Random n’at.

1.  VOTE!  DANG IT! VOTE!

Also, BOO!

2. KISS FM has collected some of the most hilarious Kanye photoshops I’ve seen.  I particularly like the one where the shark eats Kanye.

3.  The post to comment to win Steelers/Chargers www.ineedtwo.com tickets is still active.  Have at it if you haven’t already.

4.  I’m really enjoying the opposing views being aired out in the G-20 post, many of which have given me food for thought.  I encourage you to read through the comments if you haven’t already and to put in two cents of your own. Speaking of the G-20, my good formerly virtual, now real live friend Norm thought that this event might also be interesting to those of you that wish to listen to local and international thought leaders discuss the G-20 and Pittsburgh as an example for economic recovery.  Tickets are $10 each if you’re not a student, or you can comment to this post that you’re interested in attending and I’ll select a comment # by 5:00 p.m. to receive two free tickets to the event. Woo!  Free stuff!

5.  I’m not saying the new August Wilson Center is phallic architecture, I’m saying lots of readers are emailing me to tell me they think the new August Wilson Center is phallic architecture.  And now all I see is a phallus.  THANKS, GUYS!

6.  The Aviary is closing during the G-20 summit.  Woo!  Showcasing Pittsburgh with a whole bunch of shuttered points of interest. Woo!

7.  Reader Viv informed me that if you go to the Head and Shoulders website, you can type in anything you want and watch Troysus Polamalu tackle it.

Look, Troy and by default God, hate pigeons too.  Here he is warming up.  Thinking about how nice it’s going to be to kill some pigeons and about how he’ll pray after he kills the pigeons that God will look favorably upon his sacrifice:

Here he is about to tackle the pigeons.  The pigeons begin screaming from their quivering cloacas:

Bam! See ya, you knowing bastards.

Aw. Warms my soul.

8. Some What The Effies!

9.  Esquire named our governor Ed Rendell as one of 75 Best People in the World.

Who knew Esquire was ranking sandwich eaters now?

What? They’re not?! WTF? Let’s take a look, then.

WHY, pray tell, Esquire, is Ed Rendell the 40th best person in the whole big wide world?

Because he proves that not every macher need be a pig or a prick.

Right, because he’s both.

Ba-ba-BAH!

1. Cassie
    September 17, 2009 2:14 pm

OMG You crack me up. I’ve posted on my blog about how we NEED TO VOTE. Keep it up!!!

2. Pensgirl
    September 17, 2009 2:31 pm

2. I literally L-ed OL on the metro yesterday at someone who posted a comment on The Pensblog with Kanye’s quote, using “Yo footbal….but hockey is….”

4. I’ve stayed out of that discussion since I no longer live in Pgh, but count me among the people who think there is more good than harm to come out of this. By the same token, I recognize that the cost issues are real and that there are some serious loons out there who I can only hope don’t damage “my pretty little city.”

5. The building just feels cold to me. I don’t see Wilson in it.

6. And THAT’s what I don’t like…the Aviary closing, the PSO not performing…it does seem more than nuts that “showcasing” the city has turned into closing everything.

7. That was fun!

8. On the collar boy…he wants to leed women? Is that like giving them an environmental rating or something?

9. Exactly what I thought! Also, glancing through the list and seeing some of the other choices, I’m going to have to suggest that Esquire change the title to “75 People in the World.”

3. Scott L
    September 17, 2009 2:31 pm

6. The Aviary is closing during the G-20 summit. Woo! Showcasing Pittsburgh with a whole bunch of shuttered points of interest. Woo!

Gotta stash all the Pigeons somewhere.

4. lovesthenorthside
    September 17, 2009 2:52 pm

#8. hee can leed mee anee wheere. a true hotteee.

5. Michael
    September 17, 2009 3:09 pm

okay deosn’t UPMC employ the half of the city that doesn’t work for PNC? Where the hell they be?

Seriously Jackson, Iowa City and Flint(?!?!?!) be kicking some serious boo-tay. Flint? There are more people on the web in my office building right now than are in the entire city of Flint.

The big thing with the G20 will be the idiots who show up just to provoke the police. You saw it in London. One Asshat is screaming at cops and jumping up and down hoping to get hit while 3 of his Asshattier friends film the cops. The problem is you only need one short tempted cop to blow; and lets face it, in that environment there will be lots of short tempers. While P’burgh cops have a lot of recent sports celebration experience the soap dodgers (I love that term) at a G20 rally are a very different sort.

6. Jake
    September 17, 2009 3:13 pm

#2 – If you are referring to the same photo I saw, it’s a Killer Whale (which is actually a member of the dolphin family) eating Kanye, not a shark.

Just thought I’d throw in some daily bureaucratic technicalities. :) It would be good riddance either way…

7. Elmer Palmer
    September 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Ken,

Ed Rendell is Pennsylvania’s own Unicorn. Leave him alone

8. westcoaststillersfan
    September 17, 2009 3:16 pm

I know you are all about the ‘burgh, but when I read your comments on the August Wilson Center, I couldn’t help but recall our own home-grown phallus here in Sunny SD. Check it out:

9. Sooska
    September 17, 2009 3:19 pm

9/8. Upon looking at Esquire’s list my brain went right to “What the Effie?”

4/6. I think the news media is going to come to Pittsburgh and snicker even harder than they did originally when they see what a ghost town it is during the summit. I hope Luke and Dan at least have the virtual version available for those who’d like to do the town.

10. DisplacedFromPitt
    September 17, 2009 3:45 pm

5: We used to always the cathedral of learning the phallic symbol of higher education during our time there.

11. Heather
    September 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Ahhh… What the Effies get me through each week :-) And – how could you have not commented on how sweaty the steelers collar guy was? YUK

12. Bram R
    September 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Are you saying that now you’re going to go to the August Wilson history center instead of the Heinz history center? What does this new history center have that the Heinz doesn’t have? SHUT UP, YOU WHRORE!!!

And yes, I’d definitely be interested in the symposium tickets, though I don’t see myself calling anybody a “thought leader”.

13. Joe K.
    September 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Rendell??? Has he even done one thing of note during his tenure?

14. Summer
    September 17, 2009 9:58 pm

@Joe: Help hold up the budget process after every other state in the union has passed one?

15. Ravishing Rick
    September 18, 2009 1:11 am

Here’s some pigeon kill vid’s for ya

16. Ravishing Rick
    September 18, 2009 1:14 am

Since you like pigeons sooooo much

17. Duncan
    September 18, 2009 7:43 am

You just got a nice call out on the WDVE Morning show… they were talking about your blog and this site. Sweet!

18. red pen mama
    September 18, 2009 9:55 am

Confession: When I saw Troy’s H&S commercial on TV during Monday Night Football, I literally fell on the floor laughing. And my husband witnessed it. I love it!

ciao,