[inhale] [exhale]

Burghers,

You all are crazy, do you know that? Like, insane.

Yesterday we had over 15,000 visitors here at That’s Church, 50,000+ page views, and hits in what is probably the hundreds of thousands.

We had visits from every state except Montana, which, what did I ever say bad about you, Montana? Losers.

As I feared would happen, I am no longer working at NEED.

Listen. It’s okay. NEED is a wonderful organization doing what it needs to do, look after its rich history and stellar reputation. They don’t need me there as a distraction.

I’m very sad about their decision, but I understand it and I am going to accept it and move on.

There is no need to go to bat for me with them.

Yes, it sucks VERY VERY HARD, but I put in a good six years there and it is time for me to step away from that job.

Now, as I wrote yesterday, be patient with me now while I figure stuff out.  I’ll be downtown tomorrow for meetings and stuff, so I hope to get to meet some of you then. I’ll be the curly-haired chick punting pigeons left and right and …. oh hell, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE!

Love,

Me.

1. Dugu
    August 22, 2009 5:16 am

I love the pigeon and pix of your blog :-p.

Nice blog. So many to follow now to keep me occupied indoors on the PC.

2. Blanca DeBree
    August 22, 2009 10:08 am

Why exactly were you fired? Was it because you revealed your identity or that you revealed you worked for NEED? Did you have a clause in your contract forbidding you from doing “outside work?” What have you done which becomes a distraction to NEED? I gleaned your blog, and I really don’t find anything, which would hurt NEED.

Perhaps I am showing my political roots, but I think you should fight this. It sounds like a little publicity is just what NEED needs. I’d never heard of them before you.

Perhaps your fans can tell NEED if they take you back each will donate say $10. That could be a lot of scratch for a non-profit.

Good luck to you. There are a lot of bloggers out there who now consider you a martyr.

3. NMSteve
    August 22, 2009 10:27 am

The shirt on CNN Looks like a *weasel* in a pigeon costume! Ha! I was having the hardest time trying to figure that one out.

I think after we are all done inhaling and exhaling we should start “looking forward to moving forward” in celebration of Your Majesty’s new opportunities.

4. Megrcam51
    August 22, 2009 10:44 am

Mike the Flyers Fan has the funniest comment ever. Funny in a so-sad-and-so-pathetic-at-the-same-time kind of a way. :)

August 22, 2009 11:56 am

“when one door closes, another one opens”….right?

if what I remember about your position at NEED is correct, then I might see why they fired you — you have interactions with some of the people and organizations about which you write.

still — it sucks. and, it’s not right. and, I’m sorry that you lost your job.

but, that whole “another door opens” thing is true. pittsburgh mag is keeping you around, which is good for you — and, us.

rock on wit cha hot do-me-boots self.

6. Cindy T.
    August 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I thought it was great publicity for NEED. Before you mentioned them, never heard of them. Their loss. Don’t even get me started on Montana.

7. jenaka
    August 22, 2009 5:45 pm

I’d like to know what terrible trauma caused such an irrational hatred of an innocent animal in you. Therapy can help with that you know. Or maybe the hatred is the results of ignorance? Ignorance is a common cause of hatred and fear. That is fixable as well.

8. Katymaria
    August 22, 2009 9:45 pm

My daughter is at the game tonight. Right after Jeff Reed connected for his first quarter extra point, I texted her, “Sluts on the line!” at the exact moment she texted the same thing right back to me.

Your presence is everywhere. We are all rooting for you. And that, by God, is church.

9. Mitch
    August 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I don’t understand, nor support their decision, and I’ve sent them a letter expressing my views. It’s not like you were trashing the organization, certainly nothing I saw indicated that. They’ve really messed up, and it won’t bode well for them in the long run. I hope you land on your feet; I’m sure someone in your area will give you a great job.

10. Android
    August 23, 2009 6:31 am

NEED seems to be a doing a good thing with educating youth…..

NEED maybe they don’t understand social media and don’t want to be associated with the views or legally responsible for the comments.

Then again it could be a political decision….

Anyway….

Good luck.

