As you know, The Duke of Fug and The Earl of Gross is sucking major donkey omelets lately when it comes to playing football.
Now, before you Fug Bunnies come hopping at me with your big angry chompers a-gnashing, I will acknowledge a few things:
- A part of Benny’s poor performance is due to a sometimes shitty O-line that seems to collapse under the weight of a drop of spittle.
- A part of Benny’s poor performance is due to his injuries.
- A part of Benny’s poor performance is due to his receivers (hiya, Asshat!) dropping catchable balls.
IF … and it’s a big IF. IF you Fug Bunnies acknowledge a few things:
- Benny holds on to the ball too long.
- Benny doesn’t run when he should.
- Benny’s not playing good football right now.
Do we have an agreement? Great. Now, that said, The Duke admits he sucks as of late. Donkey omelets to be exact. Big ones.
“You know what? I have played sub-par football to date,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s time for that to change and it will change.
Well, I’d say a 15.1 passer rating is more like sub-triple-bogey football, but why split hairs? The man knows he needs to fix something.
Roethlisberger was asked yesterday if it would not be wise to sit out this week, including the game against Indianapolis, to give his sore right shoulder a rest.
“You all want me to take a week off, don’t you?” he said. “It seems like everyone’s saying that to me.”
He sounds a little hurt by that doesn’t he? But actually, if you watch the video at the P-G, The Duke is very laid back and gracious. And also not looking too Fug or Gross.
But this. This is what had me doubled over in laughter as I carpooled in today with my BIL reading the article aloud to him:
“Ben has his opinion, and, if it is about helping us win and be better, then I concur,” Tomlin said.
Oh, Mike Tomlin. You snarky smokin’ hot beast of a Burgher.