Scum sucking turds.

If you so choose to be a bad person, to whirl haphazardly through life spitting in the eye of Karma, there’s lots of bad crap you can choose to be your “thing.”

You can kick puppies; you can kick pigeons (wait, what am I saying.  That would make you a GOOD person.  Scratch that one); you can be a liar, a cheat, a con, a general no good loser.  You can rub people down with spices and then smack them with large uncooked sausages.  You can tag Westhampsminstershire with your stupid tags.  You can rob purses from old ladies.  You can screw your team by getting caught smoking weed in your late-model SUV.

But it takes a special kind of bad person, a really really evil person, to vandalize an outdoor garden that is used as a playing and learning area for over 100 blind children.  To steal statues, knock down art, and generally make a mess of their space, forcing them to stay indoors on some of the warmest days of the fall when they should be out there playing in the sunshine.

Then?  Then you’re messing with the sick kids and when you mess with sick kids you pretty much are below the pigeons in my book.  In fact, if I had to choose between sucking face with a seriously hot guy who vandalized a school for blind children and a pigeon that might have tuberculosis, I’d be all, “Hey, pidgee?  Would you like a Tic-Tac?”

Whoever you are, you scum sucking turd, may you rot.

But more importantly, may you wake up blind tomorrow so that you might have a taste of what it is like to navigate this beautiful, colorful, vivid world with nothing but your hands and your heart.

You’re the next Annoying Burghers and your crowns are in the mail and by “crowns” I mean the angry fist of Karma.  I hope she does the two-finger eye-poke on you.

(h/t Mysterious M)

1. Burgh Baby
    November 7, 2008 9:04 am

Any idea how we can donate to help them put the garden back together again?

2. John R. Carman
    November 7, 2008 9:09 am

Maybe I am PittGirl.

Asshats like that are why I’m a proponent of video cameras. And two-finger eye-pokes.

3. Christina
    November 7, 2008 9:13 am

This story brought me close to tears last night when I saw it on the news. I’m not the type of person to get teary about sick children, either. The people who did this are truly disgusting, depraved people. Let’s hope that karma eventually finds them and they get what they deserve.

I’m with Burgh Baby. I would definitely donate to help them get their garden back together.

4. lauren_hbg
    November 7, 2008 9:36 am

That’s an awful story – I hate to hear stuff like this, it’s very disheartening.

However, unrelated to the scum of the earth:
    I work for the PA Game Commission, and we get a lot of calls about injured animals. One such call last week was for an injured pigeon. (Note: the PGC is NOT responsible for pigeons – they are not wildlife, they’re pollution.)

Anyway, this lady was telling me about this pigeon she’s been keeping in a cage IN HER HOUSE for the past few MONTHS, because it had an injured foot.

After giving her the correct number to call (who is presumably another crazy pigeon freak), I actually heard her refer to “it” as Pidgee.

So yes, there are people out there, keeping pigeons as pets, and giving them names.

5. Hockey Mom in VA
    November 7, 2008 9:42 am

Hi PittGirl:

Don’t hate me cuz I’m a Caps fan – though I apprciated the photos of the Pens hotties! I used to live in the Burgh and read your blog everyday. Thanks for my daily laugh – you are hilarious. However, this post brought me to tears. I hope they get the two-finger poke and that pigeons poop on their heads for eternity. Seriously, what is wrong with people?

6. Gunnlino
    November 7, 2008 9:58 am

All of you that care may make a donation to:
    Western PA School for Blind Children
    201 N. Bellefield Ave
    Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Or contact the school @ 412-627-0100

Or pritts@wpabc.org

Pittgirl, I apologize for using your good heart for the kiddos but I was unable to restrain myself.

November 7, 2008 10:04 am

“you can rub people down with spices”

WHOA! That was YOU? THANKS! It was terrific! Especially the cardamom part …

Seriously, tho?

“so that you might have a taste of what it is like to navigate this beautiful, colorful, vivid world with nothing but your hands and your heart.”

That is some really good writin’ right there, girl. You might have a future at this blog thingie.

November 7, 2008 10:07 am

Oh, yeah: Kelli? Where’s Kelli? Wednesday in Homestead, right? Look for the guy in the yellow hoodie.

9. Summer
    November 7, 2008 10:22 am

What kind of hateful person can do that sort of thing? Who sees something beautiful, something for children, something for BLIND children, and says: “I’m gonna bust that up”?

It’s random, pointless and very, very cold. I hope this loser’s friends turn him/her in. We oughta take up a collection for an award for whoever turns this heel in.

10. Joey
    November 7, 2008 10:25 am

PittGirl-

Amen.

That is all.

11. Vince
    November 7, 2008 10:40 am

May his pig never grunt, may his cat never hunt
    May a ghost ever haunt him the dead of the night
    May his hens never lay, may his horse never neigh
    May his coat fly away like an old paper kite
    That the flies and the fleas may the wretch ever tease
    May the piercin’ March breeze make him shiver and shake
    May a lump of the stick raise the bumps fast and quick
    On the monster that pillaged this children’s garden.

12. Sofa King
    November 7, 2008 10:56 am

I hope they catch this guy and toss him in jail so his new cellmate and his buddies can run a train on his ass every day in the showers. That’d learn ’em.

