- November 12, 2008
- filed under Awesome Burghers, Ben Roethlisberger, Evgeni Malkin, Hot Burghers, Mayor Ravenstahl, Penguins, Random, Steelers, The Damn Pigeons
1. Yesterday I was walking by PNC Plaza or whatever that little square is called between the PNC Towers, and there were about 50 pigeons hanging out there. Not moving. Perfectly still. With their necks scrunched down into their shoulders and their eyes half closed. Every single one of them. Like statues.
I can only assume they saw me first and were hoping I wouldn’t notice them there all quiet and still.
Either that or they were downloading new instructions from Satan.
2. Did you guys watch the Pens last night? Down 5-2 against Marian Hossa [spit] and the Red Wings? Came back to win it 7-6 thanks to a raging, hat-tricking Jordan Staal?
Also, be sure to read the Pensblog’s write-up of the game.
They had me in hysterics on more than one occasion in that post.
Zigomanis wins it with ease back to Go-go, who gets it to Malkin.
Malkin with a blast. Even Jesus Christ doesn’t know where it’s at.
Jordan Staal does, making him better than Jesus. 6-6
Osgood, as expected, blames Jesus for the big goal.
Good frickin’ question.
I’m sure most of the guys are answering it with, “Because God loves us.”
4. My minions, I have seen the next PittGirl shirt. I’m all tingly. Soon. Soon. My butler is so best.
5. The Roller Derby awards were held last week, and my girl ‘Snot Rocket Science, who you can catch in the match against Harrisburg on Nov. 22 and see what I’m talking about, took home lots of loot.
An email from Fonda Bruises:
Saturday was our year end banquet. Our girl ‘Snot needed a cart for all her awards. She won:
- Highest Scoring Jammer
- Most Inspirational
- Best Hybrid (Pivot, Blocker, Jammer)
- The Wrecking Dolls MVP
I told her I was going to take a photo of her to send to PittGirl. I asked her to make the most obnoxious face she could and this is it. She’s still adorable and the most amazing skater!
Here’s ‘Snot being silly.
And here’s ‘Snot being hot.
6. Whoa! Bob “I Heart Benny” Smizik was way harsh on The Duke today:
They lost their most recent game because they have an inordinate number of injuries on offense and because Roethlisberger failed to execute on two pass plays.
Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? Take it easy on him!
7. I don’t care how much you hate his guts, you have to admit. Lukey made an ADORABLE baby.
I guess Erin had something to do with it, too.