Random n’at.

bffs

1.  The five-day forecast for Pittsburgh is obviously a giant back-pat from God for all of Pittsburgh for being so awesome.

weatherforecast

I accept that back-pat and I ask God to remember our awesomeness come February when He’s deciding how much longer winter should last.

2.  Regarding that Steelers poodle we were discussing last week, it has a name and the name is … wait for it … Roethlispoodle!

You can see Roethlispoodle in action in this youtube video.

I particularly like 1:43 when Roethlispoodle looks out into the audience and uses his eyes to say, “Hey, you. If you kill me right now, I won’t be mad.” and also at 2:47 when Roethlispoodle really JUST WANTS TO LIE THE HELL DOWN ALREADY.

Poor doggie.  I’d rather be Paris Hilton’s purse chihuahua Poopsie Binkie than be Roethlispoodle.

(h/t The Mysterious M)

3.  Speaking of the Steelers, have you seen the Steelers house? It puts the GAWD! in gaudy.

I’m all for showing the Steelers love, preferably in the form of ripping Daniel Sepulveda’s shirt off so I can see what the Good Lord gave him, but this is a bit much.

A bit.

4.  Speaking of a bit much, The Dread Lord Zober friended me on my Jane Pitt facebook (I heard demons shrieking, I did) and I accepted that request (I heard succubi weeping, I did) to find this:

yzpgbffs

BFFs?! Best friends forever? Me and The Dread Lord? Should he and I go find a tree and carve “VM & YZ BFF” into the trunk? Take a blood oath? Wear each others clothes? (I’ve got a pair of do-me boots I think The Dread Lord could totally pull off) Get one of those necklaces where he gets one part and I get the other and never the twain shall meet until one of us dies, but even then, bury me with mine clutched in my hand so I’ll never ever forget him?

Clearly he’s trying to lure me to the Dark Side with his cute little sense of humor and ridiculously interesting facebook updates, but let me say this, Lord Zober:  I have ears all over the city and I have heard some of the things you have said about me, so don’t buy me that necklace just yet.

[swishes light saber with gusto while shouting to the sky: “I’LL NEVER GO TO THE DARK SIDE! NEVER!”]

I will bet you the sum of ONE … MILLION … DOLLARS that the Dread Lord de-friends me today.

5.  This is a picture taken from the P-G showing a math teacher in action teaching fractions to students at  Manchester Academic Charter School.

hotteacher

The article is awesome and I failed the fraction quiz miserably because pie wasn’t involved, but that’s not why I’m pointing this out to you.

I’m pointing this out to you because MY MATH TEACHERS NEVER LOOKED LIKE THAT!

Teacher + brains + blue jeans + arm muscles = 100/100% hot.

Gosh, I hope I used that fraction correctly.

1. tehamy
    August 31, 2009 1:32 pm

I am loving this weather! The only down side is that I had to wear a coat this morning. But, since the weather is so fall like, I was excited to wear my new boots this morning.

Also, does it count if I used my adding machine to pass the fraction quiz?

2. Elianah-Sharon
    August 31, 2009 1:36 pm

I probably would have learned my multiplication tables a lot faster…that’s for sure.

3. Tinare
    August 31, 2009 1:40 pm

Whew, I’m hot for teacher. ;)

And I have driven past that Steeler house on many occasions over the past few years and watched the collection grow. It’s the most gawd-awful eye sore. As my grandmother used to say, “some people’s taste is only in their mouths…”

4. Dan (Not Onarato)
    August 31, 2009 1:41 pm

God is just apologizing in advance for the upcoming G-20 Conference.

5. rickh
    August 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Yes to the San Diego weather this week!

No to Roethlispoodle. Always.

6. Stastonio Holmes' Penis
    August 31, 2009 1:46 pm

what????????????
    no mention of Santonio Holmes’ penis in this post?

please alert the ‘burgh, the Armageddon has commenced

it’s 420 time

7. ErinPatricia
    August 31, 2009 1:59 pm

My brother lives near The Crazy Steelers House, and everytime his daughters go past it ( they are 3.5 and 2.5) they both yell “GO STEELERS!”

8. Nick
    August 31, 2009 2:38 pm

That Steelers house is crazy! I think I remember seeing a picture similar to that house last year too.

9. MLH97
    August 31, 2009 2:38 pm

I think Poodlemalu would have been a better choice…

10. Bram R
    August 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Well he can’t de-friend you now. You own him. That was fast.

If the dog is cool for any reason at all, its because it kind of looks like a lineman. That should have been the Farriorpoodle. But no, she made it the quarterback, with its no arms. That dog is made of fail.

11. Three
    August 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I’m still trying to figure out what is worse, the Roethlispoodle or RP’s owner’s poem. The rhyme, the meter, the “Oh dear God turn it off!” voice that was screaming in the back of my skull. It’s a really tough call.

Remind me to post the picture of the Steelers truck that I saw down in Etna one of these days. It was a beaut, but no where near as spaztastic as the Steeler house.

12. bluzdude
    August 31, 2009 3:50 pm

What’s wrong with the Steelers house? I would totally do up a house like that, if for no other reason than to irritate my neighbors here in Baltimore. Of course, I’d also have to install barbed wire or a moat, to keep all the criminals from stealing, defacing and otherwise ruining the fun.

13. facie
    August 31, 2009 3:56 pm

I could appreciate neighbors like the super Steelers fan. I would never do it myself, mind you. And I would not want to live next door, but nearby would be okay.

After watching the video, I now feel worse for the poodle. I agree with MLH97. Poodlemalu is a better.