13. Kelli
    November 7, 2008 10:56 am

I thought of PittGirl when I saw this on the news last night. I knew she would comment on it – and I knew one of here readers would have the answer on how to help. (Thanks, Gunnlino)

And yes, Bucdaddy – Wednesday. You in a yellow WVU sweatshirt with scruffy friends. Me in a yet to be determined outfit and a scruffy boyfriend. I think we’re going to get along just fine.

14. Sooska
    November 7, 2008 11:02 am

Church, PG. AMEN.

15. Three
    November 7, 2008 11:08 am

Seriously, these jerks don’t have anything better to do than mess with blind kids? Holy cats! Here’s an idea for them — get a frying pan and a video camera. Proceed to record hitting each other in the face with it for kicks, and then put it on youtube. Infinitely more entertaining for the audience than watching them destroy a kids’ playground (which I’m sure one of them recorded and will eventually post somewhere).

16. John
    November 7, 2008 11:20 am

Wow, it’s stories like this that remind me why I’m not a cop. No way I could arrest this fool without accidentally putting my nightstick all the way through his eye. Accidentally, of course.

17. Angie :-)
    November 7, 2008 11:20 am

That is horrible. scum is higher up than people who do this. They should be ashamed.

18. spoon
    November 7, 2008 11:23 am

It really takes a soulless piece of trash to do something like disgusting.

Wouldn’t shock me to find out it’s some kids. Brats today face no consequences for their actions because heaven forbid a parent lays the smackdown on their asses. Instead lets talk about their feelings and give them a hug for being morally retarded.

There’s a place in hell for whomever did this.

19. chrys
    November 7, 2008 11:33 am

Why would someone do such a terrible thing? What is wrong with people? Thank you Gunnlino for the info.
    I do hope the people who did this feel some remorse and return the Butterfly girl statue. I don’t think I will ever understand this. It is disgusting and cowardly.

20. Sad.
    November 7, 2008 12:27 pm

A study suggests that bullies literally derive pleasure from causing or watching pain. Their brains light up with joy. Kind of a “duh” statement IMO, but I guess no one has tested it.

But these ones are too pathetic to even pick on someone their own size (nice call on the frying pans to the faces on YouTube). I’m sure they think it’s funnier that way. Ugh.

21. Bram R
    November 7, 2008 12:29 pm

What you have to understand is, that the people who perpetuate these seemingly senseless acts of destruction are usually just responding in the only way they know how (the only way that makes sense to them!) to a deep and unfortunately perpetual sense of sike no really they are feces.

November 7, 2008 12:44 pm

Kelli: Cool.

Sorry for the threadjack. Now, back to reproval and condemnation. I’d weigh in, but I can’t say it any better than PG. Every time you think humanity (using the term loosely here) has gone as low as it can go …

23. Ex-Pat Pittsburgh Girl
    November 7, 2008 1:06 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out the thief (or thieves) stole the statue to sell for scrap in order to get money to feed their drug habit. Here in Portland, OR we are experiencing a lot of thefts similar to this (although not from schools for the blind). Public artworks, statues from cemetaries, copper wiring from the light rail tracks, and all other source of metals like bronze and copper have been stolen over the past year or so as the economy free-falls and people search for their next fix. Digusting.

24. Foghorn Tom
    November 7, 2008 3:16 pm

on Karma, just to get it off of my chest (thank you, PG)

I guess a new boredom killing hobby for 17-ish chickies is to go buzz a Walmart at midnight or so, grab the power scooter thingys they make available for handicapped customers, and ride around the store in them. Oh yeah, they probably buy something, but it’s all just a big joke, Kennywood without the guard rails.

Everytime I see some of them, I do my Karma dance, I wish upon a star that someday thet really DO NEED one of those, and that the need lasts forever.

25. K
    November 7, 2008 9:23 pm

WPSBC doesn’t serve just blind kids… that’s the big deal about this garden. They serve children and young adults (up to 21) that are multiply challenged. In fact, most of the kids who attend WPSBC are in wheelchairs.

This garden was designed to be accessible and stimulating to kids in wheelchairs who are also visually impaired and, frequently, have other limiting conditions such as breathing problems, eating problems, etc. Their sensory input is already so limited because they may not eat, they can’t walk, and they can’t see. These statues and this garden provided them an accessible place to stimulate the senses that they do still have and are able to utilize independently or with assistance.

26. Burgh Wanna Be
    November 7, 2008 10:07 pm

Hey Gunnlino,

Thank you for the information.

By the way Pitt Girl I think you were being way to nice. I just hope, I never the meet the people who did this, because with my luck I would be the one in jail.

27. medgirl
    November 8, 2008 12:28 pm

Disgusting jerks to hurt special needs children….what a big man you are…whoever you are you piece of trash……I bet your parents are really proud of you!

28. Students mom
    November 10, 2008 8:00 am

I would like to thank all of you who would like to donate to the school. My son is a kindergarten student at the school and I was outraged when I heard the news. He enjoys the garden and it is a shame that someone could stoop so slow to damage a sanctuary at a school for disabled children.