Random n’at.

1.  So you were having trouble commenting yesterday, right?  It’s fixed now.  Damn minions.

Needless to say, The Burgh Blog is regularly fraught with mysterious ills.  For instance, right this second as I’m typing, WordPress is telling me I “do not have permission to do that.”

WordPress is about to get kicked in the donkey omelets because I will do whatever the frickin’ hell I want to do, permission granted or not.

Hey WordPress?  Watch this …. qwertyuiop[]\.  Bite me.

2.  Some Craigslist What The Effies for you:

3.  Having a bad day?  Need a laugh?  Watch the Wild Women of Whipoorwill try miserably to do something that most guys can do with their eyes closed and three sheets to the wind.  It is as awesome as it sounds.

(h/t lynnb)

4.  Reader Dan forwarded me a message from what looks like maybe his brother Colin who wrote:

Check out this Cooper’s hawk that was on our roof last night with a pigeon he had caught.  He lives in a nest in a tree above our house.

If you and I are ever playing Pyramid and the clue is “Things that Warm Your Heart” you should say, “Kids…um, babies … Zima … the bloody carcass of a hawk-mauled pigeon.”

Also, how exactly does a hawk kill a pigeon?  Do you think it baits it with a french fry?   Heeeere pidgeeee pidgeeee pidgeeee.  Get the delicious french fry, pidgeee pidgeee.

5.  The Onion skewers Zima’s demise.

(h/t Jamie)

6.  Reader Magnus sent me this image from Babylon 5 to assure me that Zima will make a comeback in 2259, when I’m probably going to be a smidgen less alive than I am right now.

7.  I used to watch Babylon 5 mainly for the romance between Delenn and Captain Sheridan.  What?  Shut up.

8.  Do me a favor?  Go vote for Should I Drink That for a PodCast Award.  It’s kind of a big deal.

1. chrys
    October 29, 2008 10:48 am

I don’t get people.. that Craig’s List shit just gets weirder and weirder.

2. three
    October 29, 2008 11:04 am

Man, I knew Bab 5 was low budget (with graphics made on amigas!), but to plug Zima … wow, I mean … just wow. They must have been really scrounging for cash.

Maybe Garibaldi was just snowin’ everyone by telling them that he didn’t drink anymore, while in reality he was just casually downing Zima and telling them that it was water (which was pretty much true).

Or, maybe it has a taste that only aliens love — kinda like how spoiled milk in “Alien Nation” made the Newcomers drunk. And Lord knows there were tons of them on that station.

What? I’m a nerd. Shut up.

3. Ashley Lynn
    October 29, 2008 11:15 am

…WOW vikings welcome, blood fetishes, cupcakes, and split tongues…. I guess if youre having one of those days that you dont feel normal… screw the psyc go to craigs list and everything wiill be fine!!!

4. Summer
    October 29, 2008 11:48 am

Ever notice how the weirdos always say they’re in town studying special effects? Man, I wouldn’t live in Donora right now for anything.

5. Julie
    October 29, 2008 11:59 am

Today’s edition of Craig’s List What the Effies just made my day. That, and the hawk picture. Awesome stuff.

6. Magnus Patris
    October 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Zima in the 23rd century: “Many consider the sign for the alcoholic beverage an example of shameless product placement. J. Michael Straczynski (series creator) has said, we “got not a dime for sticking in the Zima sign. We just thought… well, it’d be funny.”” Babylon 5… The best show ever… with or without Zima. (Although, Zima made the effects look better).

October 29, 2008 12:22 pm

spoon — you’re welcome.

8. McShovin
    October 29, 2008 12:44 pm

This has probably been said before, but you can always make the smooth transition to the many flavors of Smirnoff Ice.

9. spoon
    October 29, 2008 12:47 pm

if we win I will buy PittGirl some Zima and even chug one.

I appreciate all of the help for our show and helping Pittsburgh get out there as a new media destination! btw, you can vote every 24 hours so do that cuz yer a spiffy person and I won’t send sickpuppy to your house.

BTW, last night on the Wrestling Mayhem Show, Macho Man Randy Savage called in and gave his support of SIDT. He will also be our “vote enforcer”.

10. Pensgirl
    October 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I feel like each edition of What the Effies creeps me out more than the last one. But maybe I’ve just managed to block out some of the past creepsters.

That hawk is all business.

11. Tony N
    October 29, 2008 2:25 pm

That hawk is looking like: “What the F you looking at? Wanna be next?”

12. three
    October 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Magnus Patris — thanks for that bit of info! I should have known JMS would have done something like that just for the heck of it.

I may have to break out my Bab 5 discs and plop down for some hardcore nerdin’.

13. Scott
    October 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Well, hopeless romantic that I am, I watched B5 for (among other reasons) the potential romance between Ivanova and Marcus.

14. John
    October 30, 2008 8:40 am

PG used to watch B5? That’s hawt.

15. pittgirl
    October 30, 2008 10:10 am

Test.

16. PittCheMBA
    October 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Even without the dead pigeon, that is one beautiful hawk.

17. Wo Fat
    October 30, 2008 7:05 pm

That hawk’s facial expression is totally saying, “What now, BITCH?!”

18. pgh412
    October 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Why would that girlll take a picture in granny pantsss? Hilariousss!

19. Bob from Va
    October 31, 2008 12:44 pm

At 5’3″ and 190 pounds, the 23 piercings aren’t her only outstanding characteristics.