11. the matt
    August 23, 2009 10:32 am

you know, I’m not one to knock PittGirl….but I’d say if you are going to be an outted and unemployed blogger…..you need to update your site more than once a week. Just sayin.

12. Summer
    August 23, 2009 2:32 pm

You’re back, soooo … can we talk about those ugly, ugly throwback uniforms that the Pirates have been sporting lately? I mean, WTF? Did they hire LaMont to dress the team?

13. beaner
    August 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Aw, P-Girl, you are the best & deserve the best.
    Missed you so, so much while you were gone.
    Looking forward to catching up ‘n@.
    Job search? Let the good times roll!

love ya

14. Scott R Priester
    August 23, 2009 8:47 pm

The happenings this past week and everyone’s comments have proven one thing to me, I just don’t understand people today. Very simply said, she played with fire for a very long time, and got seriously burned. Playing with fire includes running at the mouth about some very well known and powerful people in this city. People, who would and could, without surprise to me, make her situation even more miserable if they wanted to.

No matter if it’s Pittsburgh PA, or Bum Fu*& Egypt, heroes aren’t picked wisely today.

15. Andee
    August 23, 2009 11:14 pm

1.Joanne Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 6:15 pm
    Ginny, Need’s loss…. You’re too smart and beautiful not to find something better… and Hey!
    KDKA-TV needs someone to replace Sonni… we were hoping it would be Allison Morris but doesn’t look like it…YOU would be perfect… Lots of luck and happiness wherever you go.
    ______________________________________________
    What is Joanne smoking? Geeze, people. Pittgirl just came out to the blogging world. She’s not the next KD flavor of the month. Don’t think you’re geting into tv, right? Right, you’re not.

Joanne, go back to the chimney. Virginia has ZERO tv experience. Perhaps you should hook up with commenter #29Sue aka PghLesbian. Geeze.

16. Mark
    August 24, 2009 1:30 am

you have been missed! welcome back! plz don’t ever leave again

17. Pa-pop
    August 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Your writing bites. And I mean that in the best possible sense of the word. If it didn’t bite I wouldn’t LOL, ROFL, or, even more frequently, LMFAO.

I’ve come very, very, very, very late to this church party – and I didn’t even bring a Jell-o salad. I have stumbled across your work just long enough to appreciate your wit and wisdom, and I envy your minions who have sated themselves on your Burgh-spectives since Day One. My town – the one not far away with the legacy of “mob” rule and a glorified felon congressman – could use someone like you.

From where I sit you don’t appear to be someone who needs to be called down from the ledge. In fact, I think you’re up there merely kicking pigeons from their poopy roost and luring them into nooses with bricks tied to the other end. BTW, use bricks with holes – they hold the knots better. And be careful who’s below when you let go. Unless it’s Dread Lord Zober.

It’s surely comforting to receive the support you are getting from your fans in your time of joblessness, but my guess is you may miss your time at NEED mostly because of the people, friends, and personal associations you made and enjoyed. Speaking as one who’s familiar with non-profits, I don’t believe you will miss the money, and frankly, I don’t think you will totally miss the work. Gaining your greatest satisfaction in what you do started the moment you strapped on a set of donkey omelets the size of Kaufman’s clock and outed yourself.

You have abandoned one set of challenges for a whole ‘nuther bunch and I’m wagering you’re more than up to the task. I look forward to reading more from you in the years ahead because you are more “Deteriorata” than “Desiderata.” And to borrow from the former, I think you will “therefore make peace with your god, whatever you conceive him to be: hairy thunderer or cosmic muffin” and you will continue to bite. And bite good.

18. Bert
    August 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Scott Priester, you are a sad, sad, sad man. Don’t be mad that the Burgh is embracing Ginny with open arms while you are still sending crazytown letters to the PG, making the editors roll their eyes and go, “shit, it’s that guy again.”

Ginny has First Amendment rights to speak her opinion about public figures, and concerted efforts on their behalf to make her “even more miserable” is harassment and against the law.

Get a clue, and embrace Ginny like I embrace pigeons.

19. Mad Mike
    August 27, 2009 7:35 pm

To be fair, I think Montana only has like one computer…

20. Pingback: Food Businesses and the Social Web | Burghilicious