Random n’at.

1.  Most days, I wake up and my fingertips are just twitching to get themselves some keys to smack around.  Today.  Not so much.

I spent the day ignoring the Burgh Blog, ignoring Saucy (it’s okay.  She’s not speaking to me anyway since I dropped her on the sidewalk twice), and ignoring the fact that I haven’t even looked into writing What They’re Really Thinking.  I might skip this game.

Now, here at 8:00 at night, my brain has welcomed back my wit with open nodes (I have a PhD in Brain and I’m almost positive what I just wrote there is 100% accurate).

Did you hit the blogroll while you were waiting?

2.  Listen, you should sit down because I’m about to give you some very bad news.  News that kind of put me in a funk for a while.  News that I know will hit you as hard as it hit me:

MillerCoors LLC says goodbye to Zima.

The joint venture between SABMiller’s U.S. unit and Molson Coors Brewing Co. told distributors in a letter Monday that production of the malt liquor beverage was discontinued as of Oct. 10.

That is devastating.  No, you.  Devastating is EXACTLY the word I wanted to use there.

(h/t Matt, Mark, DW, Ben, Amanda and anyone I missed)

3.  A Burgher named David is stealing a page from the man who traded a paper clip for a house by trying to trade his way in Steelers memorabilia up from a Terrible Towel all the way to Steelers season tickets.

If this works for him I’m going to try to trade a penny for a million dollars.  Let’s get started.  You give me five dollars and I’ll give you a penny that I licked.  Deal?

4.  PodCamp Pittsburgh 3 was held over the weekend, and some rare shots of PittGirl were taken.  Enjoy:

Could I be DJ Lunchbox?

From Locobone’s Photos

Or maybe Mommy Blogger ClumberKim?

From UncleCrappy’s Photos

Or maybe the reason I fear monkeys is because I’m actually StokeMonkey?

From RockinPRGirl’s Photos

Or maybe I’m That Night‘s Rachel?

From Dave’s Photostream

5.  I don’t know what I clicked on and from where to land on this site, but I would like to think the answer to the question “Who are these guys?” is “Menudo rejects circa 1985.”

What did I win?! Is it a million dollars?!  I’ll give you penny.

6.  More tomorrow when I’m not so BLLLLLLLLL.

And by BLLLLLLLL I mean zzzzzzzzzzz.

October 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Zima, meh, good riddance. Hundreds of wonderful beers out there, can I get a witness, spoon?

2. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 21, 2008 7:00 am

WHAT!!! You will NOT skip “What they were really thinking” for this game. We talkin’ ’bout broken jaws, broken arms and concussions. We just came off of a bye week. Come on PG. Some of us look forward to the “What they were really thinking” segment.

3. TBD
    October 21, 2008 8:05 am

Thats church bucdaddy!

4. Dave Pierce
    October 21, 2008 8:09 am

No love for the site! Haha, just jagg’n…I really want to connect to the Steelers fans out there (and if I am lucky enough… get Steelers season tickets ~ cause what die-hard fan wouldn’t) ~ Even if you aren’t interested in making a deal with me, send an email, from one Steelers fan to another!

Never-the-less thanks for posting a link, the more Yinz’rs find out about http://www.SteelersTrade.com the better!

-Dave Pierce

5. Ant Annie
    October 21, 2008 8:13 am

Nice to see you back – it was hard getting through a Monday without you…

6. ic lion
    October 21, 2008 8:17 am

You clicked on those guys on the right hand side of the red paperclip site.

7. Paperclipz
    October 21, 2008 9:03 am

Serious about the PittGirl-licked penny for 5 bucks? I’d take that deal: I could prob. resell it for more. Hit me up :P

8. spoon
    October 21, 2008 9:20 am

2) That means the Zima bottles I have from 1993 are collectors items
    4) At one point DjLunchbox and myself were BOTH PittGirl at the same time at Podcamp but have no idea who took pictures.

I’m still a firm believer that anyone who wore the PG tag is currently sick and those who aren’t should watch out

9. Julie_Gong
    October 21, 2008 12:13 pm

i saw the zima thing this morning and shed a single tear for you.

10. Annie
    October 21, 2008 1:19 pm

For some reason, the Zima story made me think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine hoarded cases of “The Sponge” and had decide if certain men were “sponge-worthy”. Perhaps Pitt Girl will find some remaining cases of Zima out there and will get to decide who is “Zima-worthy”?

11. JamieO
    October 21, 2008 4:05 pm

So, PittGirl…..

You are in the social media space as well, eh (I mean, outside of your blog).

We here at PSU are considering going to PodCamp4. My group here at Penn State is on the cutting edge of this stuff. Blogs, wikis, vodcasts, podcasts, etc.

12. Still A Fan
    October 21, 2008 7:27 pm

i want the wet penny…and since i bought you the word “burgh” on the big word project…i think i should just get it…..

13. Pingback: All Apologies « Red Pen Mama