14. Foghorn Tom
    August 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Any clue on why God has been pissed at us pool owners all summer? If you have an in, and it was something I did, please apologize profusely on my behalf and I will owe you one.

15. Pa-pop
    August 31, 2009 4:42 pm

I had to look twice at the school photo because at first I thought it was one of the Stiller linebackers explaining the nickel package.

16. Martin Silenus
    August 31, 2009 5:03 pm

I figured the poodle was named Fast Willie Barker. (Boo…)

17. Andee
    August 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Martin, that’s a great name for a Steeler dog. That brought a smile to my face when I read that. woof woof…

18. ns15212
    August 31, 2009 5:32 pm

I think 100%/100%=1%.

19. Martin Silenus
    August 31, 2009 5:37 pm

@Andee: Yep, and it’s in the public domain!

20. eileen
    August 31, 2009 6:14 pm

I have always been bad at math. I think it’s about time I get a private tutor!

21. Still A. Fan
    August 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Bram….Farrior….lineBACKER…..not lineman.

sorry. there is a gene in me that won’t let me not mention that.

22. Sooska
    August 31, 2009 6:55 pm

#5 Speaking as an engineer and mother of a math teacher I say, “just remember this: pi aren’t squared, pie are round.”

#1 on the weather thing. If this is “summer” what will our winter be like? I am worried. If God smiles on us now that means he can frown later. Duke, Asshat, Roethlispoodle and Lukey better behave themselves. DLZ too.

23. Beth
    August 31, 2009 6:57 pm

Damn. If my math teachers looked like that I’d be Will Hunting.

24. Mary
    August 31, 2009 7:31 pm

If that was my kid’s math teacher, there would be a multitude of parent/teacher conferences scheduled.

25. Pensgirl
    August 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh, my next dog is so gonna be named Fast Willie Barker. Like bluz I’m in Baltimore, and representin’ through a dog is much safer than a car sticker or flag on the ol’ house.

Also, if that was my math teacher I wouldn’t have learned crap, ’cause I’d have been too busy drooling at him.

26. a visual tinkle
    August 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Did you know that the Dread Lord was nominated for a Gene Kelly Award back in 93 (I think 93 could have been 92 or 94. High school is kind of a blur.)? He played the Baker in Peabody’s production of Into the Woods.
    Just thought you would like that tidbit.

27. Bluetail
    September 1, 2009 10:23 am

If Yaron Zober’s middle name were ‘Norbert’ or something else that began with the letter ‘N,’ then his initials would be (‘Burgh planets must be perfectly aligned somewhere) Y.N.Z.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha!

28. LW
    September 1, 2009 10:51 am

haha…I went to high school with that hot math teacher. good things from from pittsburgh public schools!

29. Dave - a = Dve
    September 1, 2009 11:39 am

I’ve seen the Steelers house in person… I cringe everytime I drive past it…

30. Christina
    September 1, 2009 11:53 am

I would’ve done so much better in math all of my life if any of my math teachers looked like that. Yeow! My math teachers were pale little white ladies who yelled a lot and hated life.

31. Brian
    September 1, 2009 11:55 am

Look, I love the Steelers and I watch every second of every game, even preseason, but that house is an abortion. If I lived on that block, or worse, next door, I’d just kiss the fuck away any shot of selling my own house because that eyesore certainly has to be driving down home prices on that block. Can you imagine if one of the houses next door was for sale and, as you go to see it, you see this Steelers carnival next door? No fucking way you’re buying the house unless it’s at a deep, deep, deep discount. I’d be furious if my neighbors did this. Plus, the property looks like a black and gold junkyard. It’s like to yahoos with zero brains just got out the paint brush one day and, as unartistically as humanly fucking possible, just started splashing paint everywhere. I hate this home. Every time I drive past it I just want to give it the finger, but I know that’s sort of unreasonable. I want to pee in their yard. I don’t even think I’ve come remotely close to explaining how much I abhor this house.

32. Brian
    September 1, 2009 11:58 am

Of course, that should read TWO yahoos, but I was so out of control in fury that I became as dumb as these home-abusing assholes.

33. poordoggies
    September 1, 2009 12:14 pm

The weather isn’t bad, but it is difficult to figure out what to have the kids wear for school. :P It’s cold in the AM.. and by the tme school is out, it’s warm again.. hmmm.. Pittsburgh weather.. I suspect it will be in the 80s in October. LOL!

As for the Steeler house.. yikes! There is NO Steeler charm going on there! It looks like a bunch of drunk, tail-gating Steeler fans left all their shit on the side of the road Then this idiot picked it all up and put it in his yard.

34. poordoggies
    September 1, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey Brian Says… I think the word you meant to use was aberration, not abortion! LOL!

aberration: unsoundness or disorder of the mind

just saying..

35. Brian
    September 1, 2009 12:26 pm

No … I meant abortion. That term can be used to describe something unspeakably awful. Awkward slang, for sure, and maybe it hasn’t quite caught on, but I meant every letter of it. I can’t be the only person who has ever used the word in this sense before, right? (Right? …)

And I think your description of the house also is quite accurate.

36. poordoggies
    September 1, 2009 3:53 pm

LOL Brian says.. I get it now. While I myself have never used the word “abortion” in that way, I see how you were using it. My apologies for questioning. :)

37. Brian
    September 1, 2009 8:26 pm

Poordoggies, it’s useful when the word abomination just isn’t enough. :-)

38. Special Ed
    September 2, 2009 1:10 am

Yarone Zober
    “Doogie Howser, M.D

One in the same

39. Educational!
    September 2, 2009 10:56 am

Math AND English lessons in one post! Awesome.