Woof! When “woof” means “fug”.

From the Daily Mail:

They may resemble pandas, buffalos and camels – but these animals are actually poodles, all competing for the title of top dog at ‘creative grooming’ shows across the U.S.

Something of a canine fancy dress contest, it takes just two hours for owners to transform their pets, which are sheared and coloured to achieve each look.

So you go to that site and you scroll down and then your eyeballs, they protest, all, “WTF ARE YOU SHOWING ME?!  I ALREADY SAW SANTONIO’S PENIS! GAWD!”

Poodles.  Poor poor unfortunate poodles turned into things like fairies, peacocks, and buffaloes.  Seriously. BUFFALOES.

Thoughts:

1.  I always thought that buffalo was the plural form of buffalo. I learned something today.

2.  The only NFL team that would have a fan crazy enough to transform a poodle into a football player would of course be the Steelers.

poodlesteeler

All that’s missing is a babymama for him to smack around.

3.  Who goes to a breeder or a pet store, looks at a poodle and says to themselves, “Man, I bet with a bit of spray paint and $500 worth of accessories, that poodle could be a dead ringer for a meerkat or a bollweevil or [gasp] LADY DI!”

(h/t Meck)

1. Andee
    August 31, 2009 2:24 am

Ha! I totally believed Monty,as such a stupid move on Santonio’s part would be on sites like that. Very funny Monty. :)

Thanks Virginia. Yikes. What would possess him to do this? Doesn’t he have any pride in the Steeler name? Didn’t he wonder what the Rooneys would think?

2. Still A. Fan
    August 31, 2009 6:36 pm

well Andee, it’s not like he took the picture and then said “there. it is done. puteth this on what they call the internet for all to see”.

he either set a timer to take the pic himself to send to some baby-mamma or said baby-mamma took the pic herself and promised to never wever share it wit nobody……..

and since he believed her, thus the asshat moniker.

August 31, 2009 10:49 pm

That looks like a penis, only smaller.

Than mine.

4. Chris Casey
    September 2, 2009 12:54 pm

That’s just wrong. Was the dog being punished for chasing pigeons?

5. Sally
    September 9, 2009 11:09 pm

Let me tell you all a few things you don’t know about that dog.

#1. He had been through 2 other homes before I adopted him – On Petfinder… I’d never buy a dog from a pet store.

#2 Dogs don’t understand embarrassment. None of the other dogs pick on him at the dog park. They don’t realize that he is any different from them and vice versa. He’s well loved, well adjusted and treated very well. Actually, He’s sleeping on the couch right behind me.

I’d really appreciate it it you’d remove this from your website, as I find the accusations of cruelty disgusting. I’m a groomer. You want to talk about cruelty….. I’ll show you a dog that is kept in a back yard and groomed once a year whose coat is so matted that it comes off like a cast. Or how about the dogs whose collars grow into their necks? Or dogs with maggots? Yeah, I’ve seen it. I was a veterinary technician before I was a groomer. I know what cruelty is, and it’s not applying some creme to my dog.

http://www.thenapcg.com – You really should educate yourselves before you form opinions about things things you don’t know anything about, based on a picture..

6. Sally
    September 10, 2009 12:00 am

And get your facts straight, it wasn’t spray paint. It was animal safe dye. YES, they make that. You really think those poodles you see at the dog show are naturally that black. Walk outside and wonder why they have a purple cast to their coats.

7. Sally
    September 10, 2009 12:16 am

One more thing. I did this 4 years ago. He hasn’t looked like this since 2005. It’s old news.