Since posting my thoughts on the G-20, I’ve made some decisions:
1. I’m going to accept it’s coming and hope for the best.
2. I’m going to hope my city is prepared for the worst.
That said, it doesn’t mean I’m going to turn a blind eye to things like this:
1. Dozens of police cars have been vandalized by suspected anarchists in town for the G-20:
Pittsburgh Police sources say at least a dozen police cars and a number of private cars were vandalized. Sources also confirm police investigators have substantial information to believe the crime was committed by anarchists in town for the G-20 Summit.
Sources indicate nails and screws were forced into the tires on at least a dozen marked and unmarked police cars as well as a number of private cars.
Sources indicate it is believed a number of suspected anarchists came to police headquarters late Wednesday night and damaged as many cars as possible.
Police indicate the tires cannot be plugged and must be replaced because the cars have to operate at high speeds.
Damage estimates at this time are running in the thousands of dollars.
Sources indicate the suspected anarchists came to prove to police they can do damage whenever and wherever they want.
2. Here’s a video posted on youtube. And here’s the commentary by a local anarchist:
I’m reposting this video because I am from Pittsburgh and have lived here all my life.
This video is kind of hard to watch for me because I just can’t take or believe how deceiving the corporate media is. I’VE NEVER SEEN SUCH PROPAGANDA IN ALL MY LIFE!!!! JUST TOTAL CONTROL!! TOTAL SCUM GOVERNMENT!! I MEAN THE SOVIET UNION WAS NEVER THIS BAD!! JUST HUMILIATION!! DOMINATION!! JUST THE OPPOSITE OF FREEDOM!! FAT STUPID EVIL COPS STUMBLING AROUND EVERYWHERE!! ARMED FELONS IN THE MILITARY!! JUST URINATING AND DEFECATING ALL OVER US!! JUST LAUGHING AND SMILING AND GIGGLING AS EVERYTHING GOES TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET!! WITH A PACK OF MEDIA LIARS AND CRIMINALS SUCKING THE CURRENCY DRY!! BLOWING EVERYTHING OUT!!!!
And here are some comments from other users:
- Nice, they spend people’s money to pay for cops to kick those people. I say, give them something that it’s worth their money!
- No problem. It will be a beauty, the gov/cops will take full advantage of it’s power. It’s gonna be huge.
- Burn it all to the fuckin ground
3. From here:
- so Pittsburgh has about 40 Starbucks… hmmmm get them all in one night ;)
- Fireworks make a excellent incendiary device for dumpsters and just about anything else. They probably won’t get very far pushing the demonstration out of city unless they want it to go up in flames. Smoke Bombs are da shit! 4th of July is coming. You best stock up
- Trust me. I live in Pittsburgh. The police force is known for their brutality. It won’t be fun, but we must do what needs to be done. They’ve also purchased A TON of tear gas for the occasion, and they are going to keep if wether or not the riot happens or not. It’s downright bullshit.
- the only good thing i think that can come of this is that it is smack dab in the middle of three bioregions so kids from the midwest, mid-eastern seaboard, and the northeast could descend upon the city. it is a fairly central location to devour with our decentralized diversity of tactics. ;)
- don’t get me wrong, i’m all about gettin wild, but let’s do it somewhere that the cops and feds haven’t been monitoring and building fences for months. let’s stop letting them write the script.
- Exactly. Do you think they’re expecting us? Do you think they’re prepared for 10 Seattle Riots happening concurrently? God damn right. That said, they do sleep. I prefer a sleeping fascist in a onesie to one in riot gear. It’s all about picking your spot.
- Damage doesn’t have to be done just in Pittsburgh alone you guys. Anarchists living in different parts of the country can form their own affinity groups and carry out a quick and unannounced action. It’s been done before small scale. If the word is spread out long enough and is well organized it might not be so small. Think of it like this. Pittsburgh get’s hit really hard while little actions are popping up all over the U.S. I can already see the NEWS headlines “Corporate America Under Siege?”
- Knock it off… The pigs are not omnipotent or anything. How they stage for a summit is a military-like cluster fuck. Google up the Pittsburgh news sites; The pigs are fucking clueless. Last night they busted a drain cleaning busness for having some PVC pipe. The pigs said it could be a “sleeping dragon”. maybe that’s when their shit got fucked up. LOL. Be fuckin’ careful but remember: All pigs are paper tigers…
Capitalism is not simply imposed by a few heads of state; it is a decentralized system perpetuated at every level of society. Accordingly, on the second day of the summit, actions will take place throughout Pittsburgh targeting institutions that perpetrate the daily oppression and devastation of the capitalist economy. The Pittsburgh G20 Resistance Project has prepared a menu of suitable locations for such actions. Pick a location, plan your action, and come to Pittsburgh! The idea is that all the actions will conclude at 11:30 a.m. sharp, whether they last for four hours or four minutes up to that moment.
So you see why I’m a bit worried about our city and our police officers?
Take a look at that “menu” of locations for “actions.”
My God, they better not TOUCH Trader Joes. I will choke an anarchist bitch.