- October 17, 2008
- filed under Local media, Matt Lamanna, Penguins, Weather, Weird Burghers, Yarone Zober
1. Now THIS is more like it! More fall-y. More turtleneck-y. More cute little striped scarf-y. More do-me booty. More pumpkin spicy. My kind of weather. My crazy hair’s kind of weather, too. The frizz is finally gone.
2. Reader Amanda wrote:
I just wanted to share with you what I overheard yesterday while waiting for my husband to get his haircut at one of those chain $12 haircut places…. They were actually telling a customer how he shouldn’t register to vote because he’ll then get called for jury duty. “DON’T REGISTER” was said over and over…. I was appalled at the ignorance. I wanted to tell them how stupid they were, but I didn’t feel like it was worth my time. My husband did chime in and tell them that he and I have both been registered for 10+ years and have never been called for jury duty.
Regardless of who you are voting for (CHOKE-A-BITCHOCRAT! Campaign slogan: Mwah-hahaha!) this story is just so ridiculously sad.
Had I been in that salon, I would have piped up with my best Yinzer accent, “And know what else? I heard from my cousin that when you register to vote, the government then has permission to forbid you from wearing spandex. True story.” Because I don’t think I want people that stupid to be allowed to have a vote in who is the next leader of the free world.
3. I went to a Halloween store last night to get giant eyebrows for my Ken Rice costume (two fake mustaches = perfect Ken Rice eyebrows) when I stumbled upon the NAUGHTY AISLE. I must be a sheltered doofus because I had never seen these types of costumes before. A bloody menstrual pad costume, yes. But these? No. I Tweeted two yesterday.
This one is called Snake Charmer:
To which That Night’s Rachel said, “That guy’s grin. What the Effie.” Agreed. Hey, doesn’t that look like Tom Brady? He wishes he had a snake to charm.
And also this one which is called Hung Like a Horse:
To which reader RockinPRGirl wrote, “I’m guessing Matt Lamanna’s would have to be Hung Like a Dinosaur.”
Then Goob chimed in with, “I have faith that the internet contains all; I have faith you are going to find a Donkey Omelets costume.”
Twitter is fun.
4. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Ken Rice was PittGirl for Halloween? Curly wig, scarf, do-me boots, turtleneck, Dunkin Donuts coffee in one hand and the severed head of the Dread Lord in the other. Make it happen.
5. Let’s look at Matt and his gorgeous brain for a moment.
And we’re back.
6. A conversation:
Mother of PittGirl: Your father yelled at me today.
PittGirl: He YELLED at you?!
Mother of PittGirl: Top of his lungs.
PittGirl: Wow! When is the last time he did that?
Mother of PittGirl: Oh, about 25 years ago when he threw the peach.
And that my friends is called Post-Retirement Too Much Togetherness.
Father of PittGirl needs to get a consulting gig during the low golf season.
7. Oh, Penguins. What the hell?
8. A Pennsylvania man ate a 20 lb. hamburger in 4 hours and 39 minutes.
How long do you suppose it took him to puke it all up?
Men are weird.
9. I have a few people in the P-G trying to get to the bottom of the spottiness of the P-G website. Hopefully we’ll have an answer soon because this is The Burgh Blog. Where we get to the bottom of shit.