- October 22, 2008
- filed under Awesome Burghers, Celebrity sightings, Downtown happenings, Hot Burghers, Ken Rice, Local media, Penguins, Random, Sidney Crosby
1. Despite the fact that 99.9% of the population thinks it tastes like puke, loyal readers are still offering me condolences and ideas about Zima’s demise.
Cynthia is working on an alternative recipe, while the guys at Three Rivers Underground Brewers offered to teach me to make my own, while someone that works for the distributor offered to help me find some of the last cases in the city.
This is me tracing a heart over my heart. Love you.
So, Cynthia’s got one recipe started that I’ll try this weekend, while anonymity declares I can’t join Three Rivers Underground Brewers, and I’m considering seeing if the distributor would trade me the Zima recipe for a licked penny.
I’ll keep you posted.
2. Pennies taste terrible.
3. Speaking of tasting like puke, reader Pens Princess wrote:
I got a new Starbucks drink for ya! Caramel Apple Spice. Try it and let me know how much you love it!
So I tried it. And it tasted like puke. Really.
So on my way home I said to myself, “Self. Father of PittGirl would love this.”
I dropped it off at my parents’ house and he was all, “What? What is this? [sip] Why don’t you like it?”
“Because it tastes like puke.”
4. Here are some more PittGirl possibilities from PodCamp Pittsburgh 3.
Could I be, as many people believe, my butler Woy?
Note the Masloff for President shirt.
Or maybe I’m Dawn who so graciously provided these photos?
Or maybe this cutie:
Or THIS cutie-patootie:
Wow. I want that shirt.
Or maybe I’m behind Should I Drink That?
Or, could PittGirl be some two-headed monster?
Perish the thought.
5. Dear “Jim Lokay”, please get a photo of Ken Rice wearing a PittGirl nametag. KTHXBAI.
6. An email from Johnny from Brewing Up A Cure.
After your post, the hits to our website shot through the roof. I know it was from your post because you became the top site that we got visits from. The event was a great success and we made over $21,000 to donate to Cystic Fibrosis. You can see some pictures of the event.
7. Dennis Roddy is in Slate with his take on the bloviating nincompoop. It is quite the read.
8. Sidney Crosby is the 45th most influential man in the world according to AskMen.com.