- November 6, 2008
- filed under Ben Roethlisberger, Downtown happenings, Evgeni Malkin, Eye rolls, Mike Tomlin, Penguins, Sidney Crosby, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. I am happy to report that Father of PittGirl did not slit his wrists over the election.
2. Check this out. A Google Street view of Sampsonia Way on the Northside with staged scenes all in the name of art.
You know me and art, we’re like –> THIS <–.
But this is art I find interesting.
Simply click the arrows up and back Sampsonia Way, zoom in, zoom out, look around and see what you can find.
Look for the garage band practice, the marathon, the sword fight (LARP!), what appears to be mad scientists testing out their laser beam of LOOOOVE which causes some foil to fall in love with a microwave. ?. I think. And lots more good stuff. Happy hunting!
3. Speaking of LARP, I found another great great photo.
4. This has got to be a joke. From Greenpeace.org:
The latest victims, it seems, are two pigeons arrested in Iran for espionage:
Iranian security forces have arrested two pigeons suspected of spying on one of the country’s nuclear facilities. The birds were captured near the heavily-bunkered underground uranium enrichment plant in Natanz.
What fate awaits them at the hands of their Iranian captors?
I don’t know, but I hope it involves some sort of ripping or plucking or wringing OF THEIR SCRAWNY NECKS.
Also, I’m going to make a T-shirt that says, “Kill the Natanz Two”.
5. The subject header of an email from reader JP:
Not trying to be an A-hole here but you need to think about these kinds of things when you rail against a community for not being more pro-active reporting crimes like you did in that post a while back.
I’m sorry. I will never throw my support behind the “No Snitching” culture.
If “No Snitching” becomes a way of life, then the communities are simply giving violence free reign and they are handing their streets over to thugs who can be confident their crimes will go unreported and unpunished.
It’s a war. This young man was an unfortunate casualty. But I’m still hoping the good guys can pull out a win.
Ovechkin versus Malkin: I’m taking Ovechkin. I think he could throw ’em pretty good if he wanted to.
Crosby versus Semin: We’ll take Sid the Kid. He’d use his tree-trunk legs to wrestle Semin to the ice.
Mario Lemieux versus Ted Leonsis: Not a very fair fight, but who knows? Maybe Ted has a move or two we don’t know about.
Ray Shero versus George McPhee: Hey, Shero grew up with his dad’s Broad Street Bullies, right?
Michel Therrien versus Bruce Boudreau: The Pens’ coach is a street brawler.
7. So tell me, if you see a chick walking down the street in this shirt, will you assume it is me?
8. Weirdest spam ever: “Gay animal sex!” Really?
9. What if Ben Roethlisberger is just bad?
10. Phil, the ultra-marathoner that is running across the country for the Mario Lemieux Foundation has arrived in Pittsburgh and will be honored at the game tonight.
Phil’s Current Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Miles run so far: About 2950
Miles remaining: About 350
My mind is all [boggle].