- November 10, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Famous Burghers, Hot Burghers, Steelers, Troy Polamalu, Weather, Yarone Zober
1. Good cold windy leafy morning, Burghers far and wide.
If you live in Miami or Arizona and it’s like 80 degrees today and sunny, try not to be too jealous of us up here in our turtlenecks and cute stripey scarves.
Not everyone can be as lucky as us.
2. Pittsburgh Magazine’s Jonathan Wander interviewed me for their November issue. An interview which he tells me came about as a referral from Justin of STBD fame.
You can read almost the entirety of our IM interview here and you can pick up the magazine to see what Jonathan had to say. The interview will give you some information you’ve already heard and some information that might be new to you, including exactly how old I am, who I love, who I hate, and what I would change about our city.
I love the illustration, like I’m some blogging monster arising out of the confluence (ding!) to tell the whole city to be quiet.
I want that image in a larger format so that I can get it framed or something.
3. Please read Najeh Davenport’s Wiki page and scroll to the bottom and give yourselves a GIANT PAT ON THE BACK! Davenpoop! The Defecator! The Poopetrator! They’re things!
But I don’t think we can take credit for The Dump Truck.
4. Speaking of Najeh, look at Google’s suggestions when I start typing in “Najeh Dave…”
5. An up close and personal look at a PittGirl nightmare. Try not to shit your pants.
(h/t Joe and Jayesel)
6. The vintage Pitt shirt made another appearance on How I Met Your Mother and reader Ann Michelle is trying to find a place to purchase it. Anyone know where she can buy it? Anyone? Anyone? Dread Lord Zober?
7. An email:
I volunteered to house Phil – the runner who is going across the country to Atlantic City – on Friday evening as he ran east of Pittsburgh. He spent the night in Ligonier after running for the day between North Versailles and Ligonier – 36 miles for the day (without the buggy – I picked it up for him – that stretch of Rt 30 is dangerous!).
He had a grand time with the folks from the Mario Lemieux Foundation while in Pittsburgh. When he asked how I found out about him, I mentioned your blog and he mentioned that they (the folks from the foundation) knew about your blog. He was grateful for the mention and that people would take that information to help him out.
Just thought that you’d be happy that your blog indirectly was able to help him out.
It does make me happy! Run, Phil! Run!
And remember, it’s for sick kids. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE SICK KIDS.
9. David Conrad’s Jim died on Ghost Whisperer on Friday, and will now continue acting on the show as a ghost. Rob Owen says in the comments of his Tuned In blog:
Wait ’til you see what comes next. I didn’t even understand all of it, especially in the third episode of this arc, but it seems like quite a stretch for a reset.
“Quite a stretch for a reset.” Hmm.
I’m going with David’s character’s soul is eventually going to enter another body. His twin’s body. A twin we never knew about until now.
Yeah, that’s totally it.
10. Lots of awesome pictures of David’s loft in the PG over the weekend, including a picture of his bed.
I’m sorry. I think I blacked out there for a minute.
Oh, hey look, there’s a picture of David Conrad’s bed!