Baby Blather

UPDATE:

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl’s wife, Erin, today gave birth to a boy.

Cooper Luke Ravenstahl was born at 9:24 a.m. and weighed in at 7 pounds, 14 ounces.

1.  Rumor: Erin Ravenstahl is in labor and due to give birth to the adorable spawn of Luke Ravenstahl.

On Halloween.

Somewhere, the Dread Lord Zober is all, “Mwah-hahaha.  My plan. It is working.”

If this rumor is true, then my good thoughts go out to the Ravenstahls for a healthy mom and baby.

2.  Troysus’s son is due to be born any day now and that could mean he’ll miss Monday’s game.

When asked Thursday if there’s a chance he may miss Monday’s game, Polamalu said, “I don’t know. We’ll see what happens.”

When asked when his wife is due to deliver their first child, Polamalu said, “She’s due soon … any time now.”

Troy and Theodora Polamalu plan to name their son Paisios.

Paisios?

Did they maybe buy too many vowels from Pat by accident?

(h/t NYLuvsPitts)

1. Brother Anthony
    October 31, 2008 8:55 am

I actually let an “Aww” slip out when I saw that penguin.
    Well ok, not really. But I really felt it in my heart. Cute kid. So much better than the pig with Bill Cowher’s new teeth.

2. t
    October 31, 2008 8:59 am

Luke’s new child will be the most capable person on earth to be the URA director. At the age of 6 months.

3. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 31, 2008 8:59 am

You know PG I’ve been trying to figure out that name since I read the article. Not only is it a weird name but his initials are going to be p.p.(pee pee).

4. JP
    October 31, 2008 9:00 am

Paisios was devout Greek Orthadox monk from last century who wrote a lot on human spirituality. I remember reading Troy Palamalu converting to the Greek Orthadox church. That is pretty cool actually.

5. Sue
    October 31, 2008 9:12 am

Whats the correct pronounciation?
    Is it like the Mexican currency?

6. Pensgirl
    October 31, 2008 9:26 am

1. Halloween is kind of a mashup holiday in terms of its cultural origins, so I can’t remember whether this is Celtic or Catholic or what, but back in the day people believed being born on Halloween offered you lifetime protection from evil spirits. So if the rumor’s true, Baby Ravenstahl will never have to deal with the Port Authority.

2. Hm, “any time now” means there’s a decent chance Paisios will be born on my birthday. Sharing your day with The Son of Troysus…that would have to be a blessing.

7. BagitTagit
    October 31, 2008 9:52 am

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD…

WHO’S RUNNING THE CITY??????

8. BagitTagit
    October 31, 2008 10:01 am

Dude… JP… I don’t want to get into a whole thing here… but…

“That’s pretty cool”???

You’re telling me that if a buddy of yours, and not Troy Polamalu, named their kid Paisios, you wouldn’t:

a. tell them to stop smoking crack and rename the kid.
    b. laugh incessantly behind their back at how ridiculous it is.
    c. tell your son to stay away from their son once they get into Junior High.
    d. all of the above.

I choose d.

9. JP
    October 31, 2008 10:24 am

Whoa how could you make something out of that? I am trying to be nice/ positive for a change. I know I like to take the piss out of P-burgers and can be a bit of an a-hole from time to time but really I am serious here.. I do not think it is ridiculous at all to name your child after a philosopher. I read a little of what he has written and it is pretty profound stuff. Palamalu is a devout Greek Orthodox and I bet he was also impressed by the his writing so what’s wrong with it? I would not laugh at anybody’s name especially a child, and no, I would ot tell my kid to avoid somebody because he does not have a waspy sounding name. He can’t help it if you or your kid are too ignorant to deal with a name that is not a character on a soap opera or tv show Brandon, hunter, Brittany et all, or god forbid another culture. So laugh away I am sure he will find a way to get along without your uneducated/uninformed approval

10. chrys
    October 31, 2008 10:55 am

Aww.. love the baby penguin pic.. :) Congrats to both couples.. I wish health and happines to both families. Babies are such amazing little beings. :)

Happy Halloweenie everyone!! Go out, move forward, and get some candy! And by that, I mean candy… er..alcohol.

11. NY Luvs Pitts
    October 31, 2008 11:01 am

JP,
    How do you pronounce the name?

12. BagitTagit
    October 31, 2008 11:01 am

You’re right… when I name my kid Friedrich Jean-Paul BagitTagit I’m sure he’ll be the most popular kid on the playground. It’s not like expert studies suggest that people who have unique or highly unusual names, considered odd by those around them, can experience great difficulties in their normal social relationships.

Que Sera, Sera. “We should never, even under the worst circumstances, allow a negative thought to penetrate our soul”.

13. MH
    October 31, 2008 11:08 am

Cooper Luke Ravenstahl. Congratulations.

14. JP
    October 31, 2008 11:08 am

I am sure he will be OK, Messier Bagit, I have a distinct feeling he will not be attending the same school or coming anywhere near your kid.

15. t
    October 31, 2008 11:13 am

Does he have the mark of the devil?

16. BagitTagit
    October 31, 2008 11:26 am

Messier?

17. Dan (Not Onarato)
    October 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Congrats to both couples!

Happy Halloween everyone!

18. Kelly
    October 31, 2008 12:33 pm

How many times do you think Lukey or the Doc said to Erin that her labor was “moving forward”????? Or that lil’Cooper was “moving forward” down the birth canal????

Anyway, Congrats to the Ravenstahls!

19. KGC
    October 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Just heard this blurb on 104.7….

“..baby and Mother are doing just fine.”

Great. How’s Erin and the new crumbcruncher doing?
    /rimshot (Thank you. Thank you. I’ll be here all week.)

20. Sooska
    October 31, 2008 4:45 pm

from OrthodoxWiki (yes it exists; find it by the google):
    Elder Paisios (Eznepidis) was a very well-known monk on Mt Athos.

A quote from Paisios: “The soft life makes people useless. ” Troysus says,”Verily!”

I’ll remain neutral on “Paisios;” it could have been “Eznepidis.”

say it: pay-ee-see-os OR pie-ee-see-os

congrats to Lukie and Erin. welcome Cooper. yinz a Burgher now.

21. Bram R
    October 31, 2008 11:32 pm

I’ll say this much, Cooper Luke is an incredibly handsome name.

22. NY Luvs Pitts
    November 1, 2008 5:04 pm

Little Paisios Polamalu was born last night.