. He IS really handsome in person and the eyebrows just add to the attractiveness. He was also really talkative and just seemed like an all-around nice guy.

5. Alethea
    October 17, 2008 2:21 pm

I must be the only one who doesn’t find him handsome. That being said, I met him once. I was managing a coffee shop & he came in a couple days after we opened. I mentioned that he looks familiar & asked how I might know him. His actual response was, “Ken Rice. Famous News Guy.” I almost busted out laughing in his face.

6. Pensgirl
    October 17, 2008 2:55 pm

I thought I couldn’t enjoy Ken Rice more than I did already, and then I read this. Ken, you da man.

7. Elmer Palmer
    October 17, 2008 4:27 pm

I once ran into Ken at a party. As I walked toward a bathroom stall, it open and out sprang Ken Rice. He was fully clothed, but I was a bit startled. I mean, I’m not gay or anything, but Ken is handsome, and somewhat a metrosexual. He smiled and said, “All yours man”. I sprang into the stall, sat down and realized that Ken was also a warm man.

8. Ravishing Rick
    October 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Purple sweater WOW !!!! looks good noon time news

9. Jess
    October 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Elmer, I find that just a little disturbing. I shudder to ask whether he smells good, too.

10. Ravishing Rick
    October 19, 2008 1:19 am

I think Elmer Palmer likes to Palm his Elmer !!!

deleted things somewhere else ,very nasty ,thing about it
    nice purple top

11. bob
    October 20, 2008 7:19 am

Very Sneaky of you to write this article KenGirl

We all know your secrets

12. Foghorn Tom
    October 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Aletha –

Uhhh, it’s called “Self-Effacing Humor” please look it up, dear.

“I’m in TV news”, “KDKA News, lead anchor at 6 PM”, “Anchorman, KDKA News”, etc, etc would have been worthy of a laugh in the face, but “Famous News Guy” screams I’M-POKING-FUN-AT-MYSELF.

Christ, and I thought that blogauthors were supposed to be the sharper knives in the drawer.

13. A-nony-muse
    October 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Ken was dating a female friend of mine in the early 90’s…friendly, unassuming guy. Ken, if you’re reading this- the Barbara Bush costume rocked! So did belting out Frank Sinatra at the top of our lungs after, ahem, a few beers…

Fond memories of the grey wig/black unibrow combo…maybe a foreshadowing of your PittGirl persona?

14. Elmer Palmer
    October 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Jess,

Sorry, I didn’t stop to sniff him. That’s really inappropriate behavior when prancing toward a commode, I think.