Love is love.

When I was at the Best of Pittsburgh Party, I spoke to a woman from the Zoo who asked if I was still having problems with the pigeon people, and I said sadly, “You know, since I’ve started writing about their ridiculous emails and making fun of their ridiculous butts, they’ve quit writing to me. Sadcakes.”

Then this bright and beautiful sunny Monday morning, A TREAT IN MY INBOX!

Dear Ms. Montanez,

I don’t know how you can say you love sick kids and hate pigeons beyond imagination.  Love is love, whether for innocent kids or innocent birds. I can only presume that what you have is a phobia, and you should look inside yourself for the answer to that problem, or else seek conselling. Either way, I would urge you to stop dishing out your psychosis on the public. It is offensive and disgusting to those who love all forms of innocent life.

Yours sincerely,

Teresa.

Lucky for me, my WordPress is a complete snitch that will tell me from what referring site certain emailers are coming to me , and this Teresa came to me from … I can’t even type this it is so offensive … Pij ‘n’ Angels.

You don’t have to go there, I’ma  tell you what they say about me.  The good stuff:

But to hate a pigeon so? Maybe a pigeon attacked her, or a friend or family member?? More likely it’s something petty like one pooped on her car. People can be so petty. Shame on them I get the feeling some people say they hate pigeons because they have heard other people say they do, like being a member of the pigeon hating club makes them cool. This person probably thinks her writing about her hatred of pigeons makes her sound witty. I haven’t had time yet, but if anyone finds out why this person hates pigeons let me know. Maybe if this person would come to this site she’d learn a thing or two. I get the impression she’s not as smart as she thinks she is.

If you want to know why I hate pigeons, it is because they have pooped on me, divebombed me, flipped me the bird, called me nasty names, and have, on more than one occassion tried to terminate my ass. I’m not even exaggerating ONE LITTLE BIT! Also, Pigeon Hating Club does sound like a thing cool people would join. Let me know if you want in. Our song goes like this, “Pigeons suck. Pigeons suck. Pigeons SUCK!” I just made that up right now. I know.

I agree. Let’s all contact her.

Please do, so I can write about your ridiculous butts.  Also, I can’t take you seriously when your avatar is a FRICKIN’ PIGEON YOU KEEP IN YOUR HOME. Gawd.

This also from Teresa:

All the people who have anger management issues need scapegoats, and cowards prefer scapegoats that wouldn’t hurt a fly. It’s safe enough for bullies to say they hate pigeons, because they have so few official friends and protectors, and indeed many people consider them pests. That makes them a soft target for bullying cowards.  I don’t think it’s unintelligent people who hate pigeons, I think it’s damaged people who crave empowerment and exhibit gratuitous violence so long as they themselves are in no danger of getting hurt for it; in fact, they may even pick up a few equally damaged allies on the way.

Pigeons wouldn’t hurt a fly?! What the hell ever.  A pigeon would poke its own mother’s eyeballs out for a discarded french fry.

There was a pigeon trapped in a store here recently. A kid walking by said to his mother Hey there’s a pigeon! I’m going to go kick it! Seeing red/mad He probably saw that on the internet or heard it from a friend perhaps. That type of thing won’t go away on it’s own. The kid’s mother could have explained why that would have been a mean thing to do but didn’t.

Honestly, if my kid ever sees a pigeon and tries to kick it, I’ll probably buy him a donut or a cookie or maybe some new Legos.  Maybe throw myself a parade for being such a kickass mom.  I won’t let him hurt any other bird or any other animal, but yeah, have at that knowing bastard.

The crap?! That didn’t even make sense. HELLO, I’M BLOGGING RIGHT HERE! Go ahead and tell my blog administrator. His name is Mike Woycheck. Tell him you want me fired. Go ahead. woy [at] haveagoodsandwich [dot] org.  Mike, be sure to forward those to me so I can laugh at their ridiculous butts.

Pigeon lovers, I hate pigeons. Hate them. Yes, I write about them a lot and if you hate it, that’s why we have the bloop-bloop-bloop function on this here blog. You don’t want to read it, you bloop on down to the next post or you go away.

And Burghers, you know if these people do manage to hunt me down, I will be armed with a giant bucket of roaches so that when they come up to me and I throw it at them, while they are screaming and hollering and crying “GET THEM OFF GET THEM OFF!” I will say calmly.  “It is innocent life. Love all life. Love is love.”

Stay tuned! What They’re Really Thinking will be posted around 3:00.  It will be slut-tastic!

1. REARless
    September 21, 2009 10:54 am

These people as well as PETA members and the G20 protesters must be living very charmed lives in that they have nothing else to worry about.

Meanwhile I am going to go worry about paying my bills, keeping my job, raising my kids to be responsible adults, take care of my elderly parents, and last but not least, fixing that hook I have in my golf swing.

2. Jtown
    September 21, 2009 11:03 am

I was expecting some Skippy bashing early this morning, but all we get is more bird talk.

Alka-Seltzer and french fries…

3. Rocky
    September 21, 2009 11:04 am

ODG. If I didn’t know better I would think that was an Onion site. I am wondering how the writer has time to blog about forbidden pigeon love and still dust her extensive collection of ceramic angels?

