Oh, LaMont.

I’m not trying to pick on LaMont and this post isn’t really picking on him, so I hope he’s not pouting today or anything.

I had meant to post about this when I read the article, but then I forgot and then yesterday’s post reminded me.

A few weeks ago, LaMont had an article called Hair Force … I’ll pause for a moment in respect to that incredibly witty play on words … and the sub headline was “Pelusi style corps shines during NYC shows.”

Okay.

Philip Pelusi was one of the stylists helping to shape the look of American women’s hair for next spring and summer. The Pittsburgh-based stylist, his creative director Jeffrey Rietz and four other Pelusi stylists coiffed models in designer Benjamin Cho’s Sept. 9 show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.

Mr. Pelusi and his crew collaborated with Mr. Cho to come up with edgy, avant-garde hair styles that complemented the designer’s urban-hipster-meets-futuristic-fantasy ensembles.

Here’s the shining examples of Philip Pelusi hairstyles:

My thoughts:

1.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I could do any of these styles in five minutes with a scrunchie, some kitchen scissors and a big ass can of Aqua Net.

2.  When did models get to be so blatantly fug?

3.  The middle boy-girl?  Every single white-trash, too skinny, acid washed jeans-wearing, grungy, smoking, probably gonna be pregnant before graduation girl in my suburban high school had that exact hair.

Futuristic fantasy/urban hipster. HAH!

Now, on that same day, LaMont also gave us the hair trends for the fall, saying that the “bob” is hot stuff.

This is the example he used from Matrix.

You guys, if I saw a woman walking down the street with that hair I’d be all, “Excuse me, honey, do you need help finding your spaceship or are they just going to beam you up back up soon?”

Also, LaMont?  Two posts in two days means that unless you really lose your shit, I’m going to leave you alone until at least Wednesday.

You’re welcome.

1. Sarah
    November 14, 2008 9:24 am

Yeah, Pittgirl, you’re not really kidding. The girl on the left just forgot to pull up the front pieces of hair into her very teased pony tail. That girl on the right… I mean, aren’t those just pigtails? I’m certain I’ve worn that before. And I did it myself. For free. And last time I checked, I don’t live in the future. Because, I believe, in the future, Ben will learn to play football again. So we aren’t there yet.

2. Heather
    November 14, 2008 9:24 am

It would be way better if Pelusi would go back to the days when he used Soul Glo in his hair. Seriously, he looks way better with a Jheri Curl. As for the girls, I’m with you PG. I had no idea that low-pigtails with curled under bangs were so cutting edge!

3. HokieRider
    November 14, 2008 9:28 am

Who knew that 12 year old me was so cool.

And please, stop hiding that hideous picture of LaMont. I live in fear that I will open that picture at work and someone will actually see it. You hear that PittGirl? You have me living in FEAR!

4. back in the burgh
    November 14, 2008 9:34 am

LMAO …. “Excuse me, honey, do you need help finding your spaceship or are they just going to beam you up back up soon?”

Great post … thanks for the Friday laughs!

5. John
    November 14, 2008 9:53 am

PG, I think that the fug models look came from the heroin chic look that seems to have dominated the modeling industry over the past decade or so. I mean, nothing says hot to me like rail thin chicks with perpetual pouts and vacant expressions on their faces. Eat something and smile, why dontcha!

6. Three
    November 14, 2008 10:03 am

I know I have the fashion sense of the average wombat, but you know, if my girl came home with hair from the top pic, I’d be all “Rough day, hun? Let me get some tea going for you.”

If she came home with the second … she’d get the raised eyebrows and “WTF! No, seriously. W-T-F.” Of course, at least I wouldn’t have to worry about getting hit, cause with one eye covered, she’ll have no depth perception. Second thought — dear God, I hope she didn’t drive home!

And since when is it OK for Phil to have Good n’ Plenty’s on his lapel? Lord knows if I’d have some on my shirt, I’d get squawked at.

I’ll never understand fashion. Srsly.

7. TBD
    November 14, 2008 10:06 am

Those are some fug and seriously depressed lookin’ dudes! Guess they saw the hairstyle they had before the picture was taken. And eat a friggin sammich will ya? With bread even.

8. DW
    November 14, 2008 10:19 am

Middle “boy-girl” reminded me of this chick (who’s hair is truly Futuristic Fantasy/Princess Leia style)

November 14, 2008 10:31 am

Phil’s hair looks good, what there is of it. So the good news is, I will be a futuristic fantasy/urban hipster guy in about 10 years, by which time I will also need a futuristic fantasy/urban hip replacement.

Meanwhile, I go to a barber, a spry old guy I like. He cuts my hair for $11 and I give him an extra $2 for the conversation. Mrs. Daddy likes how I look.

That’s all I need.

10. Sooska
    November 14, 2008 11:08 am

you see that hair on those 3 models on every playground. why is it always they want women to look like little girls? ( except for helmet head there.)

November 14, 2008 11:25 am

First pic, far left: I see Kirstie Alley’s new weight-loss program worked beyond her wildest dreams.

12. Goob
    November 14, 2008 11:32 am

That last one isn’t a hairstyle; it’s architecture.

13. red pen mama
    November 14, 2008 12:38 pm

aw, you guys. that bottom picture was my next hairstyle.

primarily because I just bought stock in aquanet.

guess I’ll start looking for another new one. thanks.

ciao,
    rpm

14. Magnus Patris
    November 14, 2008 1:03 pm

These pictures make me think of a Soviet-era, glorious workers paradise fashion show. “Next, ve has Ludmilla, vearing beootiful handmade shmata she make from cast off vheat shtocks. All de boys from Collective Farm C-143, hope for making “bouncy-bouncy” vit her, but she hold out for her dream date, Comrade Secretary Brezhnev’s young nephew, Yuri. And now ‘Shvim vare!’ “

15. firefly88
    November 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Those models are seriously scary as well as fug! They remind me of that TV commercial (for nuts, I think) where two guys try to prevent the vacant-eyed women from the “Addicted to Love” video from kidnappng their friend and turning him into one of them.

The blonde also reminds me of “Terminal Stare” from the old Chiller Theater shows.

November 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Magnus,

That’s church.

17. Dinkerwald
    November 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Phil spends too much time in the tanning bed.

18. Pingback: Oh, LaMont. | All About Fashion Blog

19. burghaholic
    November 15, 2008 6:22 am

Did you photoshop shrink that boygirls head??

20. Marc Baker
    November 15, 2008 7:39 am

I’m still mad at Philip Pelusi for taking occupying the spot where the arcade at South Hills village was located. Plus, their hairstyles just don’t do it for me. sorry.

21. Bram R
    November 15, 2008 9:58 am

LOL I think thrice. Though I can see uses for the spaceship hair. I think pulled off well it would be quite fetching — but never for “walking down the street”. I’m seeing a chauffeur and maybe a Delorean.

22. missingPA
    November 15, 2008 10:02 am

Magnus- I almost spit out my coffee while reading that. Hi-larious!

Also, what’s with the baby rat tail creeping out from under the “futuristic bob”? I know, I know, like that’s the strangest thing going on in those pics…..

23. Elmer Palmer
    November 15, 2008 6:38 pm

MR. PElusi is my haircut. He do good job for me. I pay him tip evary time I there