BAM!

That’s me and that’s SALLY FRICKIN’ WIGGIN!

People, when Sally Wiggin corners you at an event with her luscious eyes, pins you to the wall with her gorgeous royal face, looks you up and down, and then tells you what a huge fan of yours she is, well, that’s when you can die happy.  And she’s so easy to talk to and just doesn’t take herself very seriously.  When I asked her if she was okay with me posting this picture to my blog her reply was: “You can use any frickin’ picture you want to!”

Sally Wiggin says “frickin’.” This pleases me.  I’m obviously easily pleased. I imagine a pigeon could walk up to me and say, “Gawd, PittGirl, frickin’ MOVE already.” and I’d be all, “Awww.  The pidgee said ‘frickin’. ‘ [kick] Have a nice flight, you cute knowing bastard.”

That picture was taken by my former “butler” Mike Woycheck at Pittsburgh Magazine’s the Best of Pittsburgh Party at the Warhol, my first official public event.  I was a nervous wreck, I tell you, especially knowing I had to [retch] hold a microphone in my hand and [barf] speak into it.

As nervous as I was, I can’t express to you how wonderful it was to attend an event as myself. Me. Ginny. That girl who used to be PittGirl.

I met Tall Cathy … see:

Her waist is looking at my boobs. She’s very very tall.

I met bloggers I’ve wanted to meet for ages, including Rachel, the boys from Should I Drink That, Lindsay from I Heart Pittsburgh, and on and on.

I met Gene Collier and Mike Clark, as well as Ian Rosenberger of Survivor fame.

I met Dave!

I met contest winners Emily and Jason and Karen and her husband Scot.

I got to announce that Santonio Holmes won the award for “Best Image Reversal” which I assume means he earned a certificate of achievement in Photoshop or something.

I know how easy it is to point a finger at me in this post, roll your eyes, and mutter “braggart.”  I get that.  I just can’t help how much fun I had finally being free, and it was something I needed to share, especially with those readers who have stuck by me in the shadows for so frickin’ long.

1. Cathy
    September 10, 2009 4:59 pm

Brag away and enjoy your new freedom!

2. Craig Fluck
    September 10, 2009 5:17 pm

You are ‘frickin’ wonderful. We’re all glad that you got out of that pigeon infested closet you were in. By all, I mean you fans in the deep south, we need all the Ginny we can get. You should have just taken the “Image Reversal” for yourself.

3. Don
    September 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Star-struck over Sally F. Wiggin? What a rube.

4. Magus Patris
    September 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Holy crap on a cracker! She should be called Gigantic Cathy.

5. Elmer Palmer
    September 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Ken,

Sally represents the hopes and reams of us all. Please take care of her

6. parkingchair
    September 10, 2009 5:59 pm

“Hopes and reams.”

I find that very funny – must be pre-game euphoria.

Congrats on the outing (after the outing). I can only imagine the nerves – you must have spent the entire time thinking “OK, what did I ever say about HIM/HER and do I need to prepare to defend myself from a flying mini-quiche?” They did serve mini-quiche, right? Can’t get away from those suckers at parties.

7. kelly c.
    September 10, 2009 6:24 pm

go guuurl.

next up on the to-do list – JOHN GREINER. he’s my favorite local news personality and should be yours too.

8. Chuck
    September 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Tall Cathy is frickin HOT!!!!

9. Beth
    September 10, 2009 6:30 pm

I’m not trying to get sentimental here…well, maybe I am. But you deserve everything good and fun and awesome that comes to you.
    Risking your job and giving up everything you had to give up if it means being able to do something you love is so brave.
    So you just go right on ahead and toot your own horn, Sister.

10. Noelle
    September 10, 2009 6:38 pm

At least Sally didn’t say “frackin'” A la Battlestar Gallactica. That drove me frickin’ nuts.

11. Patrick
    September 10, 2009 7:00 pm

Just thought you might want to check this out as today’s the start of “Defending Champions” got me pumped.

And wow on the pic. Sally’s an icon and you are well on your way.

12. Burgh Baby
    September 10, 2009 7:27 pm

It works both ways, Ginny. It’s pretty frikkin awesome having you out and finally getting to say, “Hi” for reals. One of these days I’ll run into you and regain my brain power long enough to remember to say thank you as well, cause, well, I definitely owe you a thanks or two.

13. Still A. Fan
    September 10, 2009 7:48 pm

sniff sniff….our little girl is all gwown up

14. Pa-pop
    September 10, 2009 8:28 pm

While you were out, I saw a repeat episode pf CSI:NY on TNT that made me think of you. One of the storylines featured a skydiver killed by pigeons. Perhaps you saw it once. Perhaps you recorded it. Perhaps you replay the images of mangled, twisted, bloodied pigeons over and over and over and …

15. jhwygirl
    September 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Your happiness shows in your writing. Great for you, GinnyPittGirl

16. Dave
    September 10, 2009 8:51 pm

frickin beautiful.