4. Capt. Dummy
    September 21, 2009 11:13 am

my goodness, i hate dirty pidgeons!!! go love a hawk or something, they kick ass, and i’d still love them if they dive-bombed me. but dirty rats with wings?!?! don’t think so! lol. preach on, ginny!

5. AZNBurgher
    September 21, 2009 11:15 am

I imagine Ginny to be our Homer Simpson…training for ‘Whacking Day’ like a ninja.

6. Pittwedge
    September 21, 2009 11:18 am

I don’t care for pigeons, but I can’t say I hate them…however, I love your posts about them and I do love me some Peregrine falcons! If their main food source in Pittsburgh is the pigeon population, oh well. Keep on bloggin’ Ginny because we’ll all keep reading.

7. Mary
    September 21, 2009 11:20 am

I think this topic has jumped the shark.

8. Vivian formerly NYLuvsPitts
    September 21, 2009 11:32 am

Why are these people always comparing pigeons to sick kids? Did they not watch Sesame Street growing up and see the “one of these things are not like the others” part?

9. Norm
    September 21, 2009 11:39 am

I love when they said you have anger management issues.

10. Tinare
    September 21, 2009 11:41 am

I’m with Mary, sorry. I’m a big fan, really. I love your writing Ginny, but talk about beating a dead horse…er pigeon.

11. bluzdude
    September 21, 2009 11:41 am

Here’s when I got the shudder… when she said to “look deep inside yourself.”

Um, isn’t that where Hannibal Lechter left “Miss Moffet”? I suppose next she’s going to have an old friend for dinner.

Big ups for the falcon love… As Gary Larson once said so eloquently, “Birds of prey know they’re cool.” This, of course, is coming from a Bowling Green Falcon. Whooooo!

12. Kate
    September 21, 2009 11:45 am

On one of Anthony Bourdain’s shows he said that pigeons were imported to America in order to be shot and eaten. Let’s get back to our roots, y’all.

13. mfj
    September 21, 2009 11:49 am

“The best way is really to ignore or – as CNN did best – cut her off from publishing and notify the appropriate people such as blog administrators/web providers if she starts again.”

So…they think you got fired from CNN?

14. John in the Rocks
    September 21, 2009 11:51 am

Another spot on post, Ginny. These pigeon lovers are way too full of themselves. I expect them to be protesting for pigeon rights during the G-20.

15. TwinMamaTeb
    September 21, 2009 11:54 am

Had pop-rocks with my dessert last night (overly creative chef) and we thought of you!

16. spoon
    September 21, 2009 11:57 am

“I don’t think it’s unintelligent people who hate pigeons, I think it’s damaged people who crave empowerment and exhibit gratuitous violence so long as they themselves are in no danger of getting hurt for it; in fact, they may even pick up a few equally damaged allies on the way.”

That my friends is how the Pittgirl Minions were formed and I’m proud to be one of the damaged allies

17. Laura
    September 21, 2009 12:00 pm

OMG. I cannot believe that there are people out there that care so much about these stupid ass birds. Don’t they have anything better to do with themselves? With so many other important things in the world to worry about, these people are a disappointment to humanity.

Please, pigeon haters, leave Ginny alone so she can write about more important stuff–like the Steelers ‘n at.

18. Still A Fan
    September 21, 2009 12:01 pm

You kid around but with your name out there, I don’t know Scoob….there might be a splinter group of the abortion doctor killers.

19. JBEN
    September 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Please tell me you have something better to write about.

20. not a pideon
    September 21, 2009 12:20 pm

This just says it all. I couldn’t even read the whole thing. I really like when they refer to homeless pideons. Read it an laugh.

21. not a pigeon
    September 21, 2009 12:22 pm

This just says it all. I couldn’t even read the whole thing. I really like when they refer to homeless pigeons. Read it and laugh.

Sorry, I didn’t spell check

22. kelly c
    September 21, 2009 12:23 pm

you should switch it up and start writing about your hatred for lil easter chicks. imagine all the hate mail you’d get. now go find your inner peep!

23. Chris P
    September 21, 2009 12:33 pm

scary shit … here’s the avatar of their forum moderator (be afraid, very afraid;):

24. JennyMoon
    September 21, 2009 12:33 pm

I was expecting the skippy bashing as well. That was my thought when they showed him at the end of the game almost crying. “She is gonna have a field day with this one.” Commence field day!

25. toni
    September 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Ginny, really…forget the roaches. We have a buncha LIVE human roaches converging on us for G-20 Thurs and Fri. Contact a few of them and tell them you know for a fact that ‘PIJ n Angels’ is a code name for a corporate conglomerate trumpeting capitalism.

Hopefully they add PIJ to their menu after they hit the 40 starbucks.

Save a roach…save Pittsburgh…divert an anarchist to the pigeon lovers.

26. dand
    September 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Also don’t forget thy feeding those damn birds is a health code violation in allegheny county. “Attracting a nuisance” is what it’s called according to a pest control expert who helped us rid our chimney of pigeon offspring.

