- November 11, 2008
- filed under David Conrad, Downtown happenings, Eye rolls, Local media, Matt Lamanna, Pirates, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Today is Veteran’s Day (hug a veteran!). And I’m working. It’s okay. I have my Dunkin’ Donuts and maybe I’ll poke my head out of the building long enough to see the parade.
2. Yesterday I was at Pens Fan’s house having dinner when I raided my 6-year-old nephew H’s Halloween stash and got caught red-handed.
H: What are you doing?
PG: Stealing your candy.
H: How MANY DID YOU TAKE!?
PG: [stepping up to him to tower over him and looking down at his cute little perturbed face] Two packets of Whoppers, one small box of Milk Duds, and one Twizzlers. And maybe a 3 Musketeers. You got a problem with that? [crosses arms menacingly over her chest]
H: [gasp!] Mooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm!
Ah, suck it up kid. It’s what we aunties do.
3. I was in Market Square this morning. The pigeons. THEY ARE EFFIN’ FAT! What the hell are they eating? They’re enormous!
4. Oh, wait. Here’s the reason they’re fat. They’re being well fed by this Demon of Satan.
(h/t SlideTuba who snapped the photos and wrote “she must be stopped at all costs.” Word.)
5. A comment about my interview in Pittsburgh Magazine:
Regarding your “interview” in Pittsburgh magazine, I had a good laugh at your comment on why you remain anonymous. I believe you stated, that remaining anonymous allows you speak your mind. I believe remaining anonymous is cowardly.
I moved to Pittsburgh from Erie Pa just over two years ago and write regularly in the Erie Times and Pittsburgh Post Gazzette. My writings can/have been very controversial at times, but am proud to have my name published along with my opinions. I also take part in a lot of online discussion forums under my name. The web has created a whole new coward, but again am proud to use my full name always as my screen name.
It’s easy to spew your opinions and feelings under some ridiculous nick name, but it takes a real adult to do the same and sign their real name. Make fun of specific people in the press all you want, but they aren’t hiding behind some moniker.
Scott R Priester
If remaining anonymous so that I don’t get my ass fired from my day job is cowardly, then fine, I’m a coward.
If it makes you feel better, Scott, I promise that when I’m outed one day and no longer at my current job, I will continue to write and will continue to say everything I’m saying now. But for now? I can’t say what I want to say unless I do it behind my “ridiculous nick name.”
Another reason I’m happy that I’m anonymous? There are some readers. Some male readers. They email me. They scare me a little bit. I don’t want them knowing where I live or who I am. No. Way.
Honestly, being anonymous kind of sucks. I don’t get to go and meet all the other awesome bloggers. I can’t write about all the stuff I want to because it can be too risky. I can’t take advantage of all the awesome offers I get for free stuff, free Pens tickets, free concert tickets, drinks with Awesome Burghers, free Zima.
Hell, you guys, I turned down luxury box seats for a Steelers game last season.
As for “real adult,” read the interview. I’m 12 inside.
6. New reader Jen, who found me via a David Conrad search, had this to say about my other self-united husband Doug Mientkiewicz:
I met him this summer in Baltimore when I went to see the Friday & Saturday games against the Orioles. (Stupidass Buccos – they shouldn’t have lost either game, but managed to lose both!) I got reprimanded by a guard in the hotel when I asked for Doug’s autograph (how was I supposed to know that was a no-no?), but when I apologized to Doug, he told the guard it wasn’t a problem. Yay Dougie! He’s really friendly and talked for a few minutes. I’d like to see him come back to the Buccos, but it’s not good to wish for someone to be in Hell ….
I do know how to pick winners, don’t I?
7. My other self-united husband Daniel Sepulveda showed Alison Morris his new home, which thanks to KDKA for showing his actual house number, we’re going to be interrupted ALL THE DAMN TIME now when we sit down for dinner.
There’s lots of good eye candy:
Hey, there’s his bed!
I’m sorry. I think I blacked out for a minute there.
Oh, hey look, there’s Daniel Sepulveda’s bed!
Also, AliMo? Step off.
8. When will Matt Lamanna email me a picture of his bed?