17. Nikki
    September 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Is your hair for real? It looks gorgeous!

18. beaner
    September 10, 2009 9:26 pm

What Beth said. And you’re gorgeous, Ginny.

19. Bojack
    September 10, 2009 9:56 pm

A veritable plethora of Hotties!!!! :-)

20. Linda
    September 10, 2009 10:27 pm

Enjoy yourself. You’ve earned it.

21. spoon
    September 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Here’s the pic of Ginny with Rachel, Woy and those dead sexy Should I Drink That fellas.

(l to r) Rachel, sickpuppy, ginny, woy, moi

22. Pingback: santonio holmes | Latest News | Hot News | Recent News

23. spoon
    September 10, 2009 10:58 pm

actually what you wont see is Sally, Cathy and Ginny going shot for shot with a bottle of Three Olives Bubble vodka.

When we left the Warhol, Ginny went running out into the street and started yelling at hobos “do you know who I freaking am? I’m PittGirl.. why arent you eating pigeons? what! you have standards now?”

video will be on WTAE during sweeps week

24. bluzdude
    September 11, 2009 12:03 am

Brag away, Ginny! Some of us outside of Pittsburgh have to get our Burgh thrills vicariously through you. And I bet Sally Wiggin went home and said, “I met PittGirl! I met PittGirl!”

Now regarding tonight’s game, suffice to say that the sluts for Skippy are on Hines this evening.

25. Bram R
    September 11, 2009 12:05 am

Thank you for showing us that Tall Cathy really is quite tall. And I know Sally Wiggin has a cute dog and she always seemed like a class act. I remember one time she was involved in receiving a proclamation from Council (sick kids or education or something), and the whole scene was like THE QUEEN was in the house!

26. Scott
    September 11, 2009 12:23 am

Frickin’ A.

September 11, 2009 1:36 am

“Frickin’ ” is silly, Sally.

“Fuckin’ ” is vulgar.

I know an Irish barmaid who says

“Fookin”

And that’s poetry.

And THAT’S church.

28. Don
    September 11, 2009 1:40 am

>>And I bet Sally Wiggin went home and said, “I met PittGirl! I met PittGirl!”<<

To whom would she say that?

29. Andee
    September 11, 2009 1:52 am

Aww Don, that wasn’t nice! Sally is so cool. Although, it does look like she has a man-claw on Ginny’s shoulder. :)

Ginny, I think you resemble Juliana Margolis from the old ER show and now The Good Wife.

30. RIZZO
    September 11, 2009 8:00 am

You are so frickin cool Ginny, you brag all you want, you’ve earned it dammit!

31. Marcy
    September 11, 2009 8:48 am

I love Sally Wiggin. She’s smart as hell and doesn’t ever take herself too seriously. And if she loves YOU that makes me love her even more.

32. CrashJK
    September 11, 2009 8:54 am

Sweet…great pics..and brag all you want…

especially the pic with Wiggilicious….(coined this AM on ‘DVE)

33. Summer
    September 11, 2009 9:01 am

I couldn’t help but laugh when I read you were presenting Santonio’s award. Was he there to accept it?

34. hello haha narf
    September 11, 2009 9:34 am

so glad you enjoyed yourself! (well, other than the hurling feeling over speaking in front of the group thing.)
    you bring a lot of people happiness with this blog so go ahead and have some fun for you.

35. one-eyed dick
    September 11, 2009 9:37 am

I suggest you go easy on the pigeon-bashing, esp. in light of this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1212214/Company-enlists-Winston-homing-pigeon-carry-data-transfer–faster-broadband.html

It could be that some day in the future, “That’s Church” will be delivered to your fans via homing pigeons. That is, if they would deliver it at all….

36. Lesbodamus
    September 11, 2009 10:01 am

Gorgeous. All three of you. What a fabulous honor to be The Best of..

I’m glad for you, and all of us, on many levels. I know what it is to try and remain hidden.

best regards!

37. bluzdude
    September 11, 2009 11:16 am

>>And I bet Sally Wiggin went home and said, “I met PittGirl! I met PittGirl!”<>To whom would she say that?<<

Gee, how about a little slack for an out-of-towner? I don't know Sally's home status… I assumed a fine looking lady like that wouldn't be flying solo.

But even in an empty house, I bet she'd still be all "I met PittGirl! I met PittGirl!", even if only to her dog/cat/goldfish, etc.

38. Duncan
    September 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Were you high in those pics? With a bit of glare and a bit of red-eye going for you, you could pass for an over-smoked college kid… great story.

39. Julie @ Wearing Mascara
    September 13, 2009 11:10 pm

So cool! Looks like you had a great time!