27. La Reina
    September 21, 2009 1:00 pm

I’ll join Virginia’s pigeon-hating club if it makes me look cool or even if it doesn’t. I agree with Toni, sic the G-20 anarchist idiots on the pigeon-loving idiots and let’s have one big idiotfest right here in the Burgh.

28. be
    September 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Pigeons are yucky. Bring on the Skippy/slut-tastic post — I’ve been waiting all day for your comments on yesterday’s loss! And don’t forget a pic of Troysus on the sideline!

29. Ant_041
    September 21, 2009 1:08 pm

LOL I had to go to their site. Now that is some funny shit. I think they owe me a new keyboard LMAO.

Ginny, kept posting, and forget about those clowns.

BTW there is one post where Mrs Esq. copied an e-mail she sent. How would she like it if someone sent that site to all of them letting them their E-Mail Address are out there?

30. Leah
    September 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Ignore them. You are hilarious and I raise a glass, (well its usually my water bottle when I am sitting at my desk reading your blog) to you each and EVERY time you write about how much you hate pigeons

Blog on, hate on, and keep making us laugh. Pittsburgh loves you.

31. Woy
    September 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Blog administrator? I liked being called the butler so much better.

This woman has to be involved in this organized campaign, somehow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzJfZGbjv4s

LOVE the photo of Mike Tyson loving pigeons. If that doesn’t tell you that it’s a sane practice, I don’t know what will.

32. Steelman
    September 21, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey Teresa

I think most people would consider pigeons tolerable and cute if they congregated in the countryside, forests and fruited plains. But when they nest, flock and crap in the city inhabited by human beings then they are no longer lovable little creatures and it is open season on them.

33. Bobbo
    September 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Pigeons suck! Death to them all!

34. Bobbo
    September 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Also… Poor Woy. He’s going to be inundated with dumb e-mails.

35. Joy
    September 21, 2009 2:31 pm

haha. ohmygawsh. those pigeon people need to quit taking themselves so seriously.

are their lives so drab they have nothing better to do then worry about pigeon haters on the internet?

this is all i have to say to those people, “you should look inside yourself for the answer to that problem, or else seek conselling. Either way, I would urge you to stop dishing out your psychosis on the public”

36. wckdcll
    September 21, 2009 2:55 pm

That woman needs to seek treatment for the love of all this stoopid love! “I think it’s damaged people who crave empowerment and exhibit gratuitous violence” this is so me tho, I am not gonna lie. HEY…PSYCHO TERESA…I spit on a stink bug the other night and he drowned, whatcha gonna do bout dat sister??? Roaches!!! Fab idea…

37. Dave
    September 21, 2009 3:08 pm

The best posts on that site? Any and all from wing-ed rat lover “Cindy,” because she has the most awesomely insane signature box I have ever seen:

_________________
    Cindy

A Pigeon’s Prayer
    Please watch over us while we fly,
    keeping us safe from the predators that share the sky.
    If we become ill or injured in any way,
    Please lead us to safety where we are welcome to stay.

38. Jennifer
    September 21, 2009 3:12 pm

love is love? That comparison is like saying that since I love my children I also have to love Tom Brady.

39. Stephanie
    September 21, 2009 3:48 pm

on my way to las velas i will litter the streets with pop rocks. i will continue the practice on my way out of las velas. i would love for the great citizens of pittsburgh to join me.

40. chrys
    September 21, 2009 3:54 pm

LMAO!! Some people have issues.. Theresa needs her head examined.. :P

I hate pigeons.. I don’t feel I have anger management isssues, I just think pigeons are dirty, disgusting, flying rats! bleechh!

41. chrys
    September 21, 2009 3:55 pm

LMAO!! Some people have issues.. Teresa needs her head examined.. :P

42. RIZZO
    September 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Pij’ n’ Angels? Are you kidding me? What is angelic about a damned pigeon? Rodents with wings I say. Rat lovers they are!
    Best of luck with the restaurant!

43. YetanotherJennifer
    September 21, 2009 4:45 pm

That website was amusing, until the SOUND kicked in. Suddenly there was pigeon noise filling my office. *Shudder*

44. Sooska
    September 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I feel sorry for those pathetic pigeon-loving losers. Obviously they don’t have enough real “love is love” in their lives or they wouldn’t have to turn to wing-ed vermin.

Ginny,I hope the pigeon people don’t try to get you fired from Pittsburgh Mag like they did from CNN. Very powerful people, these lovers of flying bacteria and virus labs.

45. steeler_tom
    September 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Look crazy pigeon lover Peta wads….
    Saying something is one thing
    acting is another

Do you have any proof that Ginny has ever harmed a feather?

Then it’s freedom of speech idiots.
    Now, go do something smart like Ben Franklin suggests…… “Sometimes its better to be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt”.

Get it?

Thanks now “Shutty!”

46. Ashley Ann :)
    September 22, 2009 12:21 am

WOW if those ppl would only put that emotion into doing something helpful, such as helping sick kids or homeless people, rather than sticking up for pigeons? really? their freaking birds, i think there are things that need more attention out there than a pigeon!!!!