Random n’at.

1. Monday. Night. Football!

Let’s hope the stretching cheerleaders don’t mess The Duke up too much.

2.  Hines Ward reportedly texted Ocho Cinco to ask him to tell Keith Rivers he’s sorry he broke his jaw, which by the way is broke in two places and will remain wired shut for another seven weeks.  Holy crap.

“Srry.  Srsly.” is what I imagine the text said.

Stay classy, Hines.

3.  Only 29% of sports fans and only 18% of the general population recognize the name and face of Sidney Crosby.

Really?!

He needs to start kicking sick puppies or something to get those numbers up.  Everybody remembers a guy who kicks sick puppies, am I right?

4.  Cooper Luke Ravenstahl and Paisios Polamalu (don’t call him pee-pee on the playground or his dad will tackle you) were born on Halloween.

5.  Troysus will play today.  Hallelujah for Paisios being so accommodating and getting himself born before the game.

6.  Tomorrow is voting day.  Vote Choke-a-Bitchocrat!

7.  Steely McBeam has his own children’s book called “Here We Go, Steelers!  Here We Go.”  I didn’t just make that up.

(h/t LB)

7.  Sonni Abatta as Britney Spears:

Don’t you boys ever say that I don’t do anything nice for you.  You can practically see a sliver of her inside boob there.

You’re welcome.

Lots more pictures here including Sally Wiggin as Medusa and Alison Morris as Sarah Palin.  UPDATE:  Warning.  That link will also cause you to see Big Bob dressed as Michael Phelps but it looks like he’s dressed as Michael Phelps if Michael Phelps’ crotch ate Troy Polamalu.   There you go.

(h/t Bob)

8.  An email:

Do you remember those goofy Halloween costumes in the 70’s where they gave you an inflatable thing, like a jackolantern or cat, and you tied them on your head?  I think they also gave you makeup and maybe a cape?  It is driving me crazy because I can’t remember what they were called.  You may be too young to remember, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Readers?

9.  The Mon Incline was not working over the weekend due to “computer issues.”

And by “computer issues” they mean “the monkeys that turn the wheels for free bananas both got sick, but they’re back at work today, thank God.”

Computer issues.  Right.  My stapler is more likely to get computer issues than the Mon Incline is.

1. Burgh Baby
    November 3, 2008 11:11 am

You know, when I clicked that link to see good ol’ Sally as Medusa, I really wasn’t expecting all those pics of . . . uh . . . let’s call that guy Michael Phelps Gets Troy Polamalu in a Head Lock. Or something.

Excuse me while go poke my eyes out with a spork.

2. pittgirl
    November 3, 2008 11:16 am

Burgh Baby, I have now placed the appropriate warning.

3. chrys
    November 3, 2008 11:28 am

Big Bob.. Big Wrong.. I think I will be skipping lunch.
    blech…

4. Pensgirl
    November 3, 2008 11:52 am

1. I work in DC, so I could take a posse down to sneak in and stretch in front of the Redskins’ tunnel…it won’t be easy in a pencil skirt but, I dunno, maybe that’s better.

3. There’s a blessing for him in that. He’s such a rock star in Canada and so recognizable in Pittsburgh that it’s probably refreshing to go to places where he can blend in. At least that’s how I would feel.

7. Sonni’s a much hotter Britney than the real deal ever was. If I were the Spears camp I’d hire Sonni to play her from now on.

5. Lily
    November 3, 2008 12:05 pm

8. They were called “Kooky Spooks”

6. Libby
    November 3, 2008 12:13 pm

They gave my daughter that Steeler’s book after it was read to her by James Harrison at an event at SouthSide Works. We read it that night at home (at her request) and now… hmmmm… not sure what happened to it (wink, wink).

She slept fine that night. But my husband and I both had nightmares.

7. Kegstand
    November 3, 2008 1:15 pm

Was Sally Wiggin doing Jager Bombs?

8. Dan (Not Onarato)
    November 3, 2008 1:51 pm

Dang…for some reason its blocked here at work…grrr

Hey PittGirl…what did you dress up as for Halloween this year?

9. Three
    November 3, 2008 2:03 pm

7. You know, in my day, Steelers indoctrination for youths meant you had a Terrible Towel and Steelers lamps, sheets, comforter, PJs, curtains, knit cap for winter, coat, gloves, sweats and at least one t-shirt with an iron-on caricature of your favorite player. And if you were really cool, someone somehow got you an autographed picture of Jack Lambert, and it was framed and sitting next to a picture of Jesus, because they were both the embodiment of God in human form. (However, one wasn’t as forgiving as the other.) You spent quality time with dad during the games by being quiet, getting him a fresh IC every now and then and waving the Terrible Towel when they scored. There were no other colors other than black and gold, as every picture you ever colored proves. By the time you were 8, you were already willing to rip another kid’s neck out if he wore any other team’s logo anywhere near you.

But Steely McBeam in book form, teaching kids that cheer? Srsly? Is that even remotely necessary? The cover alone makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth, muttering, “There is no Steely McBeam. There is no Steely McBeam. The Rooneys would never do that to us. No. No. Not ever. No.”

10. Christina
    November 3, 2008 2:49 pm

2. This reminds me of a Sarah Silverman ep that was on a few weeks ago, where Sarah sent one of her friends a text message because one of her guy friends was having surgery to fix his manboobs – the text was “Srry @ yr titz”.

7. Sonni Abatta is totally hot as Britney. I’m sure a lot of the men on here are wishing she’d be seen around town without any panties on. Do we have paparazzi in Pittsburgh for our local newscasters? If not, it needs to happen. I’d love to see, uh, what Jeff Verzyla is buying on the weekend when he’s out shopping at the local Home Depot. Or not.

11. chick lit
    November 3, 2008 2:49 pm

They were Kooky Spooks! I was the Vampire bat one year :)

12. Brett
    November 3, 2008 2:52 pm

I couldn’t find the Sally picture–which one was it?

13. Foghorn Tom
    November 3, 2008 3:01 pm

Holy stuck shutter button, Batman.

Will somebody kindly tell the folks at that radio station they’re allowed to edit that stack of 116 pics taken by drunk intern(*) doen to 15 or 20 “Keepers” for use on the website.

Thank gawd for thumbnails.

* Hopefully they were taken by an amateur volunteer. If they paid somebody to take those, they got snookered big time.

Aside to Spoon: there’s a band out there that shares your name. They’ve done a lot of decent stuff, and one great song called Don’t You Evuh that kicks butt.

14. LaReina
    November 3, 2008 3:42 pm

Sally Wiggin would make a great Carmen Miranda.

15. Christina
    November 3, 2008 4:17 pm

@ Brett

The Sally Wiggin shirts are probably the best piece of Pittsburgh-related clothing I’ve ever seen in my life. Definitely buying one.

16. Christina
    November 3, 2008 4:17 pm

(PS, Make one for Don Cannon!)

17. Brett
    November 3, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks! I’ll have to look into that… :)

18. sickpuppy
    November 4, 2008 9:54 am

Hey! Who kicks sickpuppy’s?! OUCH!

November 4, 2008 10:07 am

The REAL Britney is looking pretty damn good these days. Never ever ever EVER bet against the comeback. If there’s one thing the entertainment press loves move than knocking them off the pedestal, it’s putting them back up. I could have made money off this.

And I hate Britney.

And I’m still just kinda “meh” about Sonni. My guess is you could stand in Market Square at lunchtime in the summer and see 487 women hotter than Sonni go by. Hope so, anyway, cause it’s just too depressing to think that, though she’s reasonably attractive, Sonni is the best Pittsburgh can do.

November 4, 2008 10:37 am

I’m wiggin’ for that wiggin shirt….

21. ark
    November 4, 2008 1:40 pm

again….AGAIN, no mention of Demetrius Ivory?? He’s in those KISS FM pictures too, ya know! Am I the only one in ‘da burgh who would like to self-unite with Demetrius?

22. TheJim
    November 4, 2008 4:19 pm

The picture of Sally Wiggin at the bar getting Jager shots is priceless.

And I know I say this a lot, but Sonni is hawt like teh fire.

23. JamieO
    November 4, 2008 5:27 pm

Been away from the Burgh Blog for a bit, and have been away from Pittsburgh for longer, and I must ask – who is the disturbingly large guy as Michael Phelps?

Sonni is hot.

I am not surprised at Sally doing shots. I used to work for a non-profit in Pittsburgh and she came to several of our events, and was very cool.

24. pgh412
    November 5, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks so much everyone for Kooky Spooks. It was driving me crazy and none of my friends knew what I was talking about. I was able to google them and cut and paste to show everyone what I was talking about.

25. GOP
    November 13, 2008 8:16 pm

THANK U BUCDADDY! AGREED! SONNI IS NOT THAT GREAT, IN EVERY OTHER CITY, THEIR GILRS ARE WAY HOTTER! SHE’S AVERAGE.